Chapter 3

So far from what I heard from the maids, this is the rudy palace that the emperor’s concubines used to live. Until the emperor killed everyone after Diana gave birth to us and tragically died. Sigh, I reach over to grab my sister’s hand, who is currently sleeping. The rude maids gave up separating us and let us stay on one crib, while Athanasia has her own. That’s right, Athanasia. 

This baby girl and I had been reincarnated into ‘who made me a princess.’ Why us?... I know I sound crazy, but she reminds me of Rose. I guess I have to wait until at least one of us can speak. 

The maids almost gave up on us and focused more on Athanasia. We are more challenging to handle, while Athanasia is more willing to be taken care of. It’s just difficult to trust adults and their b-big hands… They seem caring but are only following orders. 

I could feel Athanasia staring. She must be shocked to notice that we are her siblings and not born solo. I wonder how the storyline will continue. Will we be by her side struggling to earn Claude’s affection? Will she fall off the boat, or will we able to stop her? Will we say the same line about the tea? Will we move to the same palace the emperor is living in? Would… Would he give us affection… I-I know I’m asking for much, but would it be possible to… Or would he only focus on Athanasia since she is the main protagonist of the story….Would it be impossible to even earn his affection-

Tiny fingers touch my cheek. She looks back at me with her concerned crystal blue eyes with straight short blond hair. Is she concern about me? 

I reach over to touch her cheek and giggle. I do hope she is Rose. I will be lost without her by my side. 

Seeing that I’m alright, she giggles with me with her beautiful smile. Not caring by the stares Athanasia is staring, or the maids coming in confuse at our happiness. 

Half of the maids came to our side while the others went to Athanasia’s side. 

“Hm? She’s still not asleep?” 

“Probably the prince and princess woke princess Athanasia up with their giggles?” 

“Do we need to be here? They can’t move on their own anyway.” 

Of course, we can’t move because we are still babies! Babies still need to be taken care of even if parents act like we don’t exist! Frustrated at them I focus on my new sister’s hand. 

She also seems to ignore the maids talking and also see what I’m doing with her hand. The maids on our side decided that since we are quiet, they moved towards Athanasia’s side. 

Poor Lily, she worried so much about us and seemed to be the only maid concerned about us. She worries about Athanasia not crying much and worried about us not wanting anybody to touch us. One night when she came to visit to sing us some lullabies. She told us a story about our supposed psycho father. When he first call us, he only carried my sister and me. Athanasia was still sleeping, but we were awake; he gave us commoners’ names. Even though he had blood on his hands and never gave us names worthy of royalty, we still smiled at him and never once cried. My sister’s name is Acacia de Alger Obelia, and mine is Aster de Alger Obelia. I guess flower naming is a commoner’s name? Does he even know the meaning behind those flowers? 

“His majesty doesn’t even think of them but they are surrounded by such luxuries. What a life!” A maid said, cutting off my thoughts. 

A life?... Well, I guess it’s better than my previous life. At least in this life, I have a bed, food, heat, and someone beside me 24/7. Rose was always beside me, and when she has to go back home… I always beg her not to go back. For fear of both of us. For fear of being alone. For fear of not wanting Rose to get hurt or sad anymore. 

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

“Do you like it that much?”

“Oah!” 

“Oh my!”

My brother and I watch as Athanasia is playing with sweet Lily. At the beginning of the chapters, I remember that Athanasia would save up much gold to run away in the future. 

As Lily would continue to play with Athanasia, I continue to play with my cute brother. We both look at the golden ball between us as we lay on the floor. Keith and I never did had toys to play with before, so I don’t know what to do here. And it seems as Aster doesn’t know either.  

We both stared at the shiny golden ball as we continue to hear LIly and Athanasia giggles. 

“I’ll bring you a new one when you get tired of it.” Oh, Lily. Athanasia doesn’t play with them. She is just saving them for running away money, which wouldn’t happen. 

Looking around the room, some items are missing. Everything is going accordingly to the storyline. All we need to do is wait and learn to trust.