Chapter 34

:Flashback:

It was a bright day in the underwater kingdom of Andross,17 years ago. King Nereus and Princess Tressa were relaxing after a tiring royal ceremony. Those days were kinda good. As the CL had just finished a war against the Trix and Tritanus and they lost. They were too weak to fight back so they found it better to hide themselves and prepare for the next battle. Their situation was too bad to even talk about. Though the company of light continuously tried to track them down and settle the battle with them, once and for all. It was a day of sunshine when Tressa came to know about an interesting news. That her wicked sister-in-law, Icy, was pregnant with her brother's child.

Tressa was intelligent and sensible. She didn't break the news to anyone as it was an important day for her kingdom. Her brother, King Nereus was getting married. Their father was no more and Tressa didn't want her mother to get all excited about the news. At the end, Tritanus was her son and he was going to be a father, and she a grandmother. So she decided to remain quiet for the next few days.

But the wedding didn't happen; the would-be bride disclosed a bitter truth about Nereus and eventually left the ceremony. Queen Ligea couldn't take that and she became seriously ill. Suddenly the happy environment turned into a tensed and sad one. At that situation, Tressa told her mother and brother that the heir of the throne is coming. They were happy and sad both at the same time, both for obvious reasons.

The unborn child was now worth more because it was proven that Nereus couldn't be a father. The reason why his bride left and mother got sick. And Tressa couldn't get married because her boyfriend left her saying he can't just spend the whole of his life under water, leaving her heartbroken. So Tritanus's child was the only way they could have a baby in the royal family.

But getting the child wasn't going to be easy. Tressa alone was not enough to fight even the weaker trix. She could ask for help from the Winx and help them by tracing the trix's location, but she didn't want to involve too many people. So she thought of a different way out. Tressa was friends with a well known wizard of Andross. That wizard and his family agreed to help her out. They waited for 9 months and then when Icy delivered the baby, she was already too weak. Tressa attacked them with the wizards silently and created an illusion. They took the baby and in place of that they kept an illusion of a dead child. They casted spells for making them feel dizzy so that the trix and Tritanus couldn't remember anything about their baby.

Tressa thought it was too easy and her decision of not involving too many people was just right. She took the baby boy in her arms for the first time and noticed he had crystal eyes and navy hair, just like his father. Tressa was so happy that she danced all around the palace holding the baby. Nereus named him- Prince Zeo of Underwater Andross. Queen Ligea was recovering after seeing the face of her grandson. Three of them decided they won't tell this to anyone. Not even to their Cousin Princess Aisha. They kept the baby hidden and baby Zeo was being brought up by his Uncle, Aunt and Grandmother.

But happiness didn't last for too long. Situation started changing way too sooner than they could imagine. The Trix started attacking all over again and Tressa and Nereus didn't feel it safe keeping Zeo with them. Though absolutely nobody knew about his existence, they couldn't be sure. Fighting within themselves, and after long discussions, they decided to hand him over to a good foster family. For a better future Zeo deserved, the Wizard Family that helped Tressa, agreed to adopt Zeo. On a good day with broken heart, Nereus handed 1 YO Zeo to his foster parents. And took a promise that He'd never know his identity any sooner.

:End of Flashback:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------