ᴍʀ ᴛᴇᴄʜɪᴇ

A hot summer morning in the sizzling Chennai city. The whole town was sleeping peacefully as it was a holiday. Our hero Raghav is not an exception to the rule. 

He had dozed off only at 3 AM so 12 PM would be the apt time for waking up. Switching off the alarm that was disturbing his sweet slumber, he turned to the other side and continued his sleep.

Once again he heard his phone ringing. But this time it was not the alarm but a call. Sighing loudly he took his mobile in his hand.

Already there were five missed calls from the same number which he had dismissed purposefully. When it rang for the sixth time , he lost his patience and attended it irritatingly. 

"What the hell do you want, idiot? Can't you understand that I'm busy and that's why I'm declining your call? Don't call me again and get lost" he yelled in one breath and switched off his mobile.

He did not even let the other person speak a word or take in a breath. For him, his sleep was more important than anything else. 

After an hour the smell of hot idlis and sambar reached his nostrils tempting him to wake up and taste it. 

He lazily turned and tried to get up from the bed. His eyes landed at the photo frame which was kept on the right side table next to his bed. 

It was a photograph of him with his mother taken on the day of his graduation. He held it in his hands and kissed his mom's face over the frame. 

"Happada! Sir epdiyo ezhundutaru... Enaku oru vela micham iniku" (finally sir woke up.. one big task is saved for me) said his mother Shardha as she walked inside his room from the kitchen. 

"Good morning mummy" Raghav yawned as he wished his mom and walked towards her. 

"Sir it's good afternoon not good morning" she corrected him. 

"Whatever! It's afternoon for you but it's too early for me maa" he cheekily told her. 

"I don't know when you're going to reform. Go and take a bath! I've made your favorite idli and sambar" she went near the bed and started folding the blanket. 

"How about having a bed coffee, then a hot brunch , watching a happy movie and then taking a bath at night?" He winked at his mom. 

"If you stand here for another moment , I'll throw you out of my house. Lazy idiot! Go !" She yelled as she lost her temper. 

"You have very little patience ma.. . I was just playing with you and you lost your temper so soon?" 

"I'm not in the mood of arguing with you now. It's already late ! I'm hungry, so come soon let's have breakfast together." 

"You didn't have your breakfast yet? Maa it's 11 AM! " He asked her as he was shocked. 

"When did I have my breakfast without you? And I know to check the time, you need not teach me, okay?" She said and walked towards the window to pull up the curtains. 

"Hmph! If you show at least half the amount of care that you're showing for me , for your health, I'll be happy!" He says pissed off. 

"When you are here to care for me, why should I care for myself? " She said and went to the kitchen to continue her chores. 

Raghav smiled at the unconditional love and trust that his mother has on him. He was so blessed to get such an understanding mother. 

He did not want to make her wait anymore, so he went to take his shower. 

After taking bath he wore the t-shirt and track pants that his mom had kept for him readily. 

He roughly combed his hair and went to have breakfast. 

"Now you're looking like a good boy! " She said as she ruffled his hair lovingly. 

"Oh no! I forgot to put my phone on charge. I'll plug it in and come back ma." He told and rushed towards the room.

When he came back, breakfast was already served on the plates and his mom was waiting for him. 

"I woke up, had a bath and got ready. Even now you are waiting for me na? Can't you start eating maa?" 

"I'm habitual to this da , you can't change it by one day." She said as she fed him the first piece of idly to Raghav. 

Raghav did not have patience to argue more as he was so tempted to eat. They both started eating in silence. 

Raghav finished his plate first as he was so hungry and his mom had also prepared his favorite breakfast.

"Raghav , I forgot to tell you! Vicky had called me sometime back" Sharadha informed him. 

"Why did he call you?" 

"Because you had greeted him with some sweet honey coated words when he called you. That's why sir had called me" his mom chuckled. 

"Did you know when he called me? I was in a deep sleep and he disturbed it" Raghav added. 

"He knows about you da. He had wanted to talk about something important that's why he called you. Why would he voluntarily get into a conflict with you?" 

"Haan... But what's so important on a Sunday morning? " Raghav asked as he started thinking why Vicky had called him. 

"Your Team lead had asked you to forward some mail itseems on Friday. But you haven't sent it. So he called me to remind you about it" his mom informed him. 

"Oh yea! How did I forget about it! I'll send it now itself maa " 

Raghav took his laptop and started opening the documents to be attached. 

"Vicky also complained to me that you're loading him with all your work , and getting credit from your Team lead" his mom told what Vicky had said to her. 

"That idiot! Why is he complaining about me to you?" He asked as he felt a little jealous as his friend had become closer to his mother. 

"You think I'll agree to whatever he says? I know about you da! How hardworking you are and he's telling you that he is the one working for you. I argued with him that you're sacrificing your sleep and working day and night for this project" Sharadha told how she argued with Vicky..

"Good mummy!! '' Raghav felt happy as his mom supported him and fought with his best friend. 

"You know what else he said?" 

"What else now?" He asked with a frown. 

"He said that you are chatting with your girlfriend throughout the night and acting as if you are doing office work it seems" she added. 

"What the hell!!" Raghav shouted. 

"You don't worry da kanna. I know about you and how honest you are to me. So don't think about that! You send that mail to your TL first. " She smiled and told him.

"Okay maa.. I'll send this mail and handle that idiot". Raghav said with an evil smirk..

"Maaa" Raghav called her again as she walked towards the kitchen. She stopped and turned towards him.

"Did you start preparing for lunch?" He asked her.

"Just now we had breakfast and how can you expect me to cook lunch? " She said with a small smile.

"It's been so long since we both went out for lunch na?" He asked with a smile. 

"Yes pa, even I was thinking about it for a while. If you are free, shall we go out for lunch and buy some groceries?" 

"Sure maa.. you just check what is needed and I'll complete my work and get ready" Raghav promised her. 

"Okay pa" Sharadha smiled and went inside the kitchen to prepare the list.

To Be Continued.