chapter 5

-Lucian's POV- 

I was absolutely exhausted, all this training to become king was taking its toll. The training was finally completed and today was the day that I would finally become king along with Eddie. We had also been training alongside my childhood friends Cameron, Zach, Gracie, and Charlie who were in training to become betas, gammas, and deltas. Cameron was Ronnies son and was taking over once I became king. Zach was the son of Beta Alex while Gracie was the daughter of Jolene and  Charlie was the son of Siena. I Had spent my childhood growing up with them until I went to attend the hybrid school. 

"What you thinking about hun" Eddie groaned as he rolled over pulling me into his chest his deep voice sending shivers cascading down my spine. 

"The coronation" I mumbled turning in his arms so I could snuggle into his chest.

"Are you worried?" Came his reply as he lifted my chin in order to look him in the eyes.

"A little bit" I admitted as I stared into his eyes, the smoldering intensity had me entranced in his gaze. 

"This is your birthright, Luci, your parents believe in you and so do I. Now let us rise and greet the day with a flight and arrive at the coronation in style" Eddie spoke the pride in his voice helping my confidence. 

"Your right, today is the day I become a king in my own right, the future is ours to protect now" I stated as I got from the bed to walk over to my balcony. 

As I pushed the doors open Fang rose in my mind at the prospect of a flight, my shift was feeling the nervousness of our crowning as well. I knew Eddie and his shift Arrow were nervous as well but he was trying to be strong for me and it made me fall for him even more. The mate bond gets things started but the feelings of love grow from there. 

"I will see you in the sky" Eddie chuckled as he raced over the balcony shifting in an instant and with a beat of his mighty wings he was airborne. 

Shaking my head I quickly rid myself of my sleepwear, following after my mate I jumped shifting as I went, and just before I could hit the ground I spread my wings in a downward thrust creating enough momentum to quickly rise into the air. 

"I am so glad we can fly" Fang growled in appreciation in my mind as I barrel-rolled through the sky only to bump into Eddie, who playfully shoved me before he climbed higher. 

"Me too" I agreed as I pushed further into the sky chasing after Eddie my tongue lulling out of my mouth in joy. 

I loved flying, it felt freeing, and to know that I could fly for hours and never be exhausted often helped when I needed space away from school. But I would be a king at the end of the day the fate of werewolves and dragon-shifters would now be mine to bear until I passed on the title to my own future offspring. Though I knew Eddie would be by my side through it all. 

"That's right hun, I will rule with you for as long as it is our time" Eddie huffed fiercely Arrow making his voice gruffer as the dragon tried to take over. 

"I know" I agreed yipping happily as he brought his scaled head down to rub over my furred one. 

Our flight took us over the whole territory, watching as wolves and dragons prepared the ceremony, I spotted my dads welcoming the rulers of the other kingdoms. I Was told that we were to appear shifted at the start of the ceremony to show the power of the new kings before shifting and putting on the royal robes.  The closer the time came the more I had to rely on Eddie's strength to take away my nervousness. 

"It's time to make your arrival, Lucian, Edward" My father stated in the mind link the power still rippling from his voice in the open link. 

"Yes, father" I agreed before diving down into the clearing they had measured to make sure both our shifts would fit.

Landing on the platform first I huffed smoke coming out of my nostrils as I peered down at the other clan's rulers and representatives from each of the werewolf packs. As Edward landed beside me all heads shot up in awe and some in envy. 

"Please welcome, Prince Lucian Firestone and his mate Edward Cambell, we are here today to crown them as the new and rightful kings of both the werewolf and Dragon kingdoms" My dad Cody announced the dominance and power in his voice never wavering. 

"Now please shift so that the transferal of power may be completed" My papa Chase spoke gesturing to two wolves that held out the royal robes.

Shifting quickly the robes were wrapped on us and pulled taught at the front. They were made of thick but comfortable and breathable fabric. Looking at Eddie I gave a nervous smile to which he grinned and sent reassurance to me over our strengthing bond. 

"Please kneel in order to be crowned" My father boomed at which we both knelt to the former kings as they placed the crowns on our heads. 

The Weight of the crowns was one we would have to become accustomed to when we entertained quests and went to any meetings between species. 

"Please stand for the transferal of power" Papa spoke as he handed both of us a ceremonial dagger. 

They slashed their palms when I did and the mixing of the blood signified the transferal of power down the bloodline for my papa and dad. Father however was transferring his power to Edward. It was tense as the two dragons did the exchange of power but as soon as that connection snapped into place I felt the power crash into me like a tidal wave. Though I gritted my teeth and stood still my eyes probably shone in dominance as not a single werewolf or dragon could raise their heads as their animals recognised their new rulers. 

"Ladies and gentlemen, creatures of all descriptions I Give you the Hybrid KIngs of both the werewolf and dragon kingdoms" my dad announced bowing to me and Eddie. 

The cheers that sounded were deafening. We were kings now in charge of two merged kingdoms. With the moon only a few days away I didn't know what the next days might bring, but I knew this. There were no objections to our crowing, I had no idea what the future would hold but I'd like to think that our rein would be a peaceful one of growth.