Chapter 15

“In the afternoon you will be having tea with all your children. I will send Knights to search the forest to look for-” Claude cut off Felix as he continued to sign papers from his main work office. 

“Don’t send Knights into the forest, they will scare them and won't come for tea.” 

Claude couldn’t see Felix smile behind the papers he was carrying in his hands. “Your majesty, you have changed.” 

Claude stopped writing, a small ink fell down from being in the air for too long and splatted the work he had been writing. He clicked his tongue and put away the paper and ballpoint. He rested back on the chair and looked at Felix. 

“The Knight of Crimson Blood, what do you mean?” 

“Sigh, your majesty, please don’t call me that. And you know what I mean, you are acting like a dad to your children.” Felix said happily. 

A dad? I furrowed my eyebrows a little. Me? 

I heard Felix sigh. “Your majesty, when the two children appeared they had caught your attention, right?” 

I nodded my head for his question. 

Yes, at first I was interested. That wrench wasn’t able to name the last two younger children. 

I can remember clearly that day when I first met all three of them. After killing everyone in the Ruby palace I came to see them myself. My intention was to kill them. But the two younger nameless children gave me a second thought. They don’t resemble that much of that wrench. 

Then the two nameless children were the only ones awake, both stretched out their small hands even though I had blood on me. This has to be the first time someone dared to give me a smile when I’m covered in blood. What caught my interest was that people cower in my presence but these two didn’t.

Next to them, I could see the oldest who the wrench was able to name, Athanasia. Now that will make me laugh. 

Looking down on my two nameless children, they don’t look much of that wrench but rather more like me. I could see their straight blond hair, the girl has my eye shape, the boy has my nose, and both seem to have the intelligent strike in their eyes. 

I raised my hand towards them which was covered in blood. Slowly rubbing my hand against their cheeks which they took with pride. I can feel the maids cower behind me waiting for the new princesses and prince to die. With my other hand, I reach to my waist and about to take my sword out of its hold but the two nameless children did something. 

Both grab my pinkie and thumb and giggled? 

Both had smiled on their face. Seeing their royal blue eyes sparkle while they continue to hold my hand while giggling. Their cheeks covered in blood didn’t even startle them or care. 

Sigh, I took back my hand and then took out a cloth to wipe out the blood in their faces. When I’m done, I wipe out the blood in my hands. 

My nameless children stop smiling but gave me a curious look. 

What am I doing? I should be killing them but seeing them act like this… 

I took one more look towards that wrench 2.0 and anger filled me up. She looks mostly like that dancer and little to me. 

I reach over and grab my two nameless children, both seemed happy for that action. I took more seconds looking at them as they look at me. Something spark inside me, I felt a surge of this unfamiliar emotion when I look at my nameless children. 

When have I started calling them mine? 

“The young prince will be named, Aster de Alger Obelia. The young princess will be named Acacia de Alger Obelia.” 

The maids dare not to gossip or say anything about the names. 

The names I have chosen are not fit for a royal… I want them to have a peaceful and pure life is what I secretly wanted. Being a royal is a deadly path and full of hardship. 

I carefully put them back in the crib and turned around to walk back to my room. I didn’t give the oldest a glace, after all, she got more of that dancer than me which anger me. I don’t want anything to resemble Diana in this empire. 

Maybe I should assign more maids for my flowers and toys when they grow up and get tired of all the old toys. 

Those were my final thoughts when I left the room. I made a pledge towards myself that I will never visit them for their safety. But someone or something is hurting them and I will figure out who had hurt them. And when I do find them, I’ll make sure they will be torture till there nothing left of them. 

“Have you find all the workers from the Rudy Palace?” I said as I got up and look outside from the window. The forest is there with my flowers inside there doing something with that magician. 

“We found half of them from the town and still are searching the rest. The half that we found is located in the dungeons waiting for your command.” Felix said with a serious face while gripping the papers too tight. He still couldn’t believe that adults can be so heartless on children. Some of them are parents but yet they act like the young prince and princess are only tools to get money. 

“Keep them there and only feed them one meal per day. When all the workers are found then we can start questioning them.” 

“Yes, your majesty. It’s time to start heading towards the garden. Anthy is probably there with lily and her siblings.” Felix said smiling. 

I nodded my head and start heading out to see my flowers and Athanasia.