19 - Tom

A silence interrupted the phone call when neither of them knew what to say. Tom slowly zoned out, staring at the wall in front of him, trying to think of something to say. There had been something else he was supposed to mention, wasn't there? He felt like there was. He had called so many people that afternoon, though; it was all getting a bit blurry. But no, surely, he had covered all the basics. Everything necessary that needed to be said was said. If it had been more critical, he would have remembered it.

"Uhm, ok, I won't keep you longer, then." He said, blinking slowly. y/n did the same, probably having zoned out a bit during their silent period.

"Mm, mhm," she cleared her throat, "just one more thing, to be clear, what time should I be there, at your place?"

"Oh, yes," was that it? "Can you be here at like... let's say, seven? I know it's early, but-"

"No, no problem. I'll be there." She said with a smile.

"Great, just ring the doorbell, and we can have breakfast." He said it before thinking and then realized maybe it hadn't been the best idea to suggest? Would she think he was too friendly, not professional? He thought about how he had breakfast, and other meals with his coworkers- Jacob, Zendaya, even Robert, but those were basically his mates. Could he have the same kind of relationship with his assistant? Why was this so hard to figure out?

"That sounds nice, sure," she said, and now Tom knew he had definitely been keeping her for too long with that phone call. She had a dinner to eat, and it was getting later and later by the minute.

"Well, that's the plan, then. See you Thursday."

"'Til Thursday," she said, "but if there is anything you need me to do before, just let me know," she then added. Tom thought about it for a second and couldn't think of anything he'd need from her the next day. Besides, it would be her last day off before production would properly set off, which was always a hectic time; he'd feel bad for taking that away from her.

"Yeah, see you Thursday," Tom said. He could see by the movements on his screen that she was about to end the call and- bursting like a popped balloon- Tom shouted out a "wait!" stopping her in her movements. Immediately after that happened, he froze, staring at his screen as y/n looked confused at him. She blinked, most likely awaiting a follow up from that outburst.

"Uhh, I just-" yeah, what did he just? "I just wanted to say...." Well, what did he want to say exactly? The longer it took him to come up with a word, the worse he was making this entire situation.

"Just wanted to say goodnight! I hope you sleep well. Enjoy your dinner!"

"You too...?" She was most definitely confused about the whole thing. Tom could tell by the way she questioned her response. She had no idea what had just happened, and in all honesty, neither did Tom. He quickly hung up before she could say anything, but more importantly, before he could say something else and make it even worse. He couldn't have just said "goodnight" or "enjoy your dinner" no, he had to push out all the possible responses incoherently, basically throwing them at her, without any kind of reason.

He could already imagine y/n sitting at her table, laughing her butt off at how moronic he was.

What the Hell had he been thinking? What was it even that he wanted to tell her when he stopped her from ending that call?

Oh, hey, by the way, I know none of them had actually met you or seen us talking to each other, but all my friends think I'm in love with you. Haha, isn't that hilarious? No, that would probably get him a restraining order, Jesus. Well, it was good to know that it all could have gone even deeper into Hell than that Tom had dragged it to.

Tom let his phone fall onto his bed as he started walking around his room. His hair was still wet and left tiny droplets of water around on the carpet after his steps.

"In love" would be too much, anyway, he thought. It really would be. It would be absolutely ridiculous, impossible, that's what it would be. There was no way- if anything, it would, maybe, be a little crush. And that was already a far reach.

Everyone was just getting into his head, leaving behind their little dumb comments, just for him to ponder over and spiral into these strange tunnels.

There was just no way he could have a crush on a girl he had just met.

Frustrated from all the thinking, he jumped into his bed, face-first into a pillow. Umph. It hit him harder and with more force than expected.

There was just no way he was catching feelings. No way...

Or was there?