ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀꜱᴛ

After Raghav's birthday, his bond with Nithya grew stronger. They both started talking over phone more often, and they even used to go for night walks.

Yazhini's family had gone shopping for her wedding. She had asked Raghav and Sharadha to join them, but Raghav had an important meeting to attend that day, so he did not want to leave his mother alone as it would lead to unnecessary problems.

Aravind's family also joined them and they were selecting the wedding saree for Yazhini. After the saree was finalised, she sent a picture of it and sent it to Raghav.

"To whom are you sending this picture, Yazhini?" Yazhini's uncle asked her.

"I'm sending this to Athai and Anna." She replied casually.

"Are they here in Chennai? I saw Raghav in your engagement.." he added.

"Yes peripa (uncle), they settled here almost three years ago. Didn't you know that?"

"Oh, for three years you have been hiding about them right?"

"Peripa, we never hide anything from you. At Least now, can't you let them live happily?" 

"She and her ego.. can't she attend her only niece's engagement? Then what respect does she give to her elder brother and your in-laws?" He asked her angrily.

"She is not egoistic. You people are only egoistic and never let her do what she wants to do. Now that you are asking me these many questions, I'll ask you one single question. When she was in trouble, why did you ignore her? I know that appa and thatha were at fault. But how could you behave like a stranger? You are also her cousin right? What happiness you got on seeing her suffering?" Yazhini shouted, gaining everyone's attention.

Aravind went near her to console. He took her away and gave her water.

"Do you think that he would reform if you shouted?" Aravind asked her as she calmed down.

Yazhini did not have a reply for his question.

"It is your dad, who has to set everything right and convince Sharadha maa. Even Raghav couldn't do this. But only your dad is responsible for this, Yazhini." He told her firmly.

"I'll talk to appa, Aravind." Yazhini replied thoughtfully.

"Just ask him to apologize for everything. That is enough. Sharadha aunty is a sweetheart. I'm surprised that she had been angry at your dad for all these years. Better late than never, I hope she accepts his apology and attends our wedding." Aravind told Yazhini and she hugged him. 

"Thank you Aravind." She told him.

"Even they are my family, Yazhini."

Aravind and Yazhini joined their family and went home.

  Nithya had joined in a reputed hospital in Chennai. She was getting adapted to the schedule and managing her time between home and hospital. At night, she would go for a walk, and hear some old songs to enhance her mood. She stopped on her way, when she saw Raghav sitting there silently.

If he was also coming for a walk, he would usually inform her. But today, he did not tell her anything about it. She went near him and stood beside, but he did not notice her.
She tapped his shoulder and brought his attention.

"Hey Nithya! When did you come?" Raghav asked her.

"Just now. You were thinking about something so deeply, that's why you didn't notice me. "

"Ah nothing like that."

"Then? Were you talking to the moon? Then continue your romantic chats, I'll come later." Nithya told and she turned to leave, but he held her hand and stopped her.