41 - Tom

Tom followed Zendaya. He could feel (Y/N) walk behind him. At least a meter in between them. He had the very strong urge to just grab her hand but fought against it. Even though she had kissed him back, he had a feeling she didn't want this. Something felt off.

She stayed behind him, all the way until they were standing in the back of the crowd in front of the big screen that could instantly replay the before recorded scenes. Even before they reached it, he could see the shape of himself holding (Y/N). He wondered if he would have to do it again. Would she do it again? Was she crazy enough to go through all of that again? He doubted it.

"There you are!" Jon looked extremely excited. So, probably the shots did turn out good. "Great. You have to see this." he almost pushed Tom onto the screen. When Jon saw (Y/N) still standing in the back of the crowd, he pulled her forward too. He then yelled out to one of the operators to play the footage. The images had to be replaced as it had already been watched. Tom could feel her hand grips his tightly. He looked down and then at her, giving a gentle smile. She didn't see it, being too occupied by what was in front of them. Then, suddenly, she gasped and squeezed his arm even tighter. There were some more reaction behind them and everyone cheered. Tom realized he had missed all of it. He knew it was something really great because some people even started to applaud and someone yelled out: "Again!" The scene was replayed. Tom took this chance to actually look at the screen. It started at the beginning. A camera was pointed at (Y/N) she looked up, her eyes suddenly widened and (even though, the audio was off,) she was clearly screaming. The shot changed and Tom saw himself sling off into the air. He couldn't help himself but think that the take-off was slightly wonky.

He was flying through the air, holding onto the rope which later on would be changed into the web. Another camera change: he saw how he picked her up. Her arms tightly around his neck, just like she had done when they kissed. His one free arm was holding on to her back. They were up in the air again. A camera was zoomed in on him. Then, the rope broke and she started to fall. Tom only now saw how last second the catch actually was. It scared him to think he could have almost dropped her. They weren't that high up, but a drop like that could have really hurt her.

A camera with a wide shot showed how he held onto her. He could see all his muscles working on not dropping her, while still holding on to that stupid web-rope. Why didn't he just drop it? His harness would have had held him. He could have easily held on to her with both hands. Such an idiot.
Then they were lowered down and the camera's turned off. A breath he didn't even know he was holding, was released. There was another wave of applause, this time a bit smaller. Tom looked at (Y/N) again, who was still looking at the screen, somewhat mesmerized in what she just saw. There was a smile on her face. Eventually, she said: "Wow."

"This was some great work, guys," Jon said. People around them agreed. Tom sensed a bit of anger boiling up in himself. She could have gotten really injured, yet this was all everyone could think about.

"How you stayed in your characters while all of it was going on. It turned out better than anyone here could have hoped for!" Tom wanted to say something. Did nobody care about her? But then, she was the one to speak before him. "It does look great, doesn't it?" she was speaking to him, with an actual smile.

"Uh, yeah." he smiled back. He turned around to Jon again: "Are you gonna use it?"

"If it's okay with you guys? Everyone will understand if you don't want to." Although he sounded ok with it, Tom was sure that internally, Jon was pleading with them. It was some great action shots that they were talking about.

"Yeah, why not. Do we have to re-shoot anything?" she sounded so confident and happy. Barely as if she was almost in a horrible on-set accident.

"No re-shoots. Just maybe a landing shot. Nothing up in the air anymore." Jon assured. She seemed to be all up for it.

"Are you sure?" Tom asked her when she was getting ready to film again.
"Yes," was the only thing she responded with.