chapter 19 : happily ever after

authors note,

play the song attached when it says to , if you can't see it its talking to the moon - bruno mars 

It was finally the morning of the wedding , Aria, Vic and I started getting done pretty early and it was now time for me to finally put the dress on .

Aria and Vic both chose very simple dresses for their bridesmaids gowns , both the same colour but different styles and it suited each of them beautifully.

They helped me slip into the dress and I finally got to see the whole look , make up , hair , shoes and dress all together and I was honestly in love with how I looked.

The dress fit perfectly, even a bit better than it did when I tried it on the first time . It was simple , beautifully detailed and even a little bit sexy. It was me in a dress and I was beyond happy .

"You look beautiful" I heard Vic say and I turned around to see her near tears . "Ah C'mon no crying , it's a beautiful day" I said , "I'm just so happy for you" she said before hugging me .

Just then a knock sounded on the door and it opened revealing Alejandro in a sleek black suit . "Wow" he said taking all of our appearances in but stopping on vic . "Just wanted to let you know we're ready when you guys are," he said before smirking at vic again . "Wow" he added again before leaving .

We all just laughed but vic had slowly turned into a very unflattering shade of red which just made the whole situation funnier.

"Let's go ladies" I said and we all slowly made our way to the chapel.

My grandfather joined me behind the doors ready to walk me down the aisle and give me away. "You look beautiful poppie," he said, sounding as if he may cry too. "Ahhh Gerald no , you can't cry cause then I'm going to cry'' I laughed trying to hold my own tears back.

Soon the music started , the doors opened and we started walking , the venue was filled with my family and friends and it all seemed so perfect.

I looked up and my eyes met Mattia's. I felt my heart leap as I took in his stunning appearance, I mean I'd seen him in suits before , but something about how he looked right now he was more handsome than I'd ever seen before .

I watched as he seemed to hold back tears which only reminded me of our conversation yesterday ..

"Mattia polibio if you don't cry when I walk down the aisle I'm turning around and walking again" I said and he laughed , "baby you're going to look so beautiful I know I will" he said rolling his eyes .

I smiled lightly not wanting to laugh in what was supposed to be a serious situation. I soon arrived at the altar and gave my flowers to vic.

As I turned to hold Mattia's hands I caught a glimpse of mine and Mattia's mom huddling together crying .

"Hi baby you look so gorgeous" he said softly so that only I could hear. A blush crept up my cheeks at his words.

"We are gathered here today to join the two in holy matrimony," the priest spoke .

The whole service proceeded beautifully until it was time for the vows.

Mattia being the person he was said his perfectly :

"Hannah , I promise from this day forward to hold you as the most important person in my life. I promise to be your pillar of strength as well as your shoulder to cry on whenever you need it . I promise to cherish and love you for all the days of our lives and I promise to never , ever take you for granted again. You are my best friend and I'm so grateful to have be blessed with you , I love you"

And just like that I was crying , before I could even attempt to speak this man had brought me to tears.

"I knew I should've gone first" I said causing the everyone to chuckle . "Mattia , from the day we first met , I felt enterally grateful to have someone like you in my life , you have become one of the most important if not the most important person in my life and I know that'll never change. I promise to be there to support and love you through any difficult times you or we may face . I promise to love you unconditionally no matter how much you irritate me and I promise to never , ever take you for granted ." I said

"Mattia, do you take Hannah to be your lawfully wedded wife ?" The priest asked

"I do"

"Hannah, do you take Mattia to be your lawfully wedded husband?" He asked me

"I do"

"Then with the power vested in me , I now pronounce you husband and wife , Mattia you may now kiss the bride" he said .

In one swift movement , Mattia had wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me in for a kiss . I could help but smile into the kiss which just caused him to laugh . "I love you so much baby" I said , "mmhm I love you more" he said before taking my hand and walking out the church to cheers from our family and friends.

***

It was now time for the wedding reception which was everything but calm , between you and Mattia and your families it was extremely chaotic.

"I now present to you Mr and Mrs Polibio" the DJ announced as you two entered the reception hall.

"We will now have the first dance," he said again.

*play song now*

Everyone cleared the dance floor as you and Mattia got into position.

Before your wedding day you two quickly decided against learning a proper slow dancing routine and went with just doing whatever felt right in the moment.

And now you stood swaying with your arms around mattia's neck and his around your waist.

The music flowed through the speakers and you two quickly giggled at the memories behind the song.

"So how does it feel ? You know, to finally be my wife, ''Mattia asked me . I smiled before looking up at him , " weird I'm not going to lie , especially thinking back at everything we've been through I'm beyond happy we made it here today" i said and he smiled back at me.

"Thank you for sticking by me through everything , and believing in me" he said to me , "I'll always be here baby , I know you'll always be here for me too" i replied and he planted a kiss on my lips .

He slowly spun me around and then dipped me lightly as the song proceeded. Slowly ale and vic joined in and then Kairi and aria . Soon enough quite a few people had joined in now.

It was truly everything you had envisioned for this moment , with this boy , who you loved beyond any measure .. all thanks to the chance of being a foreign exchange student.

Authors note , 

Its been months and honestly I never thought id actually be ablate finish this story but here you all go .

In honour of mattia's 18th birthday I decided to finish the series finally .

This is the official end until further notice , I might come back again in a few months to write an epilogue but I'm not promising anything .

thank you so much to everyone who has take the time to read and re-read this series , I am truly so grateful for each and everyone of you. Thank you for your patience with my to finish this story .

and for the last time ...

I love you all,

-Han 

A Foreign exchange 3जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें