11. my friend

[ tristam's songs are the best tbh ]

10

-=+=-

After all that we've been through
Will this light lead me to you
I can't stay here one more day
I swear to you I'm not afraid
Through the wind chimes, through the bells
I would carry you through hell

-=+=-

Will nervously looked over Jordan who was holding out his hand for Will to take.

"I'm not going to stand like this forever."

"Let's move it, the guys are waiting." Zack yelled, shoving through the massive crowds. Jordan raised an eyebrow, looking down at his hand and up at Will.

"I'm not allowed to greet you properly?"

Will shrugged. "Let's just go."

"Whatever."

Jordan beckoned for Will to follow him, and Will understood why he was supposed to take Jordan's hand.

People were absolutely everywhere. Tables were packed with people and the floors were filled with stressed waitresses and waiters running back and forth.

Will twisted and turned his body around the chairs and tables, apologizing every so often for running into someone or stepping on their foot. He kept an eye Jordan's flannel as he weaved through the people.

Then, like music to his ears, Will heard cheering and laughter.

He quickened his pace and broke past Jordan as a massive booth filled with adults and teens came into sight. Will grinned, his heart skipping a beat.

"Will!" Everyone shouted at once, their eyes bright and happy. Will squealed under his breath, sliding into one side of the booth next to Bee.

"William Shakes," Zach began. "how was your flight?"

Will shrugged. "Okay."

Bee giggled as she scooted closer to Mitchell to make more room. Will looked up just as Jordan was sliding in next to him.

Will's breath caught in his throat as Jordan's knee bumped his.

"How are you enjoying America, Straub and Bee?" Will asked, avoiding talking with Jordan.

"We just got here, but it's quite nice so far." Bee replied, bringing her hair onto one shoulder.

"Jordan, where's everyone else?" Mark asked. Will bit his lip.

"Um, Ryan isn't getting in until later tomorrow evening with Brayden and Mitch."

"I didn't mean th-"

"So, guys, who's ready to order?" Dylan quickly interrupted as he gestured to the female waitress standing patiently next to him. Will smiled at her as everyone murmured a greeting.

When it came time for Will to order, the waitress came around behind Will and bent down.

"When I'm done here, why don't you get out of this crowded area and follow me outside?" She whispered in his ear. Will froze.

"Wh-What?"

"Anyone need anything else?" The waitress called out.

"No, I think we're fucking done here." Jordan growled.

"Whoa, someone is letting their inner lion out." Liam giggled. Will looked over at Jordan to meet his icy stare.

"Um, I n-need to go to the bathroom." Will murmured once the waitress left out of earshot.