55 - Tom

"Sorry, guy, I have to get this." Her voice sounded much different from when she had asked Harrison about his stay just seconds ago. It was much colder. A bit sad. Tom wondered what happened to her mood. The guys were still joking around, so what was it that made her change so suddenly.

She walked away. The way she walked in, made it look like she wanted to leave the room fast. Not because she wanted to answer the call, but because she actually wanted to leave. It was something in her posture that gave it away. Tom had no idea how he knew it. Just assuming he just got to know her pretty well over the last months.

It was quiet in the kitchen for a moment, then her voice sounded from the hallway: "What? No!"

"What was that?" Harry asked, finally getting himself something to drink that had no alcohol in it.

"I don't know," Tom answered honestly. He looked at Sam, who was the one sitting closest to (Y/N) before she left. "Did you see who called her?"

"I think it was her mum." He shrugged. Tom immediately started to freak out. Her mom barely called her. They mainly spoke over text. If she called, it could only mean that something bad had happened. Thousands of scenarios filled his head until another sound came from where she was. It was a pitched squeal. He recognized it from whenever she was really excited about something. Maybe it wasn't bad news after all. Maybe her family won the lottery.

He was ready to see a happy and beaming (Y/N), but when she came back into the kitchen, she looked as cold as when she walked out. So, no lottery.

"Hey, what happened? Who was that?" he asked full of concern.

"It was my mom." she sat back down next to Sam. there weren't a lot of emotions in her voice, so it was hard for Tom to pick out the situation.

"Is she ok?" He tried again.

"Everything is fine." She had said it with a relaxed tone. A bit too fake for Tom's liking. He knew that something was bothering her, but she was probably not comfortable talking about it in front of the rest. He decided to try to ask her about it later. When they would be alone.