7. orbit

[ 100 followers holy ]

7
-=+=-

Dream of me whenever you are feeling oh so lonely
Try to leave your fears behind
We are locked in an Orbit racing round the docks
Of moonlit worlds that may collide
Keep your eyes on mine

-=+=-

One day.

Will refused to look at his Twitter. He refused to answer to any of his friends or respond to their worried messages.

Five days.

Naturally, Will had to leave to get food or use the restroom, but besides his body's necessities, he never left his room. He sat curled under his bed sheets in the darkness of his room. He left his computer running and his monitors alive, but he didn't dare go within two feet of his setup.

One week.

Will slowly blinked his eyes, his body weak from the lack of sleep. He groaned as his phone vibrated on his bed for the fifteenth time that day.

Zack: Will
Zack: You can't avoid our texts forever
Zack: I know you're there buddy

Will whimpered, watching as his phone screen lit up.

Zack: TS
Zack: now
Zack: Will I know you're watching your phone light up with my texts so get your butt into your chair and talk to me

Will shook his head, stumbling to his feet and clumsily crawling into his chair. He slipped on his headset and switched to the Cube TeamSpeak server, grimacing as the familiar names popped up in the different rooms.

"User joined your channel."

"Will, you absolute piece of crap." Zack murmured. Will could hear him tapping his fingers against his desk.

"Sorry." Will mumbled, his voice scratchy and dry from the many days without verbal communication.

"I was kidding. How are you?"

"You're actually serious?" Will scoffed, crossing his arms.

"Uh, I'm sorry? I thought it'd be the logical thing to ask-"

"I'm obviously not fine, Zack. I thought I had a friend, but I guess not."

"Jordan. . .? Right?" Will sighed as he listened to his own steady breathing.

"Yeah. I'm sorry if I act like a complete douche to you now or anytime in the near future. I-I wish I could tell you what Jordan's told me, but that'd be unfair. The only thing the fans need to know is Jordan's side of the argument." Will stammered, staring at his Minecraft icon on his task bar and biting his tongue. Since he didn't make any attempt to go near his setup, videos and gameplay dropped dramatically for Will. He hadn't played a game of Counter-Strike: Global Offensive in such a long time.

"Why only Jordan's side? Shouldn't you-"

"No, no. I'd rather keep mine secret." Will sighed, interrupting Zack.

"Well, what did happen? You haven't really released much info, Will."

Will messed with the arrow keys on his keyboard. "There's not much to it."

"Not much? You guys were best friends one minute and enemies the next. There's got to be some kind of background to this story and honestly, I'm not going to leave until I hear it."

"You're a persistent sixteen year old, aren't you."

"Yeah, and you're a sarcastic nineteen year old, glad we're on the same terms here." Zack chuckled. Will rolled his eyes.

"It's not like I wanted to make Jordan mad at me. . ." Will sighed, scratching at a scratch on his desk. "Po-I mean, Zack, can I tell you something?"

"Call me Poke if you need to, Will. Not holding you back from anything you say."

Will frowned. "Jordan told me he liked me the day I ended it with my girlfriend. I thought that meant a lot, but I guess not. It's all because of my personality. It's all my fault."

Zack coughed, laughing. "Your fault? Dude, I don't know if you realize, but if trace this back to its source, it's Jordan fault for telling you how he felt. I mean, unless you liked Jordan before he confessed to you."

"Of course I didn't! I never even considered it." Will gasped.

"Then it's his fault, dude."

"You're making this sound like it's bad to fall for someone." Will groaned, his mind swirling with different thoughts like waves in the ocean.

"Relationships can be bad if you let them be." Zack murmured, his voice oddly quiet for Will's liking. "I've got to go record with Joe. Good luck."

"User left your channel."

Will ran a hand through his greasy hair, his eyebrows knotted together with confusion.

To check Twitter.

Or to not check Twitter.

Or to let them know I'm actually alive.

Will reached for his phone, sighing exasperatingly as he unlocked the device.

He froze as his thumb hovered over the Twitter application on the home screen.

"I don't have anything to bring up. I shouldn't have to bring anything up. If Jordan wants to poke and pick at my wounds, he can. I'll let him. But there's nothing I can say." Will mumbled to himself, tossing his phone carelessly onto his bed sheets.

"Hey, wake up."

Will raised an eyebrow as the poke came through. He opened it, his mind screaming at him to stop and go lie down and watch Netflix.

Will grunted, throwing himself out of his chair and onto his bed, screams tickling his throat.

He didn't bother closing out of TeamSpeak.

Someone was sending him photos of Jordan and himself during the happier moments of their relationship.

And Will wasn't happy with it.

-=+=-

[ when you don't know what to write and it takes you three days. ._.

have you ever done something with your eyes closed but it's instinct and you're doing it anyways...

that's happened too many times in my life.

received an award for director's choice at our band concert this evening. proud (:

thank you so much for reading!
I really appreciate it :)
leave some love for this if you'd like to ;)
- p.b.