Chapter 9: First Time At A Production Set

Tang Xiaoxiao’s pupils constricted when she heard the news.

Although she had guessed this in her heart, she still could not believe that she was found to have committed suicide. As the murderer, Lu Yanfan had completely put himself out of this matter!

Is this really the world I know? In the face of absolute power and wealth, the so-called justice and law were just excuses for those at the top!

No… I don’t accept it!

I refuse to accept it!

I won’t let myself be trampled upon!

Somehow she had escaped death and was reborn again. In her previous life, she had sacrificed so much all her life but ended up dead and betrayed by the people closest to her. Then in this life… Did she have to do that to herself again?

Thinking of this, a trace of pain and confusion flashed past Tang Xiaoxiao’s eyes, and then it seemed like her whole life had been lit up!

If the weak could only be doomed to become bones, then I would step on the bones of the weak to reach the top!

If only the brave can afford to soar across this piece of sky, then I would like to be the one who flies the highest. I will not regret it, even if I fall to my death!

I swear that no matter who I am, and no matter who the other party is, no one can block my path forward!

All of you who owe me, I will take it all back a hundred times and a thousand times more!

The name Tang Xiaoxiao will be the rising star that lights up this world! I will be the queen in the history of the entertainment industry!

Le Yang Film and Television Studios was one of the largest studios in China and along with Donghai Film and Television Studios, they were the largest studios in China during the 1920s. Every year, more than 10 film crews would be shooting for a film or television series here, and tens of thousands of people would pursue their dreams here. They received a few tens of dollars every day and a lunch box. There were many people who came every year with dreams, and there were also some who left with sadness and disappointment. These people were jokingly called ‘drifters’.

After arriving at the studio, Tang Xiaoxiao was very busy and it was already late by the time everything settled down. The production manager called and said that Director Cao had invited the whole crew to dinner so the three of them then rushed to the hotel. Yang Shan wanted to put on makeup before going, but Tang Xiaoxiao stopped her. She told her with a smile that it was more important to eat, which led to Yang Shan rolling her eyes, while Zhao Le sneered indifferently.

When they arrived at the hotel, they were just in time. Director Cao had booked the whole hotel, and they had arrived before everyone could order.

Director Cao nodded with satisfaction when he saw that Yang Shan was dressed in a simple white T-shirt and jeans with no makeup on her face, looking pure and beautiful. There was no doubt that he wanted such a pure female lead. He laughed and praised her, “Shanshan, I didn’t expect you to come so soon. I thought you were going to put on makeup and change your clothes…”

Hearing Cao Hao’s praise, Yang Shan stuck out her tongue and gave Tang Xiaoxiao a grateful look. “If there’s food to eat, why should I put on makeup? We got off the plane and just settled down when Zhao Le said that you were treating us, so we rushed over.”

It was not the first time Yang Shan was meeting Cao Hao, so she spoke more casually.

After exchanging greetings, Cao Hao noticed Tang Xiaoxiao, who was behind Yang Shan, but he did not pay much attention to her and said teasingly, “Shanshan, who is this beautiful lady behind you? She’s so pretty, you’re not afraid that she’s going to steal your show?”

Tang Xiaoxiao could not help rolling her eyes. In response, she reached out her hand and said politely, “Hello, Director Cao. I’m Shanshan’s manager, Tang Xiaoxiao.”

“Manager?” Cao Hao burst out laughing and raised his eyebrows. “Miss… Don’t you think it’s sinful of you to be so beautiful as a manager?”

Endure… She would endure it!

Tang Xiaoxiao took a deep breath. Her bright eyes were clearly filled with anger, but in other people’s eyes, it looked charming and seductive. That delicate and fair porcelain-like face was full of radiance and splendor that made people unable to look away. “My looks are given by my parents and there’s nothing I can do. However, Director Cao, if you don’t want to look, perhaps you can try to cover your eyes?”

Cao Hao laughed and Yang Shan could not help but cover her mouth as she laughed.

Tang Xiaoxiao was furious and took a deep breath. “Okay. Director Cao. If you continue to laugh like this, I think it’s necessary for us to talk about Shanshan’s remuneration…”

Cao Hao’s laugh finally came to an abrupt stop. A stunned look flashed past his eyes and in his heart, he thought that this girl was bluffing.

Generally speaking, the problems between the manager, director and producer were all about the dispute about the actor’s remuneration. This was the reason why the director did not dare to offend the manager easily. The manager had a hold over the artists’ remuneration and if an artist was willing to act in a certain film, but the director, producer and manager were in disagreement, the manager could use the remuneration to blame the production team. After all, for a film, the first thing a director and producer had to do was to reduce the expenditures. If the manager used the remuneration to fight against them, the director and producer would really be at the end of their ropes.

Only a real professional manager in the entertainment industry would understand this kind of thing, but… how could this girl in front of him be so knowledgeable?

As for Cao Hao’s doubts, Tang Xiaoxiao did not have the mood to explain and responded with a charming smile.

Surely she must have guessed it, right? She was so beautiful and young, how would she know the rules of this industry? Cao Hao guessed.

“Director Cao, sorry I’m late.” A slightly hoarse voice sounded at the door with a hint of apology in it. “I’m really sorry. I didn’t expect something to come up suddenly and came late.”

Yang Shan and Tang Xiaoxiao turned their heads around at the same time and saw a tall and handsome young man striding in. He had his back against the setting sun and his facial features were covered with a shadow, making it look extremely well-defined. Under his thick eyebrows was a pair of eyes that were full of wisdom and composure. His smile was handsome and sunny, his shoulders were broad and his steps were steady. He looked friendly and would make people feel good by simply looking at him.

“Cheng Mu?”

Yang Shan covered her mouth and called out with a mixture of excitement and disbelief.

Cheng Mu was one of the new generations of young actors in mainland China. His acting skills were quite outstanding and he was not impetuous and did not put on airs like the actors nowadays. Although it had only been a few years since his debut, he had already won several awards for his performance in TV dramas and films. Although these were only domestic awards, they were enough to prove his ability. He was friendly and basically had no airs, and was very popular among fans.

When she was still Ye Yuxin, she could see the talent in this rising star and had approached him several times, but Cheng Mu was extremely loyal and refused to leave the company that had cultivated him.