Chapter 14

“Let’s hide in the forest,”  Lucas said while Aster and I are kept in his arms. We watch the beautiful scenery of trees pass by as Lucas continues to fly towards a nearby lake. 

Ahh~ I miss the warmth of the sun, the cold breeze, and seeing living things than rusty bars. Being lock-up wasn’t that bad. Sure, in the beginning, it reminds me of the time where my past life father took me to the basement. I was expecting the worst, but it was enjoyable. However, after meeting Felix, things had changed. Slowly Felix brings all kinds of snacks that papa ordered for us to enjoy. Even though papa didn’t get it himself, we were still happy that he kept thinking about us. 

Once in the night, Aster woke me up in the middle of the night, and papa was there. At first, I thought I was still sleeping because papa was so beautiful from the moonlight reflecting his face and hair. 

We watch happily as papa opened the door and drops a fluffy blanket onto the ground next to us. He watched as we crawl towards the big blanket, feeling the soft fur on our fingers. We happy snuggle the fur against our cheek. 

The fur was so soft. It felt like getting cuddle by so many baby kittens or maybe a huge huggable bear. 

“Bunnies.” We heard papa whisper. We turned to him, but he already turned around and walked away. 

“Bunnies?” Aster whispered, confuse, as he tilted his head a little to the left. 

“I don’t see any bunnies here? Why did he say bunnies?” 

My brother shrugs his shoulder as he adjusts the blanket to cover us. “Maybe he has pet bunnies that he remembers to take care of?” 

He rested his head against my shoulder as peaceful sleep took over. 

After that, papa only comes to visit us on certain nights but never in the daylight. He would bring something for us to enjoy and once when we wanted to see the moon. He carried us in his arms and showed us the night sky! 

Now every night, we sleep a little late, wondering if papa is going to revisit us. 

I had confessed to my brother that if we can accept him as our papa. We don’t know how fathers are supposed to act, but papa is coming close to the meaning of what a father should be. He gives us delicious snacks; he carries us whenever he wanted; he patted our heads, gives us presents, and more. He never asks or says anything but just stares at us. 

We’re okay with that; as long if he is around, then we are okay. But, I wonder if he will continue to act like this when Athanasia wakes up…. 

We know that he loves Athanasia because he acts in the manhwa, and I can’t help but feel a little jealous. 

Aster and I will finally have a father who can give us affection and love, what we always wanted. Sure, a mom would be great, but she sacrifices herself for all three of us to be born, and that is a great mom in the history of moms. Even though she left us with uncontrol chaos of emotions of a father, but he had changed! 

So, brother and I had created multiple plans if something happened. For example, if papa loves Athanasia and we were just playing things to make hope on crushed children. Then we can move in with Lucas at the magician black tower, and when we are at an age, we can take trips around the world while wearing something to cover our eyes from being recognized as royal. Second, if he loves us and sees us as his children, we can do things that can make him proud of us and give us affection. Third, he does keep us only because Aster is male, which makes him the first in line for the throne. Then we stay for Aster to become king. And for me to become a knight, an advisor, or something that I can do to help my brother. 

So many options just by one action, but it’s always good to be organized. 

“Here we are,” Lucas said as he flies down to the ground. He didn’t let us go from his arms which is acceptable since we also feel clingy. He walked down to the beautiful big lake that is shiny because of the sun. 

He sat down close to the lake; magically, a rag appears when he swirls his hand. We moved away from his lap so he can reach towards the water. Then, drenching the rag, he reaches towards us as he cleans the dirt from our faces or arms. We let him; he can be overprotective like an older brother. Plus, it feels nice. 

“That so-called emperor dares to play with me by using you guys as leverage for me-”  Lucas aggressively whispers his words as he grumpily wipes out the dirt on our skin. We let him since it has been about 40 something days since we last see him. Who knows what happened with him and papa being the most powerful people in the same room. 

“Lucas, did you tell papa about why she was in pain and fainted into a coma?” Aster said. Oh yeah, did we prevent this from happening? All we did was- Oh no! 

“Wait-We didn’t get our punishment from Athanasia!” 

Lucas looked like he doesn’t care about our punishment; we know that he can swoop in anytime and stop anything major from happening. But brother and I had our eyes widen from shock. Did papa forget? Or did he realize that we didn’t do anything and we’re innocent?  No, he never forgets about something important.

“We have afternoon tea with papa tomorrow. Then, maybe, we’ll have our punishment there since I guess papa wanted Athanasia to have time to figure out what she can do to us?”

Aster suggested with a conflicted expression. 

We don’t know what will happen. We didn’t do anything, the only thing that I did was bring blackie back to the castle, but that is it.

“I guess we wait and see.”

A plate of banana puddling appears in front of us. We looked up and saw Lucas giving us the delicious snack. “Don’t worry, if anything bad happens, I can save you two, and we can live in the black tower. Now, it’s has been many weeks since we had spent time together, and I want to enjoy every moment than worrying about what will happen in the future.”

He pushed the plates towards us as he sat between us. He is right; if anything wrong happens then, Lucas can save us. He is always there and I’m happy that he cares about us as much as we do about him. Happily, we ate the pudding while enjoying the scenery in front of us.