Chapter 35: Memory Belonging to the Girl Group, Lady

Cheng Mu was not a professional singer, but he had a good voice. It was deep and husky, and when paired with this affectionate song, it seemed that the artistic conception was extraordinary. In addition, with the two of them holding hands with affectionate expressions on their faces, they really looked like a couple of lovers whispering loving words in each other’s ears.

No one expected that Cheng Mu’s singing would be so good and it attracted the unconscious nodding of several artists present below the stage. Although it was not up to the professional level and there were still some flaws in his singing, it was considered good overall. It was better than some of today’s so-called professional singers who were still sung out of tune.

Of course, with this level, the stir caused by the fans was enough to cause an uproar. The fans in the audience quickly screamed and moved the light sticks in their hands along with the song. Even every little action of Cheng Mu would bring about crazy screams.

Hearing the screams coming from the audience, Tang Xiaoxiao could not help but feel a little surprised and satisfied. As Cheng Mu’s manager, although she had not signed a contract with him, she was very surprised by Cheng Mu’s popularity.

The last line of the lyrics reverberated in the music for a long time. Yang Shan’s face suddenly turned red and she turned her head to look at Tang Xiaoxiao. The microphone in her hand was turned off. After Cheng Mu had sung this line, it would be her turn to lip-sync!

A gentle and graceful voice came out from the speaker. The voice was clear, pure, slightly high and seemed to contain no trace of impurities. It was like a young girl whispering innocently and shyly when faced with her first love. Her voice was soft and beautiful as if it would make one’s soul melt in such gentleness after it swept through their heart.

As soon as the voice started singing, the professionals below the stage could not help but get excited. Holy! This was the level only professional singers could reach!

The two men below the stage who were occupying Tang Xiaoxiao’s seat, could not help but look at each other and said, “Tsk, tsk. They’re trying to deceive everyone. Although it’s easy to use lip-syncing, it’s going too low.”

“This is the situation in China.” The other party smiled and seemed to be indifferent to it. “After we have gotten the best actor trophy in China, our popularity reached its peak, we immediately left the country to develop abroad and thus, avoided these dark sides. Now that we’re back, we have to try to adapt to the environment here.”

“But really, Daniel, the voice of the girl who is lip-syncing in the back is really good. Her basic skills are very solid, so she should be a professional, right? She’s definitely not the kind of amateur who sings casually with her voice.” The man speculated. “Can you hear anything with your genius ears?”

The man called Daniel gave a refreshing smile. “Enough, stop your guessing. I can tell you quite honestly that the one doing the lip-syncing is Cheng Mu’s manager, the beautiful girl I mentioned just now… Tsk, tsk. That girl is really getting more and more interesting. She’s so beautiful, has quite a personality and such a good voice, but she is willing to be a manager behind the scenes.”

“It’s very strange.” The man nodded thoughtfully.

The theme song sung by the two people completely ignited the atmosphere in the venue. After the song was over, there was a standing ovation accompanied by frenzied cheers as the fans called out Yang Shan’s name, which brought the venue into a climax again!

“Yang Shan!”

“Yang Shan, we love you!”

Hearing the shouts and screams, Yang Shan was confused. She looked at the crazy fans below the stage with a helpless look in her eyes, and the trace of uneasiness in her heart was occupied by the fans and pride surged up from her heart. This is the life I’ve always wanted! This is the life I’ve dreamed of!

Everyone in the audience is crazy about me!

Who can be compared with me? Even Tang Xiaoxiao, who is the school belle in school, can only look up to me now!

I must firmly grasp everything that happened today in the palm of my hand. No one can stop me from becoming famous and popular. I want to become a female star whom everyone adores crazily!

Thinking of these, a trace of greed appeared in Yang Shan’s eyes.

Tang Xiaoxiao stood in the stage lift, listening to the crazy screams and shouts when suddenly, a trace of nostalgia and sadness appeared on her face and it seemed as if she had used up all her strength. She leaned against the railing and her body went limp.

For many years, she thought that she had forgotten the pride of standing on stage and that she had forgotten all that happened between her sisters. She also thought by forgetting that person and that matter, she would never yearn for that glory that belonged to idols anymore!

That year, as the leader of Lady, the girl group that was at the peak of their career and the super idols that were well-known all over Asia, Ye Yuxin was also the elder sister in the team and she had the responsibility to take care of those adorable sisters in the group.

That year, the incident shocked the entire entertainment industry and the whole society. Millions of fans burst into tears and felt sorry and their hearts ached for such a legendary girl group… Most people in the industry knew the inside story, but no one dared to step up, and no one dared to defend these beautiful girls with dreams and who had vowed to protect this glory!

Everyone thought that the girl group, Lady, died in a fire, and the only one who escaped was the leader, Ye Yuxin. However, she was disfigured and left the idol world and returned to the entertainment industry as a top manager.

Who would have known that Lady was just the victim of the famous demon manager in the entertainment industry! That blood-sucking demon made Lady popular, but was also the one who destroyed this group! The idols who looked bright on the surface were not even as good as dogs!

Those seven girls worked hard for several years without rest. Even if they fell sick, they had to continue working. That demon manager from Shengshi Entertainment did not allow them to rest or relax even the slightest hint. The girls had to work like machines to earn huge wealth for the manager and Shengshi Entertainment. They had become the cash cows in the hands of that group of demons!

Who would have known that such beautiful girls would have been worked to the point of severe exhaustion, fainted from anger and had to put on the drip all year round to maintain their normal physical fitness. The covered areas on their bodies were full of scars from being punished by that beast of a manager. In the later stage, several sisters in the group had been coughing up blood…

People would be worried when they saw them.

It was something that couldn’t last, and Lady finally fell ill completely. Even the makeup could cover up their pale complexions and they were all skin and bones. Even if their manager whipped them, they could not even stand up anymore. The body of the youngest sister had been damaged by years of fatigue and punishment…

Their little sister’s days were numbered.

The chief culprit was Shengshi Entertainment and that devil-like manager!

“Little sister, I promise you that such a tragedy will never happen again. I will become the best entertainment manager, and completely destroy Shengshi Entertainment, this devil’s hole…” Tang Xiaoxiao’s eyes blurred with tears as she murmured.