1. once again

1
-=+=-

When the colors fade and it turns to gray
We'll calmly walk away, walk away from the fray
When structure falls and all else fails
We will build it once again

We can climb high, higher than before Or we can stand by, while it burns to the floor
Though we cannot fly, we will build and the wounds will mend
As we build it once again

-=+=-

"W-What do you mean? It's been eight months and you're wanting to do this now? Over TeamSpeak, are you crazy?" Will cried, his voice steadily geting higher. His hands were shaking as he stared at his computer screen, his girfriend's screen name glaring back at him.

Well, his ex-girlfriend.

"Will, it's honestly for the best. I love you, I really did, but just don't feel that way anymore. I'm sorry I had to do this." Will didn't want to hear her voice anymore as it just hurt him more and more.

"I can't believe you did this today, of all days. . ." Will shook his head slowly as if his ex-girlfriend could see him.

"Why, what's wrong with today?"

"Today was our aniversary, you bitch."

Will quickly left the private room that he had created, not bothering to listen to whatever his ex-girlfriend had to say. It was over. The one relationship he had managed to keep the longest was done. The one girl he thought he loved was free from his heart and erased from his life.

"Will, are you all right?" A soft knock on Will's bedroom door interrupted his thoughts as his mum poked her head in. "Oh, honey."

"Mum, how could she, especially over hecking TeamSpeak? This is stupid. I didn't really love her anyways." Will ran into his mum's welcoming arms and began to hold her tightly.

"Don't say that. You were so excited when you first met her over Twitter. Now, let's go into the kitchen, your brother is waiting to talk to you." Will's mum grabbed her son's arm and pulled him away from his room.

And Will was happy she did.

"Hey. . . what happened, bro?" His brother asked, actual worry lacing his voice. Will loved his family so much.

"Nothing, now what did you need?" WIll brushed away whatever tears bravely decided to fall down his cheeks.

"Oh, I was just going to remind you that your flight to America for. . . PAX, was it? Anyway, it's leaving tomorrow, and I figured you forgot, like you usually do." Will's brother started to pick at a plate of muffins that was sitting on the dining table.

"Those are for tomorrow's breakfast! Don't touch those." Will's mum scolded, crossing her arms.

"Oh my God, it is tomorrow! I am not packed and not ready. Jordan's probably worried about picking me up on time- oh, I'll just go get ready." WIll dashed reluctanty into his room, glaring at his computer as he did. He never bothered to log off so his friends began adding and removing him to and from different rooms, one of which was Jordan's.

Will yanked out his red suitcase. stuffing whatever clothes he could find from his drawers into the bag.

"Yo, Will, bud, are you busy?" Jordan's voice suddenly bursted through Will's speakers. Will scrambled into his chair and plugged in his headset.

"Not really. I was just finishing getting packed for tomorrow's flight." Will responded, twiddling with his headset's cord.

"Don't worry, I would never forget that." Will could practically hear Jordan wink as he spoke. "Seriously, I need one more video, and I decided to hit you up."

Will eagerly nodded but realized Jordan couldn't see him. "Ah, sure, dude! What you need?"

"LBW?"

"Yeah, let's go!" Will minimized his TeamSpeak and opened up his Minecraft launcher. He listened to Jordan intently as he explained what hub and which game they were entering.

"Ready? 3, 2, 1- What's up, guys? My name is Bayani and welcome back to another episode of Lucky Block Wars! Today, I am joined by Will!"

For a straight hour, they recorded game after game, planning on editing out the bad footage and leaving the funniest parts. Will absolutely loved the days he could record with Jordan. Maybe not so much the days they were joined by someone else, but nevertheless, each recording, no matter whose it was, was always filled with Jordan's charm and laughter.

"Thanks, Will. I guess you can get back to packing." Jordan mumbled into his microphone.

"Any time, dude. I guess I will. . . but you'll stay on and talk to me to keep me company, right?" Will hopefully asked, unplugging his headphones so that he could hear Jordan talk through his speakers.

"Of course. So, how's your day been?" Will could hear Jordan's smile.

"Fine. Um, actually this probably doesn't really matter to you," Will said as he tossed a pair of jeans into his suitcase. "but just to get it off my chest, I broke up with my girlfriend a few hours ago. More like she broke up with me, but it's over anyway."

"Oh, geez, man. I'm so sorry"

"Don't be." Will searched for an extra blanket and excused himself from the conversation to fetch his toiletries. When he came back, he was surprised Jordan had turned on his webcam. Will silently snuck into his desk chair and watched as Jordan picked at something on his wrist.

"Bayanidood, what're you doing?" Will giggled as he switched on his own webcam.

"Oh, hey, William Shakespeare. I was just marveling at a new bracelet my brother bought for me. He's a nice guy when he wants to, you know?" Jordan smirked, turning his chair side to side ever so slightly.

"I can't wait to see you and everyone else at PAX Prime." Will grinned, reaching for his glasses as his screen became blurrier and blurrier.

"I know. Kind of excited you're coming over like two days before the actual event." Jordan smiled sheeplishly, messing with his bracelet again, only looking up to watch Will clumsily put on his glasses. "Oh, don't you just look absolutely adorable."

Will blushed, pushing his second pair of eyes up farther the bridge of his nose.

"Are you really, Jordan?" Will pulled his legs into his chair and grinned at his best friend who repeatedly ran a hand through his short blonde hair.

"'Course, dude! That's just 48 hours more with my. . . best friend." Jordan leaned his elbows on his desk, his face a few centimeters closer to the camera.

Will was so in goddamn love with Jordan's eyes.

"Uh, why'd you pause?"

This is it. You slipped up now, Will. He's going to think you're some nosy kid and-

"Because you aren't my best friend."

Here it comes. Just prepare for the wor-

"You're my goddamn crush."

-=+=-

{I literally recommend listening to the entire Best of 2014 Monstercat album over and over because that's what I did when I got inspiration for this story.
ssh it's a rendition of someone else's story ._. }
thank you so much for reading!
I really appreciate it :)
leave some love for this if you'd like to ;)
- p.b.