Chapter 10 - Fried Dumpling

"Jo's sister is still asking about you." Seokjin says before stuffing his mouth with japchae. They were having lunch at the hospital cafeteria like usual on a workday.

"Ugh.. I told you, hyung. I'm not ready for a serious relationship right now." Taehyung huffs.

"I don't understand, she's exactly your type. And I think it's time for you to try again." Seokjin shrugs.

"Unless she's only down to fuck, I'm not interested." the other declares then stuffs some japchae in his mouth then lightly dabs the sides of his lips with a napkin while chewing.

"But she's pretty, she's kind, she has an exemplary bust to waist to bum ratio, she plays the piano, she can sing, she can cook and she's even taking her masters degree in accounting!" Seokjin builds up as he listed the traits with his fingers like he's ran over these details a gazillion times, eyes wide.

"Hyung, do you really want to lose your assistant that bad?" Taehyung says with a look of fake sympathy in his eyes.

"Why would I lose Jo? ... Oh! Do you like Jo instead??" Seokjin asks, surprised as if he just realized the truth as he pushed up his glasses. "Hmmm.. that could be arranged..." Seokjin mutters as he paused from eating then stares at his food, other hand scratching his chin.

"Hyung. That's not what he meant." Namjoon explains, chewing his food.

Taehyung starts laughing quietly as he chews, his nose scrunched while moving his chopsticks around his noodles.

"What?"

"If he and Naia get together then it means he would just drop her like the rest of them after a steamy session then Jo would make your life a living hell which in turn would make you want to fire her hence the "you really want to lose your assistant that bad" question." Namjoon explains with air quotes.

"Oooww.." Taehyung whines as Seokjin's palm slapped his shoulder forcefully making him topple over a bit.

"Sorry.." Seokjin comforts after a few seconds later as he stroked Taehyung's shoulder while the other pouts at him with puppy eyes.

Namjoon chuckles.

"Ow! Hyung! Just one..." Namjoon cradles his hand after Seokjin slapped it away from his bowl when he tried to steal a fried dumpling while Seokjin was busy caressing Taehyung's back.

"No."

Namjoon tsked.

"Hyung, why don't you take your own advice?" Namjoon decides to ask while eyeing the food from the stalls up front trying to ignore how Taehyung was excessively acting cute and Seokjin just gobbling everything up with that look of concern on his face.

"Are you sure it doesn't hurt?"

"Just a little bit, hyung." *pouts*

"Where?"

*points at his back*

*caressing*

"I'm sorry.."

"It's okay, hyung.."

"Really?"

"Yeah.."

"I'm sorry again."

"It hurts but only just a little.."

Namjoon gags. Seokjin apparently didn't even hear his question over their hushed conversation about a measly back slap that realistically could have only hurt for the first 2 seconds. Taehyung just loved riding on Seokjin's tenderness and continue on putting up his act. Namjoon wondered how Seokjin could see it when Taehyung deliberately acts "cute" to manipulate Hoseok but subsequently couldn't tell when Taehyung does it to him. Being the youngest out of the three sure does have it's benefits and Namjoon often felt out of place between the two. It's as if the two spent more time together than he knew of when he was even friends with Seokjin longer than Taehyung.