43 - Tom

Tom ran up to Cate. She looked pissed, as usual when he wondered of still in the suit. "I'm so sorry." by now he said it automatically. He wasn't even that sorry. He was more angry about the fact that he got interrupted while he was trying to talk to (Y/N). He was about to say something really important and the moment was completely ruined!

Then his mind started to wander off to what she had said. Was Harry actually getting her a birthday present? He should get her something too.

"Uhum." Tom's thoughts were suddenly undercut by Cate. She was still trying to get him out of the suit and all the extras surrounding it. She was looking at him waiting. Like he was supposed to do something... which he was!

"Oh, sorry." He put his hands up in the air so she could remove the last items of fabric.

"Is everything ok? You seem a bit out of it today. Was it the whole rope thing? That freaked me out too. I can only imagine how you feel..." She went on talking and, as much as he wanted to listen to her, Tom barely heard a word. He was still too occupied with (Y/N). He thought he was ready to have the conversation with her, yet now he wasn't sure anymore. He took the few minutes he could to really think about what he wanted to say.

I love you - too much.
I like you - what am I? 12?
I want to be with you. But what if she doesn't want to be with me?

This inner dialogue lasted for a while. Tom knew that whatever he said, chances were that she could react negatively to each and every one possible thing he said. It freaked him out.

"Well, you're free to go now." Cate gave him the good-to-go sign. He was about to run back to (Y/N) when she stopped him again. "Aren't you forgetting something?" She laughed. Tom then felt a cold breeze and his whole body covered in goosebumps. He was only wearing underwear... and a thong for that matter.

"Right. Where are my clothes?" Cate looked around.

"I don't think you brought any here."

"Aw shit." He groaned and ran off to his trailer. This was unfortunately almost on the other side of the set. He cursed himself out for not having any clothes nearby. He tried to block out all the strange looks he got from the cast and crew. He just hoped (Y/N) wouldn't see him like this. He didn't need any more embarrassment.

He was only a few meters away from his trailer when the door of it opened. He stopped in his tracks, almost bumping into it. Behind the door stood (Y/N), of course. She was holding a pile of, what he could only assume were, his clothes. She widened her eyes in shock and started laughing out loud the moment her eyes caught the sight of him.

"Did you walk all the way up here, wearing that?" She asked while handing him the clothes.

"Yes, do you mind?" He wanted to get into some decent clothes as soon as possible. Still laughing, she passed him on the small steps of the trailer and let him in. In lightning speed, he got dressed and tried to make himself half-decent looking. Taking a few deep breaths to calm himself down, he opened the door. (Y/N) was fortunately still out there, looking at her phone, right next to the entrance of his trailer. Tom wondered if it was again one of his brothers who she was talking too. She clearly didn't think it was a big deal to tell him, so he decided against asking her about it. If she wanted to, she probably would tell him herself.

"Hey," she smiled when looking up from her screen, "Ready to head out?"

"Uh, yeah. I just... have you, by any chance, seen my phone?" Right when he asked, she pulled it out of her bag.

"Yes, and your wallet and your keys." She threw him the phone which he caught easily. As he walked down the steps he subconsciously said: "Thanks, love." and gave her a kiss on the cheek. Without any further thought, he kept on walking. Only a few feet later did he actually comprehend what he had done and turned around. (Y/N) was still standing there, completely frozen. They just stared at each other.

"Uhm... I mean..." Tom mumbled out, eyes still wide open.