chapter 5 : this could be a problem

vic and taylor got up running to greet her and so did all the boys, mattia moving slightly slower than the rest of them . aria sat looking at her too before turning to me , i motioned for her to sit closer.

"who's that " i asked lowly , "uhm that's kelsey " she said her voice sounded worried , "yes i heard that but who is she and why does everyone know her ?" i asked . i aria looked over at the group and saw kairi hugging her and shot me a worried expression, she sighed "uhm she used to go to school here she left in our sophomore year " she said . "why do i feel like there's something you're not telling me " i asked . "she basically had a thing with all of the guys , even josh diaz , and she's also the reason kairi and mattia almost stopped being friends " she said and my jaw dropped , "is that why mattia doesn't like josh " i asked , "uhm not exactly , look i don't know the proper stories because i wasn't close with everyone then it's just the rumors i heard " she said before moving back to her seat .

mattia's pov

i reluctantly got up from my seat to go greet her , it's be almost 5 years since i've seen her .

"mattia " she said smiling at me after hugging kairi , "oh so you do remember, figured you forgot since we never spoke after you left " i snapped . everyone moved back to their seats as soon as the words left my mouth . i knew i had to explain all this to hannah soon but right now i needed answers for myself .

"awh it's not like that matti" she said pouting , "don't i get a hug , i haven't seen you in 5 years " she added before embracing me in a hug . fuck , nothing else could be worse right now that kelsey being back . i returned the hug , flashbacks from her leaving flooding my mind . "i'll explain everything later i promise but first introduce me to her " she said gesturing to hannah who was sitting at the table trying very hard to look unbothered .

hannah looked up at me and i gestured for her to come over , she walked over slowly . "baby this is kelsey , uhh she's a friend that used to go to school here a year before you got here , kels this is hannah my .. " i said , "fiancé " kelsey said finishing my sentence . hannah seemed taken aback but was trying to be polite . "it's nice to meet you " she said , "you too " kelsey said shaking her hand .

we all went to sit down and every was talking catching up , i leaned down to hannah , "i'll explain everything at home i promise " she just shot me a look before sighing and nodding.

***

"so you wanna explain what happened and why you're back " i asked kelsey just as we were walking out , "uhm i knew you and gianna has started talking and i started dating kio so i just didn't think it was a good idea " she said , "wait kio ? kio cyr ? he was down here in jersey a couple times and i never even knew " i asked . "yea i know i told him not to mention me " she said , "so why come back now " i asked getting annoyed . "matti can't we talk about this another time please " she said , "kelsey i don't think that's a good idea " i said looking at hannah who was standing and talking to aria . "please " she begged , "fine " i said and she smiled before hugging me .

i walked over to hannah and aria , "you ready to go " i asked looking down at her and she didn't look at me but just said bye to aria and got into the car .

" i know it looks bad but i promise i can explain " i said , "okay babe " she said lowly just looking out the window , "are you upset " i asked expecting more of a reaction , "i'll wait to hear you out before i answer that " she said .

***

we got home and hannah changed into shorts and a t-shirt before sitting on the bed next to me .