Chapter 7: Determination (1)

However, everything that happened seemed to be like a fairy tale. In an audition held on campus, Yang Shan caught the eye of Cao Hao, a famous young director. Cinderella, who had a peaceful life, became the female lead of a film that attracted the attention of the public. Yang Shan broke up with her boyfriend, and after half a year of acting training, she finally set foot on the journey of filming her first film.

In accordance with the treatment of ordinary actors, Yang Shan should bring an assistant along with her. As her parents were busy with their work and were not that willing to let her step into the entertainment industry, Yang Shan had no choice but to ask Tang Xiaoxiao, her good friend at the university, to go with her. It was fortuitous since recently, they were preparing to go to the film studio in Le Yang anyway.

However, with the proud and domineering nature of the original Tang Xiaoxiao, how could she be a manager and assistant? This time, she was willing to accompany Yang Shan because she had an ulterior motive. She wanted to get involved in the entertainment industry that her beloved Tang Zheng was in.

Tang Zheng, who had a handsome and sunny appearance, was not only the young master of a rich family but also a popular contestant of a talent show. In fact, he had already signed on to a record company affiliated with Shengshi Entertainment.

For Tang Zheng, that dead Tang Xiaoxiao was pathetic. To think she was willing to give up the status of a young lady and be like an ordinary girl to serve the artists. She had done all she could, racking her brains to get into the entertainment industry and was even willing to start from being an assistant just to get closer to him.

But no matter what she did, he only felt she was more despicable than ever.

After hanging up the phone, Tang Xiaoxiao let out a heavy breath and rubbed her nose bridge as she felt a headache. That Tang Xiaoxiao who had died, why must your world revolve around Tang Zheng? You loved him deeply, but he cast you aside like an old shoe…

Did being loved or not matter so much in your life?

Le Yang Airport.

Tang Xiaoxiao had just gotten off the plane and taken her suitcase. She stood at the entrance of the airport with a dazed expression as she looked around. According to their agreement, Yang Shan would come to pick her up today and they would go together to the filming studio. The past few days, she had been getting familiar with the crew, practicing her acting and it was inconvenient for her to not have anyone she knew beside her, so it was no wonder she would pester Tang Xiaoxiao.

Just when she was looking around, a slightly excited voice rang out from nearby. “Xiaoxiao, Xiaoxiao! I’m here!”

Tang Xiaoxiao turned around and saw a girl in a coat and sunglasses waving to her not far away. Behind the girl was a young man, and as she waved, she rushed forward and gave Tang Xiaoxiao a big hug. “Yeah! Xiaoxiao, you’re finally here. There’s no one to accompany me here and I’ve been bored to death!”

As she said this, the girl took off her sunglasses and spun around on the spot in front of Tang Xiaoxiao happily and said with a triumphant smile, “What do you think? Xiaoxiao, do I look like a star?”

“Of course!” Tang Xiaoxiao looked at Yang Shan carefully and gave a perfunctory reply.

This was a very pure-looking girl, with a pair of big eyes that were filled with a sense of curiosity, her round eyes were moving around and looked very lively. Her skin was like creamy ivory and under her high nose bridge was a pair of lips with a sunshine-like smile on them. Her shoulder-length hair was dyed wine red and was tied back in a fresh Korean style hairstyle. Today she was wearing a coat matched with a pair of high heels. She was obviously pure and green, but tried to look mature and seemed slightly out of place.

Tang Xiaoxiao’s first thought was that a girl who was popular should have a pure style.

“Of course!” Then Yang Shan embraced Ye Yuxin affectionately. “Xiaoxiao, sorry to trouble you this time! My dad is so busy and doesn’t have time to accompany me. My mom doesn’t want me to be a star, so I have to ask you to take leave together and work as my assistant in the production team. Hehe.”

Tang Xiaoxiao wanted to shake Yang Shan off but hesitated for a moment. When she remembered that she had to be the real Tang Xiaoxiao, she stopped her action and said with a smile, “It’s okay. I wanted to slip out to play as well. We’re friends! When you get famous, don’t forget this temporary manager and assistant!”

“You don’t have to be an assistant!” Yang Shan waved her hand and pointed to the young man behind her. “His name is Zhao Le, and he is the assistant assigned to me by the production crew. So, you can concentrate on being my manager!”

Seeing Yang Shan’s innocent appearance, Tang Xiaoxiao shook her head helplessly and warned her, “Shanshan, you’re already an artist. You should look at yourself as a professional artist and pay attention to your image.”

Yang Shan stuck out her tongue. “I’m just too excited to see you!”

“Oh, by the way.” Yang Shan finally thought of her assistant. “Let me introduce you. This is my assistant Zhao Le.”

Tang Xiaoxiao gave a professional smile and stretched out her hand. “Hello, Zhao Le. Please take care of our Shanshan, I hope you won’t blame Shanshan if she’s a little stubborn.”

Zhao Le was a little stunned. When he learned that this beauty was Yang Shan’s best friend and fair-weather friend, Tang Xiaoxiao, her breathtaking charm made him pause for a moment. Then he smiled, glancing at Tang Xiaoxiao’s outstretched hand and deliberately nodded.

“Hello, I’m Yang Shan’s assistant, Zhao Le. Miss Tang, you’re too polite. Our Shanshan is not a stubborn person.”

It was a social courtesy for a man to not refuse when a woman reached out her hand for a handshake because it represented a kind of respect and politeness to women. On the contrary, if it was the same handshake etiquette, it was rude for a man to extend his hand first for a handshake. Even if a man wanted to shake hands to express politeness, the woman could only nod her head to acknowledge it.

Tang Xiaoxiao’s expression flickered slightly seeing Zhao Le doing that, and she drew back her hand. “Our Shanshan?”

Tsk, tsk. There was some meaning behind this form of address.

After all, Yang Shan was still a university student. She was obviously still a little green about the social etiquette of handshakes. She did not see the confrontation between Zhao Le and Tang Xiaoxiao and said with a smile, “Zhao Le, you’re not tactful at all. Do you know how many boys in our school want to hold our Xiaoxiao’s hand!”

Zhao Le pretended to be shy and smiled.

Seeing this, Tang Xiaoxiao laughed helplessly in her heart. It seemed that not only was Yang Shan a hothead, but Zhao Le was one too. He was a little clever but did not have the matching shrewdness. A real experienced assistant should be handling everything and be resourceful when coming to the airport to pick someone up, unlike this person in front, who only cared about pleasing Yang Shan and embarrassing Tang Xiaoxiao.

When they were leaving the airport, Zhao Le took the coat that Yang Shan had taken off. He hesitated for a moment but pretended not to see the suitcase in Tang Xiaoxiao’s hand. Although he was a young man and they were both women, it was a little heavy for him to drag a suitcase around…