Chapter 3 - Stuck

It was a Sunday, supposedly his day off but Taehyung was off to the hospital to check on patients he's operated on. He wore a long brown coat over his long sleeved shirt making his rounds, smiling at the nurses as they handed him each patient's clipboard for monitoring.

The patient's families are always grateful to see him visit their loved ones, it just made them feel more assured that everything was going to be all right and that their doctor really cared about the well being and progress of their occupants.

"Thank you, son." A middle aged woman he operated on smiles as she shakily patted his hand on hers which he held after asking if she was doing all right.

He smiles lovingly at the woman as her daughter, who's face filled with relief seeing him there, thanked him as well as she continuously bowed to him.

It was times like these that made Taehyung's heart soar. He felt so fulfilled with his job that he felt as if nothing could even compare to the happiness coursing through his veins seeing how he could be of help to all these people.

Pressing the button on his car key as he approached his vehicle, Taehyung's lips stretched into a wide grin seeing Seokjin and Hoseok in the distance by the parking lot of the hospital. Right next to the hospital was the Piper Sports Campus, a place where they frequented playing different types of sports. Although most of the time, just working out in it's gym.

He waved his hand furiously and saw Seokjin glance at him beneath his black cap. Seokjin must have played with Hoseok for a few rounds of tennis for the whole morning, he looked exhausted walking behind Hoseok, all sweaty and red slackly holding his tennis racket. They were both wearing their sports clothing, Seokjin with his pair of simple white tennis shirt and shorts and Hoseok with his black and green striped top, black shorts and his black visor.

Taehyung noticed Seokjin act as if he didn't see him as his walking pace quicken, almost rushing out of the court and inside the facility. Hoseok trailed behind him stumbling in his step with his brows furrowed, clearly confused as to why his gaming partner just all of a sudden rushed inside pulling him along.

A devilish smile spread across Taehyung's face as he chuckled to himself. Seokjin sure did avoid him whenever Hoseok was around. It's just because Taehyung loved teasing him about their hospital receptionist friend so much so that he steers clear from him whenever he could, even lying to Taehyung about his activities for today.

It was a little after lunch now and Taehyung had decided to have take out and relax at home and finish up some necessary evil tasks, like charting. Though initially he asked his hyung if he was available for lunch since Namjoon was clearly not going to be up for it as a result of having a son and Seokjin said he had some important business to finish today, some important business it was indeed.

"Soo.. you finished your important business already, hyung?" Taehyung playfully questions as he sat on a bench just before the exit of the facility as Seokjin and Hoseok walk out of the shower and changing rooms of the sports center.

"Oh, hey! When did you get here?" Seokjin asks him and Taehyung was just oh so familiar with the bite in that tone along with the awkward fake smile partnered with those glaring eyes.

"Hey, Taehyung! Why didn't you join us?" Hoseok perks up with a wide smile approaching Taehyung as the latter stood up with that shit eating grin on his face glued on Seokjin behind Hoseok.

"You had a ton of things to do, right? You told me you had scheduled appointments the whole day.. right?" Seokjin confirms as he started making small subtle twitching head movements in Hoseok's direction as the three of them stood there.