Chapter 6: Cinderella

As the head of the family, Tang Yuanfeng thought that if he mentioned this matter, Tang Xiaoxiao would be so ashamed and angry that she would want to commit suicide. If not, she would at least be ashamed and speechless.

It was a pity. Once again, Tang Zheng fought to hold down the familiar feelings of disappointment and resentment. This Tang Xiaoxiao, who was standing there, was still as arrogant as a queen, and it seemed that he could only look up to this arrogance and superiority his whole life!

He hated it!

He really hated it!

He hated this feeling!

Why was this girl the most favored one! Why could she be loved by the whole family?

Why did she live in such a good family all her life since she was born? Why was she the one who was destined to be more noble than others from the very beginning? Why was she so fierce and domineering that she did not even care about the most basic politeness and shame! Why must the gentle Xiaorou live so carefully under her shadow, to the point she did not dare to speak too much, nor did she dare to be affectionate and close with their father… Xiaorou, who was so gentle it made people feel pity…

“Tang Zheng, are you an idiot?” Tang Xiaoxiao narrowed her eyes and her lips quirkier up into a strange smile. She came up to Tang Zheng, grabbed his collar and stood on tiptoes to get close to him. “Don’t think that you can insult me and trample on my dignity because I have liked you once…”

“You…” Tang Zheng’s eyes widened and he looked at Tang Xiaoxiao in disbelief, as if he had never known this girl in front of him.

“Tsk, tsk. It’s strange. How could I have liked trash like you before? I must have been blind.” Tang Xiaoxiao stretched out her tongue and licked her petal-like red lips with indescribable charm. She stared fixedly at Tang Zheng. “Compared with Elder Brother Jingchen, you are just like the scraps on the underside of a beggar’s shoe…”

Tang Xiaoxiao’s charm at the moment had already made Tang Zheng be in a daze. However, the word ‘scraps’ pulled him back to reality. His eyes turned red and he waved his fist, clenching his teeth as he raged, “Tang Xiaoxiao! Don’t think that I won’t dare to hit you because you’re Dad’s daughter!”

“Oh…” Tang Xiaoxiao smiled. She was not afraid of Tang Zheng’s threat and there was a bone-chilling coldness in her words. “I’m warning you, Tang Zheng. If you dare to lay a finger on me, I will definitely have your little beauty Tang Rou die miserably, very miserably. Mark my words, I will do what I say!”

Tang Rou was his Achilles heel and he could not help but glare at Tang Xiaoxiao with a ferocious expression. “If you dare to lay a finger on Xiaorou, I’ll kill you, Tang Xiaoxiao!”

“Tsk, tsk. Is that so? Let’s wait and see.” Tang Xiaoxiao smiled and turned her back to Tang Zheng, saying, “As long as you behave yourself, you are still my Brother Zheng and Tang Rou is still my little sister. However, if you are defiant, then you should know the consequences.”

Silence…

There was a dead silence.

Tang Zheng was silent for a long time before he finally raised his head slowly, and chose to compromise for the girl he loved. “Remember your promise, Tang Xiaoxiao. You’re not to touch Xiaorou!”

Tang Xiaoxiao sneered. “If she doesn’t play any tricks on me, I won’t be in the mood to play with her. Oh, by the way, let me give you a tip, my ‘dear’ Brother Zheng, perhaps you should check the internet to see the difference in the appearance of a virgin and one who is not. I believe you will gain something from it.”

Tang Zheng’s face turned red. “Tang Xiaoxiao, are you a girl? Don’t you have any sense of shame? This kind of thing…”

Tang Xiaoxiao pouted. “Tang Zheng, I’m just giving you a suggestion. If you want to be treated like an idiot willingly, I won’t interfere.”

With a derisive snort, Tang Zheng left the room in a huff.

As Tang Xiaoxiao watched Tang Zheng’s retreating back, the smile on her lips became colder. Idiot! Compared with Tang Rou and Cao Shuting, Tang Zheng was too green. He was not even aware that he was being used.

As for Tang Rou… Would I let her off?

If she was reincarnated to be an animal in her next life, I would no longer pursue this!

When it was eleven in the evening, a soft knock sounded on the door. After hearing Xiaoxiao’s response, the door was pushed open and Tang Jingchen’s voice sounded at the door, a hint of reproach and concern in his voice that was akin to the gentle breeze in spring.

“Xiaoxiao, why aren’t you asleep yet?”

Hearing Tang Jingchen’s voice, Xiaoxiao immediately closed the laptop in front of her and turned her head around to greet him with a bright and charming smile on her face. “Brother.”

In his arms, Tang Jingchen was holding a tray. Dressed in a set of dark grey loungewear, there was a touch of cordiality that made people’s hearts flutter in the face of his handsomeness and elegance. The smile on his face was as comfortable as the spring breeze that blew past one’s heart. The most thoughtful thing was that there was a cup of warm milk, a plate of steak, and a set of fruit salad on the tray in his hands.

After putting the tray on the table, Tang Jingchen rubbed Xiaoxiao’s head fondly and handed the cup of milk to Xiaoxiao. “It’s already so late, why aren’t you asleep? It’s been a long day today. You have just been discharged and need more rest. I made you supper, go to bed after eating.”

Holding the cup of warm milk, Xiaoxiao’s heart seemed to warm up as well.

“I’m not sleepy, Brother.” Tang Xiaoxiao turned her head and said, “I just want to get back to normal life as soon as possible. I don’t want to be like a fool, not knowing anything.”

Tang Jingchen sighed softly. “Xiaoxiao, after this accident, you’ve changed a lot. You think a lot now. You didn’t care about these at all before, as long as you lived happily.”

An unreadable expression flashed past Tang Xiaoxiao’s eyes and she said thoughtfully, “Brother, in the end… Everyone… has to learn to grow up, right?”

“Mm, our Xiaoxiao has finally grown up.” Tang Jingchen smiled and suddenly took out a dark purple cell phone from his pocket like a magic trick. The dark purple light was as bright as the stars in the sky, and there was a unique dignity and grace in that dark purple shade.

“Ah! What a beautiful cell phone!” Tang Xiaoxiao’s eyes lit up and she could not help exclaiming.

“It’s for you. Your cell phone was damaged in the car accident, but the memory card and SIM card were not damaged. I prepared a customized cell phone for you just before I came back from the United States. It seems it’s come in handy.”

“Thank you, Brother!” Tang Xiaoxiao quickly took it and could not help smiling charmingly at Tang Jingchen.

..

The next morning, an unfamiliar cell phone ringtone rang from the beside before Tang Xiaoxiao had woken up from her sleep. She picked up the cell phone groggily and answered it. A shrill voice sounded from the other end of the line. “Tang Xiaoxiao, you big liar! Didn’t you say you’d accompany me to the set? I haven’t been able to find you for the last few days!”

Set?

Tang Xiaoxiao forced her mind to wake up from her grogginess. She suddenly realized that she had read in the diary last night about a girl called Yang Shan. She should have been an ordinary university student from a well-off family. Her father was a civil servant and her mother ran a fast-food restaurant. She was quite pure and beautiful, but in the art university with countless beautiful women, she was at most the beautiful and humble type and was not that breathtaking.