Chapter 19: Mrs Yang's Goal - A Rich Son-In-Law

The service staff seemed somewhat huffy as she glanced at the design of the outfit. Oh, it was an out-of-season design, one of the last remaining ones from two years ago. That was the reason why it was on a special discount too. She checked out Yang Shan’s figure before she went to the storeroom and found a suitable size. Then she said politely, “Miss, please try this on to see if it fits.”

When Tang Xiaoxiao returned, the mother and daughter were paying for their purchase. She simply glanced at the vague black bundle inside the bag, before she shook her head helplessly. This outfit really didn’t suit Yang Shan’s image. However, Mrs Yang had already seen her as a rival and nothing she said would persuade them otherwise.

“Auntie, Shanshan, please wait a while. I’ll be back as soon as I can from the washroom.” Tang Xiaoxiao smiled at the mother and daughter politely before she left.

“Psh, a lazy donkey passes a lot of urine indeed,” Mrs Yang mumbled.

Once she was out of the Yang mother and daughter’s sights, Tang Xiaoxiao approached the service staff and pointed at the aquamarine mini-gown she chose for Yang Shan earlier. She said helplessly, “Excuse me, please help me wrap up that outfit. As for the size… please follow that of the young lady that came with me earlier.”

The female service staff hummed in response and found a suitable size before she packed it and passed it to Tang Xiaoxiao. “Miss, please take this. This outfit costs twenty four thousand. Will you-”

“I’ll pay with my card.” Tang Xiaoxiao looked through her bag before she looked more carefully and found a VIP card for Dongmao Shopping Mall and passed it to the service staff. “This card is your mall’s shopping card, right? Please help me take a look to see if there’s any money in it. I’ve forgotten now. If there isn’t, I’ll swipe my credit card.”

When the female service staff saw that pure golden card, her expression instantly changed as her attitude turned extremely polite and respectful. She took the card with both hands. “I’m sorry, I really didn’t know you were our mall’s VIP. Please don’t be offended if we didn’t meet your service expectations.”

Tang Xiaoxiao was a little surprised as well, although her expression remained unchanged. She simply smiled faintly before she waved her hand. “It’s alright. No job is easy, so you don’t have to be too bothered about it.”

When the female service staff returned with the VIP card, following behind her was a handsome young man that was impeccably dressed. When he saw that the owner of the VIP card was actually Tang Xiaoxiao, he quietly tidied his appearance, before he approached Tang Xiaoxiao elegantly and wore a polite and gentlemanly smile. “When the service staff said a beautiful lady with a golden VIP card had come to shop at our mall, I was a little confused as to which young miss had come. Now that I came to take a look… it turns out to be our Little Princess Xiaoxiao.”

F*ck, he actually knew her! But she doesn’t know him…

Tang Xiaoxiao furrowed her eyebrows as if she had been put on the spot. “Sir, I’m sorry. I was involved in a car accident before and I can’t really remember many things anymore. You are…”

“Oh, I was being rude,” the young man wore an elegant smile. “I also heard of what happened back then. Let me introduce myself again. I am Liang Zhenxuan, the second son of the Liang Corporation and family. When I was young, I followed behind Brother Jingchen often.”

Tang Xiaoxiao nodded slightly. “Hello, Mr Liang.”

The young man smiled helplessly before he said with slight teasing, “Xiaoxiao, can you please call me Zhenxuan? Our families are close friends. If you address me like this, your father and Brother Jingchen will definitely think I’ve bullied you and it’ll be terrible for me then… It’s really miserable to be scolded by them.”

With the faint teasing, Tang Xiaoxiao couldn’t help but laugh. Her alluring appearance radiated brighter with her smile, catching everyone’s attention.

As he stared at Tang Xiaoxiao’s smile, Liang Zhenxuan froze. In that very second, it seemed his eyes had been blinded while his heart was smitten…

“President…” Seeing that Liang Zhenxuan had dazed out, the female service staff called out helplessly.

Liang Zhenxuan regained his senses with slightly red cheeks. In his daze, he remembered that Tang Xiaoxiao had just bought an outfit and handed her VIP card and shopping bag personally. He said to the chubby manager beside him, “It’s fine this time, but if Xiaoxiao comes and shops again next time, put all of her purchases on my tab.”

“Ah… There’s no need…” Tang Xiaoxiao was a little hesitant.

Liang Zhenxuan waved his hand generously as he chuckled, “Why are you still being polite with me? I know that Tang Dynasty Corporation is a large business and doesn’t lack money, while you, the Tang family’s little princess, never lacked the money to spend either. But this is also a small thought from me. Dongmao Shopping Mall and the Liang family doesn’t lack this money either.”

Hearing his words, Tang Xiaoxiao had no choice but to keep the outfit in her bag as she smiled softly at Liang Zhenxuan.

“Yo… and I was saying why you weren’t returning after so long. Turns out you were chatting here,” Mrs Yang and Yang Shan walked over with slight unhappiness on their faces. “We were waiting there for you but you ended up chatting with someone else. Isn’t that a little rude of you? Xiaoxiao ah, don’t blame Auntie for scolding you, but a girl needs to have some culture after all. If not, don’t think that just because you’re pretty, you don’t need to care about anyone else. If you’re like that, you might have some trouble finding a partner to get married.”

Tang Xiaoxiao was already a little immune to Mrs Yang’s strange attitude today. However, Liang Zhenxuan’s expression darkened a little as he glanced towards Tang Xiaoxiao with slightly surprised eyes. He pondered in his mind about how he had always heard that the Tang family’s little princess was simple-minded and willful. Yet, from the looks of today, she didn’t really match her rumored narrative since she was able to hold back in the face of such a rude provocation.

“This lady is really good at joking.” Even if Tang Xiaoxiao could hold back, Liang Zhenxuan, who was standing beside her, couldn’t just let this woman humiliate and shame Tang Xiaoxiao like this. He smiled softly, though the lines of his facial features were stiff. “How can Xiaoxiao not get married when she’s this pretty? If she wasn’t still focused on her studies, she’d definitely make countless men smitten with just a glance.”

His words definitely had a hidden meaning in them. Even though Tang Xiaoxiao appeared to be rather free, unfortunately, once she graduated from university, her life would not be this quiet again. Just her status as the Tang family’s little princess was probably enough for her suitors to fight desperately for her.

Back then, in order to let his daughter finish her university schooling without worries, Tang Yuanfeng had announced publicly that he forbade anyone from pursuing Tang Xiaoxiao before she graduated. If not, with Tang Xiaoxiao’s appearance, aura, and family background, she would have probably already broken down from being pursued crazily by countless rich young masters.

Mrs Yang checked out Liang Zhenxuan’s luxurious yet low-key outfit before her gaze landed on his wristwatch. Her eyes immediately lit up. The thought that he knew Tang Xiaoxiao never crossed his mind, as she merely treated the situation as a rich young master hitting on Tang Xiaoxiao. She crossed her arms unconsciously and pushed her daughter forward. “And who are you?”

Liang Zhenxuan didn’t even glance at Yang Shan, but his upbringing and position demanded that he reply politely. “I’m the Executive President of Dongmao Shopping Mall, Liang Zhenxuan. And you are…”

Tang Xiaoxiao silently cried about the back luck she found herself in, before she hurriedly eyed Liang Zhenxuan, as she explained, “Mr Liang, this is my university classmate, Yang Shan and this is Yang Shan’s mother. Thanks to Auntie Yang’s courtesy, I’m staying with the Yang family for these few days.”

It would have been impossible not to read the body language and signs Tang Xiaoxiao was sending him. Liang Zhenxuan took in the gaze and although he was a little confused, he still nodded