Chapter 2

“Hmm. Oh, bother. How clumsy, she keeps dropping it.” 

Wh-What? 

“Don’t be a nuisance and play quietly with your toy, miss.” 

Opening my eyes, I tried to look around me. I felt a familiar tug to my left as if my soul knows this small blond baby boy who is sleeping next to me holding my hand… I have small hands… Nope. Closing my eyes, I tried to hope this is all just a dream. 

“Now, young miss. Why don’t you try going to sleep like your siblings?” 

What is going on? I could feel someone curious stare at the side of my head. Why is this so familiar? 

“What’s wrong? Ugh, I already have my hands full with all this sewing!” 

Did I hear objects being put down and a small baby voice? 

“Let’s lay you down.” 

I opened one of my eyes to see the back of a women’s black gown carrying a small baby girl with blue crystal eyes! She and I made slight eye contact. But I quickly close my eyes as I haven’t seen blue crystal eyes! 

I then felt someone picking me up, and no! Opening my eyes, I cried and squirmed away from her hands. They are big like my father’s hands when he tugs my wrists. I-I don’t like it. 

I continue to squirm until she gave up and let me stay on the floor. She then sighs and went to the small blond boy on my left. Fear struck me; I cried hard enough for the small boy to wake up. He looked confused as we made eye contact. He-he felt familiar. Even though he also has crystal blue eyes, he somehow reminds me of Keith. He looked around and noticed the women’s hands about to reach his tiny body. He also cried and squirmed away from her hands. Giving up, she left mumbling about go-getting Lily… Lily… Does she mean Lilian York?! 

From where I’m seeing, I could see the young boy’s eyes widen. Are we thinking of the same thing? We both crawled towards each other and lay next to each other. We hold hands as if it was instinct then we wait for Lily to come in. If she who I think it is, then wow, I guess we got transfigured or reincarnated into ‘who made me a princess.’ 

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Athanasia looked at the two small blond children on the floor. There wasn’t supposed to be more than one child of Claude. Who are they? Maybe they escape the palace before Jennette came. Yeah, that is the only explanation on why they are here. Ah, they are cute, though. Both remind me of little puppies waiting for their caretaker behind the door. So cute! Wait, who is the oldest? 

“Prince! Princesses!” The same woman’s voice yelled out as the doors opened. 

Both of my siblings flinched and looked scared? 

“The head maid said our budget is low, You’ll just have to play with this.” 

Is she allowed to just abruptly open the door to a baby’s room like this? She then gave me back the toy I kept dropping and turned around to face my siblings. 

“Ugh, why do you have to be a nuisance now?” The maid said as she picks them up forcefully. From where I could see, I could see their tears about to fall again. Are they shy? If I were a normal baby, I will probably also cry by the maid’s treatment. Why make her a caretaker! 

The maid put them in a single crib; could the crib even hold two babies? 

“I won’t cobble you if you start crying. I’m really busy right now!” The maid yelled at my siblings. 

How dare she yelled at my cute siblings! Ugh, if I only wasn’t a baby at this moment. But worst of all, I’m a princess! 

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

“I won’t cobble you if you start crying. I’m really bust right now!” The young maid yelled at us. 

We both obey and silently let our tears fall without making a peeping noise. The young maid reminds me of Keith’s mother when she gets drunk. I remember when I secretly visit his room with bandages. I hid inside his closet when his mother came back home from the bar too early. She usually grabs his hair and continues to yell and yell until she passes out on the floor or wanting more alcohol. 

She lefts us and went back to her rocking chair to continue to sew. 

The young boy and I looked at each other and held each other to comfort what just happened. Is this our new life? He and I got brag into the series of family drama that needs a therapist. Sigh, let’s just hope nothing major will happen to us.