66 - y/n

You looked into the small box. A beautiful brooch was looking straight at you. The choice of the subject made it clear it could only have been Tom who chose this for you. It was a spider. The body was made out of two big, clear reflecting stones. Was it diamonds? He wouldn't be that crazy to give you that, right? The legs were also encrusted with smaller gems. It was probably the prettiest piece of jewelry you have ever held in your hand, or even seen for that matter.

"Because I love you, and with this, I can show everyone that you are finally mine," Tom answered your question, which you had almost forgotten, even though it had only been seconds, as you were looking at the brooch. You didn't ask him if these were diamonds. You weren't sure if you could handle to know that. Instead, you asked what any other person would do if handed something like this: "Is this a proposal? Because Tom, I love you, but I'm not -"

"Don't worry, me neither." he smiled. You smiled back. It definitely meant something if he knew what your thinking without you actually telling him. "You don't even have to wear it. I just wanted you to have it."

"Oh, I will wear it, don't you worry, Thomas." you pulled it out of the box to get a closer look. Still not wanting to know the materials. It wasn't necessary. No materialistic value would even compete with how much it was worth to you after what Tom said to you.

"Here, let me help you put it on." You handed him the spider and watched his face as he carefully clipped it into your dress. The focus in his eyes was undeniable.