6

Elizabeth knocked on Professor Snape's door. 'Come in.' Called Snape so Elizabeth made her way inside the professor's classroom.

'Good evening Sir.' She said in a low pitched voice. 'Good afternoon Miss Black.' Replied Snape. 'What would you like me to do for you?' She asked politely. To get on your knees. Snape thought but then realised the girl before her waiting for an answer. 'You could start by reorganising the potions drawer.' He said pointing to the left of the classroom where a huge drawer was waiting for Elizabeth. She gulped at the slight of the enormous task she was meant to finish. 'Yes sure.' She said and walked towards the drawer.

She was halfway finished and Snape realised how quick and smoothly she organised his potions. She was indeed the top of her year in almost every subject apart from DADA. She wasn't horrible in Defence but it couldn't be said that she wasn't the best.

Elizabeth was now almond finished. The only problem that was preventing her to finish the task was a potion at the very top of a shelf. She tried reaching it but was unsuccessful. Snape must've realised because he got up from his seat and started walking towards Ella. He reached for the vial straightforwardly and handed it to Elizabeth. 'Thank you Sir and I apologise for making you leave your studies.' She said and without noticing a flush spread her face. Snape noticed her blushing and he couldn't help but laugh a little. 'No problem Miss and don't worry about my studies. I was just marking some dunderhead's essays.' 'Oh, alright. Is there anything else you would like me to do Sir?' She asked but before Snape could answer there was a gentle knock on the door. Snape looked irritated. 'Come in!' He spat. Then the door opened and Professor Lockhart appeared. 'Gilderoy, what is it you wanted?' Snape asked. 'Hello to you too Severus. Well I am here for Miss Black. Mr Black told me she would be in detention with you when I saw him searching for Elizabeth.' Lockhart said but at the word 'Elizabeth' Snape seemed furious. How dare he use her first name?! 'What is it you wanted from me Sir?' Elizabeth asked. 'Miss Black I would like to talk to you about the grades you received. They are quite unlike you. Would you be so kind to follow me to my classroom?' But before Ella could answer Snape got in. 'She hasn't finished her detention yet so she won't come with you. I am sure you will talk another time. Now if there isn't anything else?' Lockhart seemed angry that Severus prevented Elizabeth to come with him but he dared to fight with Snape. 'No, nothing else. Well then, I'll see you later Miss Black. Good night.' And he closed the door. Snape was still looking at the door, his already pale face even paler. 'Sir?' Asked Elizabeth which caused Snape to look at her. 'You may leave Miss Black.' He said. 'Good night.' Said and left, closing the door behind.

Elizabeth entered her chambers on the 3rd floor. She closed the door quietly in case her brother was asleep. She went in her bedroom and saw Will sleeping on her bed. She got dressed into her pyjamas and got inside the cover. She kissed her brother and immediately slept.