Chapter 8: Determination (2)

There was a Chery car parked outside, and Zhao Le opened the car door on his own initiative, making a gesture for them to get into the car in a gentlemanly manner. Yang Shan covered her mouth to hide her smile and went into the car.

Ignoring Zhao Le’s little trick, Tang Xiaoxiao went directly to the back of the car, opened the boot and put the heavy suitcase inside. Only then did she get into the car, sit next to Yang Shan and fasten her seatbelt.

Zhao Le glanced at Tang Xiaoxiao, pursing his lips in a dissatisfied manner before starting the car and driving away from the airport.

“Shanshan, is this the production team’s car?” Tang Xiaoxiao asked curiously.

“It’s Director Cao’s. When he heard that I was going out, he lent me his car. What do you think? Director Cao’s a nice person, right?” Yang Shan said with a proud smile.

Tang Xiaoxiao could only give her a helpless smile. “Why are you so impolite? You’re just coming to pick me up, you can take a taxi with Zhao Le, why bother the director?”

With that, Yang Shan pouted and looked upset.

Taking a deep breath, Tang Xiaoxiao turned her head and looked at the scenery outside the car window. Her voice sounded a little down and she seemed to have forgotten the fact that she had been reborn, and that she was back to the days when she was a manager. She said with a sigh, “Shanshan, you don’t need me to tell you how many stars Director Cao Hao has made popular. You’re lucky to have stood out from the crowd and caught the eye of the big director, this is already enough to make many people envious. When you reach Yue Yang, I want you to remember two words, humility and gratitude.

“You’re a newcomer and it’s normal to be bullied. Your luck is enough to make many people have a chip on their shoulders. They may find various ways to torment you and what you need to do is to endure it, because they can be unscrupulous, and you have a brighter future than them. Compared with them, you can’t afford to lose, so you should be humble and have patience.

“Also, entertainment reporters are more terrifying than you think. It’s absolutely forbidden to talk carelessly in the entertainment industry. You can eat anything you want, but as an artist, you cannot speak carelessly…”

“Hey! Hey!” Yang Shan grinned and put her arm around Tang Xiaoxiao’s neck and said in a low voice, “Xiaoxiao, why do I feel like you’re like an old lady? You’re even more naggy than my mom… Hehe, you seem so professional, how about you be my full-time manager? We sisters can venture into the entertainment industry together!”

“Are you sure?” Tang Xiaoxiao was a little surprised. “You know, for an artist, a manager is someone who controls their fate. A good manager can push you to the top of being a popular star, and a bad manager will kill off a famous star… Do you still want me to be your manager even if it’s such an important role and even if you’re being choked?”

“Of course!” Yang Shan nodded affirmatively. “My mom and dad don’t agree with me becoming a star, and you’ve been the only one who’s ever supported me. If you hadn’t been supporting and encouraging me in that half a year I was learning acting, I would have given up… You’re my best friend and if you’re not my manager, there’s no one else who is willing to care about me.”

Tang Xiaoxiao shrugged and a cold smile appeared on her lips. She glanced at Zhao Le and saw through the rearview mirror that he was eavesdropping attentively and raised her voice deliberately.

“I have to make this matter clear to you. For an artist, the manager is the most important existence. You’re still a newcomer and don’t need a manager, but after this film, if you really become popular, you don’t have to say anything and there will be a lot of managers who will flock to you… Among them, there will be some famous stars who want to act as your manager.”

Yang Shan interrupted Tang Xiaoxiao. “Don’t worry! Don’t worry! Aiya, don’t frighten me with these words. No one else has the say except me. Just be my manager.”

As soon as she said this, a trace of anger seemed to flash past Zhao Le’s eyes.

Seeing his expression, Tang Xiaoxiao sneered in her heart. Sure enough, Yang Shan, the rising star, had already been fixed as a cash cow by some people, but she did not know which company it was.

“You’d better think about it for a few more days,” Tang Xiaoxiao replied.

Not only did Yang Shan need to consider this, but Tang Xiaoxiao also needed to consider it. She did not expect that there would be such a thing as being reborn in this world. The past had already been turned into memories, but there was still unwillingness in her heart!

Lu Yanfan, Cheng Jiayu, Du Qisheng, Wei Fan, Liang Chuchu, Ouyang Minghui, Corrina, Zhao Wen, Ning Ruoxuan… These famous and popular stars were all groomed by her, but it was also these sanctimonious superstars who collectively went over to her rival, Shengshi Entertainment, which occupied half of the entertainment industry in Asia when her studio was faced with a crisis!

In this war of takeover and reverse takeover, she conceded defeat, but the only thing she was unwilling to accept was the collective defection of those traitorous superstars!

Lu Yanfan, who was still a hothead in the film academy that year, could only be an extra in the production crew. She was the one who expanded his connections time after time, and even spent her savings to get him a place as a male lead in a film. She carefully groomed him, protecting him and nurturing him to become the top artist in mainland China today.

Then there was Cheng Jiayu. Although he was a brilliant actor, he was forever a supporting actor. He had participated in many films, but could not get popular. She was the one who had thrown in countless hours of blood, sweat and tears in a lot of effort to change his image, character and finally helped him become popular by the time he hit forty years of age.

Wei Fan was a trainee who was shelved by a certain entertainment company in South Korea. When she went to Korea by chance, she met him and bought his contract and took half a year to market him and even wrote songs for him. Finally, he became a popular new era idol star in Asia.

Liang Chuchu’s family was driven into the corner by money lenders, and when she saw her, she was a prostitute in a bar. Given her sharp eye for discovering talent, she helped Liang Chuchu pay off her debts and even gave her money to go for plastic surgery overseas. She did what she could do to hide Liang Chuchu’s dirty past and made her into a popular A-list actress. Who would have thought that the gorgeous woman now was a prostitute when she hit rock bottom?

After being reborn, did she really want to step into the treacherous entertainment industry again, or choose to be the little princess of the Tang family, wait for her to be of a certain age and get married to a man?

The future was really uncertain.

After Yang Shan calmed down, the car fell into a brief silence. Zhao Le seemed to feel a little lonely, and after letting them know, he turned on the radio in the car. The extremely magnetic voice of the DJ slowly floated out from the speaker with a trace of peacefulness and gentleness.

“It is reported that Miss Ye Yuxin, the top manager in the mainland entertainment industry, committed suicide at 2.27 am from the roof of a hotel half a month ago. The reason for her suicide may be due to her studio being taken over and the termination of several artists’ contracts… Today, many stars in the entertainment industry went to the funeral parlor to offer their condolences.

“Miss Ye Yuxin’s suicide is a huge loss to the entertainment industry in China. From her origins in the Lady Girl group to putting a stop to her road to being a superstar because of an accident, Miss Ye Yuxin did not get depressed. Instead, she stepped into the entertainment industry again as a top manager. Each and every day, we can see the many stars she has groomed made popular since her reign as the top manager in the industry… Let’s listen to the only single released by Miss Ye Yuxin, ‘Betrayal’.”