10. better world

[ surprise ;) time skippppp lol ]

10
-=+=-

Days come and gone
Feeling undone
Shattered and torn
How will be belong again
We stand in line
And we amend
For a better time

-=+=-

"It felt like I was just at PAX Prime, you know?" Will murmured to himself, looking up at Zack anyways.

"Same, dude." Zack absentmindedly answered, his gaze focused on something else.

"You okay?"

"What? Y-Yeah, I'm just upset that Joe couldn't make it. I know he wanted to." Zack mumbled. Will smiled at the younger boy.

"I'm sure he's happy that you're here, at least."

"I guess. Oh, look, we're here!" Zack exclaimed, crawling over Will's lap to point at the towering hotel approaching their cab.

Will had left for Boston the night before, and by a strange coincidence, he had ran into Zack at the airport. So they grabbed a ride to their hotel together.

Will leaned down to look out his window, awing as a rather tall building caught Will's gaze.

"We're staying there?" Will exclaimed.

"Only for a day or two, I think. Then we'll be able to chill at the house a few of the other guys are renting out." Zack responded, his eyes wide and bright.

Will couldn't help but smile.

Zack had been his best friend when Jordan wasn't. He'd been there to encourage Will to keep recording videos, to not let his fans lose their hope in him. Zack was Will's sprinkles on his ice cream.

Nearly an hour later, Will was settled in his room with Zack as his roommate. Kevin had recently called their cellphones to inform them about a house they'd found close to another place where the rest of the members were planning on staying at. Tomorrow morning, before PAX began, they were to move their few belongings into the house there.

Will collapsed onto one of the royally made beds, sighing as the silky material sunk under his meager body weight.

"I could get used to this bed, man."

"You might want to. I'm not expecting those beds in the house to be as exceptional as these. Oh, and tonight's a dinner at the Cheesecake Factory with the people who arrived before us. So, keep that in mind before you succumb to slumber, Will."

Will raised a sleepy hand and waved Zack off.

"Don't worry about me."

====

Will tossed and turned, ruffling up the formally straightened sheets. It was almost evening, and Will was still writhing around in bed. He just wasn't comfortable. Something was biting at his ankles.

"Will, let's go, bud. We don't have much time." Zack called out from the attached ensuite bathroom. Will bolted upright, his forehead glistening with cold sweat.

"W-What do you mean?" Will gasped, running to the bathroom to check his reflection.

He hadn't noticed how awful he looked.

There were bags under his eyes, screaming and obvious against Will's pale skin. His body was slouching, but no one could notice since he was taller than most. His hair was greasy and his brown eyes had lost their sparkle and turned dull.

"Remember we have dinner with the guys?" Zack mumbled, walking out and flicking off the light switch. "We've to leave now."

Will panicked, looking over his outfit for wrinkles and blemishes. He groaned and grabbed a jacket, slipping it on and running water over his hair.

He looked presentable.

Will followed Zack out of their hotel room and down the hallway to the fancily engraved elevators. Zack waited patiently for a family with a screaming daughter to walk out. Will smiled at them.

"Will, are you okay?"

"What? Oh, yeah. I'm good." Will pushed the Lobby button on the elevator panel.

"No, I mean are you okay with like what's happening?"

"What's happening?"

"Just checking on you. I was just wondering how you and Jordan were doing."

"Jordan and I? I guess we're okay. He's been switching his mood and I've lost count of how many times he has. Sometimes I want to punch him, other times I want to. . ."

"You want to what?"

Will bit his tongue. "Nothing. Look, we're already here."

Will rushed out of the elevator, his head spinning. He burst into the cold Boston air, his body shivering as the icy winds blew against his frail skin.

Zack raised an eyebrow as he walked out, but dismissed Will as he flagged down another taxi.

They say in silence the entire ride. Once, the driver tried to make conversation with the two males, but quit trying after it was obvious they were keeping their mouths sealed. Will looked over at Zack once and frowned.

Zack was giving him the cold shoulder.

Literally, it was like -6 degrees outside.

Will sighed as the car ambled along the busy streets. He gazed at the blinking and bright lights, feeling lost.

Things weren't going his way anymore.

"Thank God." Zack mumbled as the taxi stopped near the curb, the entrance to the Cheesecake Factory looming before them. Will eagerly stepped out, the excitement of getting to see his friends after such a long time finally getting to him.

Will almost pushed through the crowd standing outside, but Zack grabbed his hand and pulled him back.

"Don't go in quite yet, Eager McBeaver. I've got to pay the driver and call Mark to make sure we're at the right one." Zack yelled over the honking cars and the talkative people. Will nodded, patiently dropping his hands to his side as Zack paid for the entire ride.

"Inside? Really? What do you mean you've got your food? There's too many people and- okay, okay, geez. We're going." Zack stuffed his phone into the pocket of his jeans, shaking his head.

"They're in there?"

"Yeah." Zack began shoving through people, Will following closely behind. Some of the people began to yell at them, some actually shoving them backwards. Will mumbled apologies and continued to push through the warm bodies of strangers he'd never seen before.

Once they pushed through the golden trimmed doors, Zack waited by the doors. "Mark said he'd send someone to get us."

Will nodded in response, his chest heaving up and down.

"Are you sure you're feeling all right?"

"I'm just winded. I'm not completely feeling like myself today." Will sighed, pulling the sleeves of his jacket over his hands.

"Oh, here comes someone!" Zack cheered, beginning to walk forward.

Will looked up after a few seconds, trying to regain his thoughts. He looked around for Zack, but the fluffy brown head of hair was nowhere in sight.

Will looked frantically around, only to be tapped on the shoulder.

Will yelped in surprise and whipped around.

"Whoa, calm down. I'm just here to show you where the others are. I'm not here to take over your mind."

Hello, green eyes.

-=+=-
[ whoops sorry for making you guys wait three days. I'm trying to make a chapter every two days.

well, how was this chapter??

I'm sick rn ew ;-;

and I've a choir concert tomorrow yay!1!2!!2 totally won't sound like crap!!

thank you so much for reading!
I really appreciate it :)
leave some love for this if you'd like to ;)
- p.b.