Chapter 12: Instigation

Tang Xiaoxiao gave a meaningful smile. “As long as I’m your manager, I will help you.”

It was a pity that the naive Yang Shan did not hear the unspoken meaning in her words. If I’m no longer your manager, I won’t care about you!

In fact, Tang Xiaoxiao had done a little hypnosis to Yang Shan when she was encouraging her. That year, in order to let one of her artists overcome the psychological trauma and make a successful debut, Ye Yuxin went to a reputed hypnosis professor of a famous medical university in the United States. She studied hypnosis for more than half a year and although she was not considered a hypnotist, she was also a little skilled. At least it would be no problem for her to deal with this kind of situation.

When the filming resumed, the scene where Yang Shan appeared was finally shot successfully. Tang Xiaoxiao had been watching her all the while and had to praise Director Cao. He really had a good eye. Among the beauties in the art academy, Yang Shan could only be considered a pretty girl from a humble family, far from being an outstanding beauty. But in this movie, after being dressed up by the makeup artist, she looked fresh and charming in an ivory white cheongsam and pearl necklace and was as beautiful as a white lily.

However, the trace of arrogance in Yang Shan’s eyes was getting more and more annoying…

“How beautiful.” Tang Xiaoxiao came forward with a smile, looked carefully at Yang Shan’s dressing as she held the latter’s hand. “Shanshan, this type of dressing suits you very much. You look so beautiful.”

“Xiaoxiao, isn’t this very revealing?” Yang Shan was a little embarrassed and she tried to keep her fair thighs under the ivory white cheongsam. However, the arrogance in her eyes became thicker and her voice unconsciously became slightly louder. “But I really like this cheongsam, and I feel like my body is going to come up…”

“Is it?” Tang Xiaoxiao lowered her eyes and her lips curved.

It was the most bustling and lively in the production crew when it was dinner time. Most of the crew and the actors gathered together in groups with lunch boxes in their hands and squatted on the side of the road to eat. Even Tang Xiaoxiao, the manager, joined the assistant director, Wang Meng and the director’s assistant, Liu Cheng, holding the lunch boxes in their hands as they ate and chatted.

However, since she was a beautiful woman, she would get preferential treatment. One of the few chairs in the production team was given to Tang Xiaoxiao, which saved a little princess from a wealthy family like her from the embarrassment of squatting to eat her lunch box. As for the rest of the chairs, they were taken by the several leading actors, the director and the producer.

Seeing Tang Xiaoxiao surrounded by so many people talking and laughing, Zhao Le seemed more than a little indignant. It happened that Yang Shan had come back from filming and it was rare of him to stand up and get her a lunch box. Pointing to the lively atmosphere over at Tang Xiaoxiao’s side, he said darkly, “Shanshan, your classmate is really something. It’s only been a few days and she’s already garnered the liking of everyone on the production team so they’re on her side .”

As Yang Shan took the lunch box, she gave a slight smile and said dismissively, “Yes, I think she’s changed a lot. Xiaoxiao used to be famous in our school for being an ice goddess. Really, I didn’t expect her to be so popular in the production team.”

Zhao Le pretended to look like it was a pity and shook his head. “Shanshan, you’re too naive. Can’t you see that your classmate is secretly scheming against you? She’s so pretty and has a good relationship with the production crew. I’m afraid that after this film becomes popular, she will be the one who will have won the favor of the director and not you… I’ll bet that Director Cai will kick you out of his next film, and might even let her be the female lead.”

Once the words registered in her mind, Yang Shan’s expression changed slightly. Her eyes flashed and she seemed unaffected. Then she shook her head and said with a faint smile, “Xiaoxiao won’t do that, she’s my best friend in university. She’s building up a good relationship with everyone so as to let the production team have a good impression of me. It won’t be like what you said. You’re just being paranoid.”

“Tsk! You don’t believe it?” Zhao Le sneered. “It’s not my first day in this industry. This industry is something that can easily influence and change a person. What ‘best friends’, what ‘friends’? As long as she can be famous, do you believe that she won’t climb onto the director’s bed tonight? Shanshan, your classmate is really not a good person. Look at her seductive appearance and how she flirts with the men around her… I think in her eyes, you’re just a stepping stone!”

Thinking of Tang Xiaoxiao’s changes recently, Yang Shan suddenly turned pale and forced out a laugh. “It can’t be… Zhao Le, don’t speak nonsense.”

“If you don’t believe me, go and sound her out!” Zhao Le gave a sinister smile. “Did you see that chair she is sitting on? Tell her that you are tired from standing and ask her to let you sit on the chair for a while. Let’s see if she will give it to you!”

Yang Shan hesitated for a moment before finally nodding and strode towards Tang Xiaoxiao slowly.

“I’m tired of standing. Can you let me sit on the chair for a while?”

She went to Tang Xiaoxiao’s side and stood beside her, dressed in the cheongsam and had an aggrieved expression on her face. She held a lunch box in her hand, pouted and asked in a coquettish voice.

Tang Xiaoxiao was stunned for a moment before looking at Wang Meng hesitantly. “Didn’t the crew give you a chair?”

The chair she was sitting on right now, was a chair that Wang Meng, the assistant director had bought himself. Wang Meng took great care of her and only let her sit on this chair for a while after seeing her busy all day. If she were to let Yang Shan sit… Wang Meng would certainly have an opinion on this, and might even be angry with Yang Shan.

Yang Shan did not pay attention to these details, but she had no excuse. As a manager, she had to consider them for the sake of Yang Shan.

“Zhao Le is sitting on that chair and I can’t take it back from him.” Yang Shan was still looking pitiful and a trace of resentment flashed past her eyes. She even started to nudge Tang Xiaoxiao with her body.

Tang Xiaoxiao gave a bitter smile helplessly. What was this? That Zhao Le was even more of a hotshot than Yang Shan. How could a small assistant like him be sitting while the artist was standing?

What’s more, wasn’t Yang Shan being too coquettish? When she was filming just now, she was sitting the whole time, how could she be tired?

Read latest Chapters at WuxiaWorld.Site Only
Thinking of this, Tang Xiaoxiao stood up but did not give the chair to Yang Shan. Instead, she gave Wang Meng a grateful smile. “Assistant Director Wang, thank you for the chair. Please have a seat.”

Wang Meng noticed this and smiled before giving Yang Shan a meaningful glance. “It’s fine, you have already been busy for the whole day already.”

“Tang Xiaoxiao, you… really disappoint me.” Yang Shan suddenly took a step back, a trace of resentment flashing past her eyes.

Her words made Tang Xiaoxiao stunned for a moment. Then a trace of amusement found its way onto her lips and she only said, “Yang Shan, are you crazy? Assistant Director Wang bought this chair at his own expense. I’ll go and get your chair back.”

The scene in front of her made Yang Shan’s heart fall into an ice chasm. She looked at Tang Xiaoxiao in disbelief and gritted her teeth. “Xiaoxiao, I want this chair, I don’t want Zhao Le’s chair. Are you going to let me sit or not?”