Chapter 10

It has been three days since getting caught by someone. We had been laying low and not visit inside the Rudy Palace anymore, only if necessary. In the beginning, there have been about ten guards looking around and inside of the Rudy Palace since the incident. 

The next day, it got more intense. There have been more guards than before. Around 20 so far but I guess there will be more later. While hiding we heard gossip between the guards that Athanasia fainted and is under a coma. No one can figure out how to save her or wake her up. 

Oh no! I forgot that she was supposed to be in pain because of her mana after meeting her sacred wolf. But didn’t Lucas warn her about it? Wait! Did he even meet Athanasia yet? Oh no… 

Aster and I took almost a day and a half to convince Lucas to save Athanasia. He didn’t know why we wanted her to stay alive… We don’t know either. She forgot about us… But knowing there is a way to save her is right. Also, her dying can make papa kill everyone in the palace, so it’s the only choice not to lead another massacre… 

So, then Lucas had left to check whether or not she can be saved. Aster and I knew she was going to be okay. After all, this is in the storyline. 

“Cia… We need to go back to the Rudy Palace.” I heard Aster said. 

I turned around and saw him holding our only blanket, which is wet. 

“Star, what happened?” 

“Well, some birds thought this was nesting material until they drop it on the lake. I tried to stop them, but they peck me with their becks. Hehe…” He scratched the back of his head and looked guilty. 

I grab the wet blanket and put it on a branch for it to dry. It will probably take a day or so until it’s fully dry. But that was our only blanket… I guess we have no choice but to go back to the Rudy palace for another blanket. 

“We have to be extra careful not to be seen.” 

He nodded his head, and we both head off to our old living place. It took a while, and we pass through about five guards searching the forest. Good thing we are small. Well, way smaller than a seven-year-old. 

We got in the palace by using its back door that was used for the maids. We then walked into the dusty hallways trying our best to ignore the knights. Successfully we had made it into our old bedroom, looking around we found a smaller size old blanket that had a big hole in the left top edge. Aster suggested we should check over to the old maids’ bedrooms to see if any luck they left some clothes or blankets that we had miss before. Walking down the hallway, we try to stay as quiet as we can be. 

While walking, I didn’t know a person was walking behind me. It was too late. 

A knight caught us. They grab our arms and drag us outside with the rest of the knights to announce we were caught. Aster and I did our best to escape, but the knight that had caught us had tightened our hands with rope. We couldn’t escape. 

Tears slip through our eyes; we were so scared. Big adult men are staring at us as we struggle to escape. I couldn’t feel the rope burn or noticed Aster’s wrist bleeding from all the struggling. 

There is no escape. I stopped struggling before Aster. I gave up. Who knows what will happen then. Luckily they stop touching us and led me with Aster as he still continues to struggle against them. “Aster… Aster! Stop!... Star, stop hurting yourself and stop!” 

He stopped. He looked at me with frightened eyes. But all he could see was my lifeless eyes. There nothing we can do. We are only 7 years old with unhealthy bodies. He finally stopped. We obediently continue to follow where the knights were taking us. 

I hope Lucas will take care of himself. Please, whoever is up there, stop Lucas from killing anyone while trying to find us. If he finds us… Would he even find us? We were only friends for about a year. He was destined to become her best friend/ crush… Athanasia… Why is she the lucky one? Aren’t we also her siblings? Why is this happening to us? Why can’t we all love each other as a family?... Or, we aren’t family towards her eyes? 

Tears continue to glide through our cheeks as we walk through the Emerald Palace. Everyone can see us, our clear crystal blue eyes, straight hair, no shoes, rip/ old clothes, a couple of cuts and bruises from hiding away from the knights, and ropes tied around our wrists as we are drag towards a room. 

We stop in front of a grand door, and right outside, a redhead knight is guarding the doors and, Lily! 

Her eyes widen when she saw us. Tears have fallen down from her cheeks as she holds her mouth in shock. She fell to her knees as she continues to look at us. The redhead knight kneeled to help her, but she ignored him. 

Aster was the first person to look away from her eyes. I continue to look at her, who knows how long we held eye contact until I looked down on the floor, ignoring her calls to us. The knight who brought us went and opened the door while dragging us. Lily tried to stop the knight, but the redhead stops her by hugging her down. 

Good, we don’t want her to see our dead bodies. 

We walked inside, and we see our daddy, Athanasia, and--Lucas! He is here and he is healing Athanasia! We were right.

Lucas stopped what he was doing and looked at us shocked. He stood up and was about to come to our rescue but the knight’s swords stop him from coming in any closer. He was about to use magic but Aster told him to stop. 

Lucas hesitated, but after looking at our eyes, he nodded. He turned towards daddy and gave him a furious glare. “Your majesty, may I know why my precious friends are tied up as prisoners?” 

Daddy barely glanced at him but mainly focused on us. Aster and I hold eye contact without looking away. The next second he has a cold stare staring at us as if we were some bug. “I heard an interesting story from Felix, that a young blond-haired girl who fallen from a tree branch was holding a black and blue fur of a wolf. The exact wolf who had caused my daughter to be in pain. You two maybe my children from blood. But you’re the reason she is in pain. Take them inside the dungeons now!” 

I knew it, he would accept Athanasia but not us… Would daddy ever love us? 

“No! Your majesty, if you put them in the dungeon to kill them. I won’t heal your daughter. I am the only Magician who is able to heal your daughter.” Lucas said with his furious glare. 

Daddy stop our eye contact and stared at Lucas. Everyone can feel their power behind their glare towards each other.

Daddy finally spoke, “I wonder how a child can have the courage to speak like that to the emperor.” 

“People did say I’m unique. But what I did say was the truth, I’m the only person who can heal your daughter. I won’t heal her if you hurt them.” 

Lucas… 

“... Lock them up in the dungeons. They will leave when Athanasia wakes up and she will decide what to do with them. Heal her. The faster you heal her, the faster they leave the dungeons.” 

Lucas was about to start an argument again, but Aster stops him before saying anything that can change daddy’s mind. “Lucas, heal her, please. We’ll be okay. You’ll save us like you always do, even if we don’t want you to. We will be okay, and we will survive this.” Aster smiled at him.

“Yeah! Your the best and awesome Magician there is. I know you’ll heal her and save us. After all your the best.” I also smiled at him. 

Daddy watches our interaction. He came up towards us and patted our heads? Why did he… 

He left and signaled off the knights to take us towards the dungeons. Before the knights took us, Lucas came forwards and gave us a group hug. He holds us tight and whispers, “Wait for me.” He let us go and watch as to how the knights take us away from the bedroom.