author's note - may 2021

Hi everyone!!! somehow, over the past months, my story Far From Home has kind of exploded???? and firstly, i just want to say thank you <33 it means the world to me. seriously thank you to everyone who's read it and upvoted it, and mostly a big thanks to those who have commented!! (wow i would kill it at the oscars, huh? lol)

FFH was my first story of this length, and the first fic that i wouldn't let die in a dumpster fire haha, but it doesn't mean its perfect. far from it ;) the comments made me really comprehend that it could definitely be better. not just cringe-factor wise, but overall inclusiveness for you all, the amazing readers. 

back in 2018 (how has it been that long already?) i had not really been apart of the fic writing community, i just wrote, posted my stuff and disappeared heh, so i was hardly aware of the things that could possibly exclude people from a self-insert story like FFH. and while i did TRY, i just had no idea of how to really do it. f.e. I had no idea that blushing wasn't something that occurred on all skintypes??? and other things like this- i just didn't know.

but i do now. writing should be a learning experience, i think. and over the past years I've definitely learned. i had also moved on from this story and that's why i never had really bothered to take a second look at it (the cringe is too much), but now i feel like it's time to dust it off and do some serious rewrites/edits :) which i am planning to do this summer when the school term is over!! 
xx Z

tl;dr- I'm white and dumb, but now hopefully a bit less dumb (still white tho), so I'm planning on rewriting my oldest fic (Far From Home aka this one) so its bit better and just more inclusive to all <3

(p.s. - maybe this is a bit overly dramatic, but i had seen the comments in my story and it really bothered me, because i want my fics, to be an escape for anyone who needs it and i really mean everyone and i just know i can do better, ya know :/ so imma try and do better)