ɢᴜɴ ᴘᴏɪɴᴛ

Nithya went inside her room and got settled on her bed with headphones, iPad, blanket and some snacks next to her.

She was planning to binge watch or read something as a Kickstarter for her vacation. She informed her mom and dad not to disturb her atleast for 3 hours, as she had been studying day and night for the past week and need a break from all that.

She took out a coin from her pocket and tossed it. If it showed heads, she thought of reading a story and if it turned tails, watch a movie or series. That was her plan for the day.

Nithya tossed the coin and it turned out to be heads. She decided to read something now, but was confused on what to read. She browsed the app for some good thriller books to read. One of them was a book titled "Gun point", written by an author who's username was "techie-writes". She instantly liked the title of the book as well as the username as it was little catchy and similar to her username "the_mad_medico"

Having read the title, she knew it would be a thriller story, with some twits and turns. Being a fan of thriller and mystery stories, she was very eager to read the book, and know what's on the store for her.

She read the prologue which stated that the story was about a serial killer and an innocent victim, who went and fell into the trap of the killer. Nithya found it very interesting and started reading the book enthusiastically.

The book contained 50 parts, and she planned to read 20 parts on that day and the rest later. But when she started reading it, she felt herself trapped inside the book and got hooked up with the multiple mysteries, penned by the author.

Two hours passed by, and Nithya was still reading the book, totally immersed in it. Her mom came and called her for dinner but she refused to have, as she was reading the part which had been unfolding all the mysteries.

She was on an urge to complete the book as soon as possible. While she came to the last part, she was so curious to know how the story was going to end and what twist the author has kept in it.

And finally the story ended with yet another twist that will be revealed in the sequel of the story which is not yet published.

Sighing loudly, Nithya got up from the bed and walked towards the hall to talk to her parents.

"So finally madam has completed the book?" Tharani, Nithya's mom asked her sarcastically.

"Haan yes maa... But the story is not yet completed" Nithya replied.

"Enough for today da. You are already tired because of exams and now don't strain yourself by looking at the phone throughout the night" her dad told her out of concern.

"Even if I want to read, I can't read paa..the sequel is not yet published. So I have to wait for a couple of days to read it" she explained.

"Oh okay da. What kind of story is this?" Her dad asked her.

"A crime thriller! You should definitely read this paa. This is far better than the one you had suggested me that day." Nithya chuckled.

"So you're telling me that your choice is better than mine?"

"Of course dad! Mine is farrr better than yours" Nithya argued.

"You are spoiling her! Girls of her age are reading romance books and this girl is reading crime thrillers and you are also supporting her! " Tharani complained about Subash.

"Is this what you have to say maaa??? You should be happy that in not reading romances , falling in love with the heroes, dancing in the dream land and being different from others. But you are complaining it as a crime?" Nithya asked shocked.

"You are becoming weirder day by day Nithya! Try to behave normally according to your age" her mom adviced her.

" Maaa you're the one who is acting wired than other mother's. Not me okay?? Will any mother ask her daughter to read romance books?"

"If she keeps on reading thriller books and start eating her parents brains, yes, a mother will ask her daughter to read romances and get rid of those disgusting crime thrillers" Tharani said and started setting the table for dinner.

"Disgusting?? Read it once and then you'll know it's worth" Nithya argued.

Subhash was listening to this mom and daughter fights and silently laughed at it without getting caught.

As her mother had went inside the kitchen, Subash slowly started whispering "is that book so good?"

"Yes" Nithya replied. "You should definitely read it pa" she added.

"Share the link to me, I'll read it tonight" he said silently.

"Mom won't allow you to read at night paa as your eyes will get strained.. better you go to office and read tomorrow!" Nithya suggested him.

"Yeah that's a better idea. Will do that!" Subash said and they both shared a hi-fi.

"What's cooking there?" Tharani peeped from the kitchen.

"When you are in kitchen, what are we gonna cook here maa?" Nithya grinned.

Tharani hit her head with her hand and continued her work.

They had dinner happily, and went to their rooms to sleep.

But sleep was far away from Nithya's eyes. Her mind was completely evolving around the book "Gun point". She is an avid reader and has read lot of books. This book had an Indian touch, which she had missed in the previous ones she had read. All other books were American authors and this stood different from those.

She took out her iPad from the table and started to read the book again, as she was not able to get rid of it.

Nithya did not know when she dozed off to sleep, her iPad was lying next to her and she had slept in the same position.

When she woke up, it was 8 AM in the morning. As she was on leave, her parents didn't bother to waker her up early. She cleared her place and went to take a warm shower.

Her mother had kept her breakfast ready. Nithya ran to the dining hall as she was very hungry and filled her tummy with the delicious food.

She came back to her room and found a notification popped up on her iPad. It was from the author about the sequel of the book that she had read previous night.

"Get ready folks! The sequel of Gun Point is coming soon. Stay thrilled".

To be continued.
Next chapter : I trust you.