ꜱᴜʀᴘʀɪꜱᴇ

Two weeks had passed since Sharadha maa's operation got over. She got discharged from hospital and was in complete rest at home. Raghav, who was already doing work from home took leave to take care of his mother.

He learnt cooking from her and stopped her from going to kitchen. They both had lunch and we're watching tv, while Yazhini called Raghav.

"Hello Yazhini!" Raghav smiled as he attended the call.

"Hi Anna! How are you? How is athai?" she enquired

"We both are fine da! How are you?"

"I'm doing good anna! Are you free now?"

"Yes da. Why?"

"Actually I came for shopping with Aravind. So I thought of coming there and meeting you both"

"Shopping with Aravind? Hmm hmm enjoy." He teased her.

"Annnaaa" she whined like a baby.

"When are you coming here?"

"In half an hour na, we've almost completed our shopping. Just billing is pending anna"

"Okay da, welcome home."

"Haan anna, I'll come there and meet you! Bye". Yazhini ended the call and continued her shopping.

Raghav informed his mother about Yazhini's quick visit, and that news brought a big smile on her face.

After a while Yazhini and Aravind reached there. Raghav welcomed them in, but Sharadha stopped them at the door itself.

"What happened maa? Why are you stopping them?" Raghav asked her in shock.

"Have you lost your mind? For the first time they are coming here as a couple and you want to let them in just like that?" Sharadha scolded him.

Raghav scratches his neck not understanding what she was trying to say. Even Aravind and Yazhini were confused.

"Being her athai, I should take aarthi and welcome her in da!" She told him and brought a plate with aarthi there.

"But, we should do all that after marriage only right?" Raghav asked her.

"Can't you see the glow in their faces? Do you need any other evidence that they aren't happy with eachother?" she questioned him back.

Yazhini and Aravind started blushing on hearing her words. Yazhini closed her face with her hands while Aravind turned away blushing.

"Don't ask another question now! Light this camphor. " Sharadha ordered Raghav, and he did the same.

She took aarthi and blessed them.

"Hi maa, how are you?" Aravind asked her politely.

"I'm fine pa, but very bored in replying the same question 'how are you' again again" Sharadha replied with a sigh which made the other three laugh.

"What to do athai? Just now you've comeback from a big danger na" Yazhini told her.

"That I agree, but each and everyone are asking me the same question. I'm fit and healthy now! Still your brother is treating me like a patient and not even letting me inside the kitchen" she complained.

"I'm doing it because I want you to get even more better. But you're complaining like I've locked you up with the chair?" Raghav argued.

"Oh that's also in your mind? Then do it now itself! " Sharadha told him as she forwarded her hands.

Aravind was surprised by the way in which Raghav and his mom behaved.  They were behaving like two small kids fighting and complaining with eachother. Yazhini noticed Aravind and slowly whispered "they both are like this only. No one will beleive that she is his mom. Because all the time, anna will be bossing her".

"But they're cute na" Aravind told her.

"Yes! My cuties. Whenever I get upset, I'll just come here. After five minutes, I myself will forget the reason why I was upset earlier." Yazhini told him.

"I can imagine that." He replied smiling at them.

"What would you like to have Aravind?" Raghav asked him.

"We just had lunch Raghav, so I don't want anything now." Aravind replied.

"When you are coming here, then why did you have lunch from out?" Sharadha asked in disappointment.

"I don't want to risk our lives by eating the food cooked by anna. That's why we had from out." Saying this Yazhini winked at Raghav.

"How dare you to say that my son's cooking is not good? Do you know how well he cooks? He should have been a chef" Sharadha supported Raghav.

"See, I told you right Aravind? These two are like this only. They both will fight, but if anyone says something against them, they will become one team." Yazhini told Aravind.

"Hahaha true true. " Aravind replied.

"So why sudden shopping?" Raghav asked Yazhini.

"What? You forgot na? Next Friday is our engagement. We have to wind up our last minute purchases atleast by tomorrow right? That's why. " Yazhini told him

"Oh sorry da, after Amma's health issues, I am not able to concentrate on other things." Raghav apologized to her.

"It's okay Raghav! I personally wanted to invite you both, that's why we came here today " Aravind told them with a smile but Yazhini looked at Raghav and Sharadha worriedly.

"That's very sweet of you pa! " Sharadha smiled at him.

"I want you both to come there in the afternoon itself. Yazhini was very worried as you both couldn't join her in shopping. Atleast for the engagement, please come earlier ma" Aravind requested sweetly.

Raghav and Sharadha looked at eachother.

"Sure Aravind we will come." Sharadha replied with a smile. But Yazhini knew that she is lying. She did not react to it and just plastered a smile on her face.

They four talked for sometime. Yazhini and Aravind left home in the evening.

✪✪✪✪✪✪

Nithya was happily walking back home. Her face was shining bright, because her final exams had got over just an hour back. She had put her heart and soul and studied hard. Now all her efforts are going to be paid off!

More than the completion of her exams, there was another reason why she was happy ! It's because, they are coming back to India in a week.

Once her exam dates were announced, they had booked their tickets to fly back to India. After four long years,they three are moving back. Leaving US was little sad for them but the feel of coming back to home was million times greater than the sadness.

As usual, Nithya narrated her whole day's routine to her mom and dad. As she was completely drained, she went to her room to sleep for sometime.

But before sleeping, she posted a status on her whatsapp.

Finally exams got over. Can't wait to go back to Chennai ❤️

She started sleeping due to tiredness. After two hours, she woke up and got refreshed. When she took out her mobile, there were lots of messages wishing them a happy journey.

One of those messages was from Raghav too.

His message was

Chennai ungalai anbudan varaverkiradhu 🥳

(Chennai heartily welcomes you).

To be continued.