Chapter 1

Rose pov.

"Keith?.... Are you here?" 

I looked inside our little rundown shack located inside a small forest behind our neighborhood. Adjusting the blanket on my arms, I walked in after hearing small breaths in the cold night. Stepping inside, I noticed purple marks around Keith’s neck. That explains why he couldn’t answer. 

Quickly I walked inside and adjusted the blanket on top of us as we lay down on the rusty wood floor. He lay his head on top of mine as I pulled out my father’s phone. I had stolen it before he left to drink with his friends again. Turning it on, I went back to read ‘Who made me a Princess.’ 

I read aloud for Keith. If he couldn’t see the words, we read up until Vol. 3, chapters 88. 

“You know Keith. I was surprised about Athanasia’s choice of words. She could of just bring Lucas with her during the meeting or outspoke the truth and brought everything into the light. I know Jennette is a clueless person but doesn’t Athanasia want to save Claude? And if she does, couldn’t they save Jennette since they are royalty. No one will go against royalty since they don’t dare to do it. And if it gets bad, they could wait until she is old enough to live independently and give her money to leave. She is kind of the main problem for the whole memory thing with Claude’s older brother. But again, she doesn’t know anything; she is just a chess piece in the whole game. But that is my opinion.” I said as I turn off the phone. 

I felt him shrug as we both got comfortable under the blanket. He made sure not to touch my stab wounds from last night as I made sure not to touch his burn marks. With that, we both slowly close our eyes as the cold wind flown by during the night. 

We did not know it will be our last cold, windy night for us. That death finally took pity and decided it’s time to rest in peace. That there will be no more touch, no more yells, no more marks, no more sleepless nights, and no more anything. All we hope, for now, is that we stay together in the light and whatever the next thing will come.