Chapter 22: Slap (1)

Tang Xiaoxiao shook her head, as she said with some truths, “At first, I was able to help her, but she rejected my help because my identity couldn’t be exposed for the time being… We’d already planned to invite you over and for me to help her start to build our empire after this fiasco ended. However, I never thought that she wasn’t able to see this day come to fruition…”

Old Antony bowed his head slightly as he remained quiet.

“Old Antony, I’m her best friend and of course, in order to keep a secret, you didn’t know about my existence. However, she told me everything about what happened between the two of you before, including you leaving Doni Cola, your daughter’s passing, your promise to her, and the miracle you talked about. Do you need me to tell you every detail I know?”

With that said, Tang Xiaoxiao picked up a cup from the coffee table and smiled with a raised eyebrow. “I heard from Ye Yuxin that your daughter liked these types of coffee cups, printed with a teddy bear design.”

The guardedness in Old Antony’s eyes slowly dissipated and he finally chuckled out loud. He waved his hand. “N-No, there’s no need. Since you’re able to tell me these things, it shows how much Ye Yuxin trusted you. You have to know that Lisa was autistic and only my beloved Ye was able to approach her and know her so well. Even a spy sent by Doni Cola would definitely not know about this detail.”

Tang Xiaoxiao smiled faintly as she placed both her hands on her knees. “Alright then, Old Antony. I came to accomplish Ye Yuxin’s unfinished wishes and that recipe… is with me now. Would you be interested?”

“What?” Old Antony was completely shocked as a bright glint flashed in his eyes. “Are you saying that recipe…”

“Yes,” Tang Xiaoxiao stood up, looking confident and arrogant, “Old Antony, you can trust me like how you trusted Ye Yuxin. I can provide you support through capital and the recipe while I’ll place my trust in you to run the company. I’ll give you enough trust and support in return, but I want to see a new international beverage brand rise as a leader within the next two years!”

Old Antony took in a deep breath as he stood up with a small smile. Then he bowed slightly and placed a hand on his left breast, “As you wish, my dear Tang.”

Tang Xiaoxiao nodded, satisfied. “Do you have anyone to use right now? I want to establish everything properly as soon as possible. Also, I need you to help me perform a show in a few days.”

Old Antony snapped his fingers as he smiled confidently. “Don’t worry, dearest Tang. I’m afraid that is something that even Ye wasn’t aware of. I have four disciples and one of them is the head of North America’s most famous Kington Headhunting Company. They have enough talents there to help us establish and grow this business empire.”

“I’ll have to trouble you then. Here is a detailed business proposal that I’ve drafted, please take a look and see if there’s anything to change.” Tang Xiaoxiao took out a business proposal document from her bag and handed it over to Old Antony.

Old Antony flipped through it briefly before he shook his head while chuckling. “Dear Tang, I’ll have to admit that you definitely have some talent in business, but you’re still an amateur after all. I won’t change the corporation name, but I still have to redo everything else. For example, the chosen address for the company… what we want is a perfect tax-evading heaven. The places you chose aren’t really suitable and can only be our manufacturing address.”

Oh… Tang Xiaoxiao felt awkward.

“Oh right, what was about the performance you talked about earlier?” Old Antony suddenly asked.

Tang Xiaoxiao pursed her lips into a mischievous smile. “Old Antony, I have a red wine recipe too. I would like you to sell this recipe to China’s Tang Dynasty Liquors in your name to raise the funds needed for our business empire.”

“A red wine recipe?” Old Antony shrugged, “Dear Tang, your choice is correct. If we build a winery, the investment would be too huge while the short-term returns aren’t that great. But… why do you want to sell this recipe to China’s Tang Dynasty Liquors? Is it only because of your Chinese blood? The fact is that China’s Tang Dynasty Liquors isn’t very well-known internally, even with their status in China. I must admit that they are the giant in China’s domestic market.”

Tang Xiaoxiao sat back down on the sofa elegantly as she spread her hands out and giggled sinisterly, “Let me introduce myself. I am Tang Xiaoxiao. The owner of China’s Tang Dynasty Liquors, Mr Tang Yuanfeng, is my father.”

Psh! Old Antony almost spat out the coffee he was drinking onto Tang Xiaoxiao and he sputtered out in shock, “Oh, dear Tang, you are really a qualified businesswoman… You’re even ripping off your father!”

It was three days later when she returned back to China. The week she had spent overseas was really beneficial. At least, the business empire belonging to her already was in its preliminary stage while she had also lured a top manager, Old Antony, into it. The plan she had in her mind was slowly proceeding step by step.

When she arrived back in China, Tang Xiaoxiao didn’t return to the Yang family straight and brought Old Antony to the Tang Dynasty Liquors’ headquarters in Liyang City. As they stepped into the luxurious and beautiful lobby, she nodded at Old Antony before she glanced at the four reception ladies and said, “Hello, may I ask where the President’s office is?”

The reception ladies wearing their professional smiles asked politely, “Miss, may I ask if you have an appointment?”

F*ck, Father’s reputation was really something. She even needed an appointment to see him.

Tang Xiaoxiao pouted. “No.”

“In that case, I’m really sorry. Please come after you have an appointment.” The receptionist smiled politely, but the contempt hidden in her eyes was easily captured by Tang Xiaoxiao.

Old Antony only understood very basic Chinese and he clearly didn’t understand the conversation that had taken place. However, he could easily read the judgment in the receptionists’ gaze and he couldn’t help but be confused.

Having lost some face in front of Old Antony, Tang Xiaoxiao could only hide her awkwardness by coughing. She pouted on purpose, “Can’t I meet him without an appointment? His standing sure is astounding!”

Just as she was mumbling to herself, two familiar figures suddenly appeared at the entrance. The man was tall and handsome while the woman was alluring and gentle. When their eyes met, the love on their expressions was even more obvious. Their intimate gestures were natural and the way they chatted and laughed together really made them look like a golden couple. They walked straight towards the VIP elevator.

Seeing the two walk past them, all of the staff they passed stopped simultaneously as they bowed with envious gazes. “Hello, Young Master and Young Miss.”

“Mm,” both of them answered in unison before they realized what happened and they both looked at each other and burst out laughing.

“Look at the two of them. Their relationship is really good. They’re definitely the golden couple,” some staff discussed carefully by the side, “I heard that since they aren’t biological siblings, there’s no problem with them getting married.”

Meanwhile, Tang Xiaoxiao stood apart and estranged, although her eyes steeled with a frightening flint of iciness. Old Antony, who was standing behind her, was completely confused.

The actual Young Miss of the Tang family was stopped outside of the office building by the staff and couldn’t even meet her own father. Yet the young master and young miss the Tang family adopted became the real ones and was respected by the company’s staff and was even called the golden couple…