Chapter 12

“Your majesty, may I say some thoughts and theories about the Athy siblings? And can I ask the young magician a question about them?” Felix said as he opens the bedroom doors where Athanasia is still sleeping. Inside the room, Claude is beside Athanasia and the young magician is sitting on a chair that is farther away from the royals. He got this gloomy look hanging around his head with a full glare towards the emperor.  

The young magician looks up at Felix when he suggested his question. “What do you want to know about them? Are you suggesting more information to have a better keep on them?” 

Ahh! How can a kid glare be so frightening. The young magician can rival the emperor’s cold stare.   

“You may.” I heard his majesty reply when looking at the young magician. 

The young magician continues his glare towards the emperor as if he isn’t the most powerful man in the kingdom. 

With his permission, I started to say some thoughts concerning their health. 

“I realize how skinny they are. Even without seeing under their clothes, we can tell how underweight they are. And from the looks of it, they are used to it. A child should never get used to being starved and should ask for sweets when they are hungry. And when the imperial knights brought the young princess and prince. They bought them in a harsh full way that had cause bruises on their wrists. I worry that one of their wrists is broken… and when you order me to give them their favorite sweet from the young magician information… they look so happy. So happy… but when I told them to stop, wanting to give them utensils they were scared. So scared that they went towards a corner far away from me and refuse to look up…. I noticed tears on the young princess’s eyes…” 

I looked down on the floor clutching my hands. How can these cute children be so scared. They weren’t scared when they look at their father but when other people come around them… They look so frightened. Who hurts them? What happened through all these years?... Why didn’t Athy say anything about them? 

I looked back up towards the young magician’s eyes who were staring at me. Ignoring the emperor stare, he had this calculation look. 

Full of courage I asked. “Do you know who hurts them?” 

The young magician never took his eyes away from mine. He raised his hand and did a swirl causing something to fall. He catches it and throws it at me. It was a purple bottle filled with liquid and gives me a sad smile. 

“This is medicine, give it to Cia and Star for their wrists. Tell them it was from me or they would never accept it… And it’s not my place to say who had hurt them.” 

He looks away and stares at the window where the imperial garden is shown. He said, “They always love flowers. It doesn’t matter what kind or where it grows from… They are protective of each other and will not go down without a fight. That is all I’m going to say.” 

The young magician continues to look at the imperial garden ignoring the emperor and my stare. 

I stared down at the medicine he gave me. Looking back up towards his majesty, he nodded his head. Knowing what he wanted, I happily went out and went towards the imperial kitchen to pick up some sweets. 

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

It’s been a while since Felix had shown up. After the incident, I use my hands to wipe out the tears that show up in my sister’s eyes. 

Sadly, the pudding was gone with the broken plate. 

We untangled ourselves from each other and sat next to each other staring at the bars that kept us in. 

Who knows how long it has been again. Time does go slow when doing nothing when staring at nothing—only a sense of da java.

Staring at the rusty old bars, I felt Acacia nudge me and pointed at a shadow figure walking towards us. Tensing up, we waited for the next mysterious person coming to visit today. 

Walking towards the light, we see Felix carried around his waist a purple bottle we have never seen before, in his hands full of sweets, and smiling proudly. 

We back up away from him even though there are bars between us. His smile fell, and it gives off an image of a sad puppy with its ears down. A cute puppy… 

He kneeled on the floor and quietly said while taking out the purple bottle. “Your friend, the young magician, gave me this bottle of medicine for your wrists. He said to apply it carefully, and it will heal immediately.” He pushed the bottle towards us and then made it roll over to us. 

I reached over, but Acacia stopped me. Instead, she comes over, grabs it, and opened it so that she can take a sniff of the smell. Nodding, she reaches over to my hands and pours an amount on my blue with purple mix color wrists. 

Feeling better, I touch my wrist, and it doesn’t hurt anymore! 

I grab the bottle from her hands and pour an amount on her wrists. Happily, we both looked at each other in astonishment by this magic. We should thank Lucas after this. 

Then we heard plates making noises as Felix put them on the stone floor. 

We look up and see Felix putting down dishes of sweets on the floor. He pushes it towards us and waited. He doesn’t seem to have any ill intentions, so we both crawl over slowly and grab the plates. We stared at him as he slowly brings back his smile. 

He nodded his head and said. “Young prince and princess, my name is Felix, and please enjoy these sweets. Your father sent these for you guys to enjoy.” 

Acacia nodded her head. We both still didn’t say anything to him. With a sigh, he smiled sadly and stood up. Before he left, we whisper, “Thank you…” 

We thought he didn’t hear us, and that was our intention. But he turned his head and gave us his biggest smile. When seeing his smile, we bowed our heads and started to eat the sweets while ignoring him at the same time.