13. you & i

[ I AM APOLOGY ]

-=+=-

Stop building these walls of concrete
We've got the world at our feet
Don't let go, we're strong
Nothing will ever make us wrong
Because you know that we
We are forever and ever

When it's you

When it's you and I
We will make it our night
When you and I
We will make it our night
You and I

-=+=-

Will slipped out the front doors of the hotel, his heart slamming against his chest.

He felt like crying.

But he'd be a wimp if he did.

His eyes were dry anyways.

Will adjusted the wrinkles in his shirt after he had slowed down. It was twisted on his body since he didn't put much care into putting it on.

Absorbed in fixing his clothes and looking presentable, he ran head first into another person.

"Zack?"

"Will? What're you doing in short sleeves? It's freezing!" Zack exclaimed, a bag hanging on his arm.

"Just-"

Zack shook his head and grabbed onto Will's arm. "Let's go back in, you crazy soul. I would've been out a little bit later, but we got bored."

I'm glad you're back.

Will groaned under his breath in protest.

There was a small chance Jordan had left. The odds were that he was still there with no where to leave. Will had only fled for at least eight minutes.

Zack hummed a bright tune under his breath as he made his way to the elevator system in the main lobby. Will dipped his head as the hotel staff raised eyebrows, as residents' stares burned holes into Will's lopsided and wrinkled shirt.

"You seem antsy to get back into the comfort of our room. Problems?" Zack whispered once the sliding doors shut and the elevator jolted into motion.

"Ah, nothing. S-So, the house with the other guys-"

"Yeah, we move early tomorrow morning and then get ready for East with the others."

"S-So, is Jordan staying there as well?"

"I think so, in that particular house." Zack shrugged, adjusting his one bag. "Why'd you-"

"How was your little trip?" Will quickly asked before Zack could question him any further.

"Um, fine I guess. We all kind of split ways. Mark and Sean and I walked around for a little bit. I picked up a new shirt. Nothing special. Are you feeling any better? I'm sure staying alone must've been boring."

Alone.

"Y-Yes, I think I just got lightheaded or something. I just took a quick nap to ease down."

"Sweet, man."

Ding.

Will slipped through the small gap as the doors slowly opened. He couldn't stand the confined space or the conversation any longer.

Zack contently trailed behind, pulling out his wallet and extracting the room key from it.

Will tensed.

Zack pushed through the door, flipping on the lights as he went. "God dang, it's cold in here, too."

Will nodded, slamming the door shut behind him.