ᴍꜱ ᴍᴇᴅɪᴄᴏ

San Francisco 4 PM

The evening flowers had started blooming spreading the sweet smell throughout the town.

Nithya, was excitedly walking towards her house from her university. She had completed her mock tests and heading towards her home.

She is doing her final year medicine in San Francisco. Her native is Chennai, but her passion was to pursue medicine in US. Luckily her parents also agreed to her wish and shifted along with her.

It's been 4 years since they came to US and got settled there. Initially it was quite difficult for her parents to get adapted to the changes in climate, time and culture but they chose to accept everything for Nithya's sake. They were happy to stay with their daughter and see her growing towards her passion.

Nithya enthusiastically rang the doorbell bell as she was very happy!

Her father Subash opened the door and smiled at Nithya.

"Good evening paa" she said with her signature smile and hugged her father.

He was not surprised as he knew that she would be very happy and excited as her exams got over.

He hugged her back and said "Good evening baby girl! Hope you had a wonderful day."

"Yes yes!! I have lots and lots of things to share with you and Amma. Where is Amma?" She asked him and started walking inside the house. She found her mom preparing something in the kitchen.

Nithya sighs and walks towards her mom and hugs her.

"You want me to welcome you with Aarti at the entrance itself huh?" Her mother Tharani hit Nithya's head slightly.

"Maa... Come and sit there" Nithya whined like a baby.

"Give me five minutes Nithya, I'll come there. " Her mom replied while preparing coffee.

"I've told you both that when I enter home, you should make yourself free and listen to me na?" Nithya complained to her mom.

"I'm making coffee for us Nithya. Just wait for few minutes na, I'll come " her mom told and pushed her out of the kitchen.

"So, how did you do your tests da?" Her dad asked as she got settled in the sofa next to him.

"I did well paa. Two questions were quite tricky but I tried to answer it correctly" she replied.

"You a genius da!" her dad said happily and caressed her hair.

"Yes paa! I'm genius like you, not like amma." Nithya told with a chuckle and earned a deadly glare from her mom.

"Are you threatening my daughter Tharani?" Subash came forward to supporting his darling daughter.

"Aaha! As if you will let me to threaten her. " her mom replied.

"Okay! Now stop your arguments and listen to me." Nithya ordered as she pulled her mom and made her sit besides her.

"Tell me what all happened today " her mom asked her curiously.

"After I left home in the morning, I met my bestie Agnes near the university. We both did our final revisions for the mock test and headed towards the exam hall. Mom, I've told you na, I have a sentimental place which is very lucky to me and whenever I wrote my exams there I'll score high marks? Today I was allotted that place! I was so happy after knowing that. The paper was bit difficult but I managed to attend all the questions. And I submitted my project to my Deen too. Now I can rest and relax for the next two weeks without any stress! " Nithya recited everything that happened in one single breath to her parents. That's her regular routine to share her days happenings to them.

This habit had started in her schooling and continued till now. She felt relieved after telling everything to them and took a deep breath.

"Good good! So what plans next?" Her dad asked her as he took his coffee.

"What plans paa?" Nithya asked him as she was not able to understand what he was talking about.

"You have two weeks holiday na, so you might have planned something to spend your vacation right?" He explained.

"No paa... I didn't plan anything as of now. I'm already exhausted as I've been preparing day and night for my exams. Because of that I could not spend time with you both too.. so I'm not going anywhere this time. I'm staying with you both and torture you guys " she says giggling.

"Thank God you did not say that you're going somewhere. Even I was about to ask you to stay home and take rest" her mom adviced.

"Yeah maa" Nithya said and they heard the sound of door bell. She volunteered to open the door and saw a delivery boy standing there with a box in his hand. The box was labeled with her father's name and she received it.

Not knowing what was inside it, Nithya opened it curiously and found her favourite donuts. She took the box and ran to her parents who were smiling at her.

"Thank you sooo much paa!! It's been so long since I had donuts" Nithya jumped in joy.

"Ahem! It was me who asked your dad to order donuts as you are completing your exam today. All love only to your dad?" Her mom said with a fake sadness.

Nithya kissed her mom's cheeks and said "I love you the most and you know that. Still you want to iritate Appa na?"

"Deiii" her mom warned her playfully.

"Come let's have these donuts" Subash said as he unwrapped the box and took out the donuts.

"You said you are not going out la, what are you gonna do then? Please don't say that you're gonna learn cooking and make a mess in my kitchen" Tharani warned Nithya and went inside.

Nithya looked at her father with puppy eyes, expecting him to support her. But he just shrugged off and turned on the TV. The previous time, during mother's day, Nithya planned to surprise her mother by baking a cake either her dad and ended up spoiling the kitchen. At the end of the day, her mom was the one who cleaned the kitchen. Her mother was very clear not to let her inside  once again.

Sighing, Nithya grabbed her bag and walked towards her room, thinking what to do next.

To Be Continued.

Next chapter : Gun Point