Chapter 8

-Lucian's POV-

My wrist ached as I finally finished the mountain of paperwork that was on my desk, I'm glad Eddie will be helping from now on though, I may also rope Cameron into doing his fair share too. At that thought, a grin broke out onto my face knowing the beta hated paperwork even more than his predecessor. 

"Boring paperwork done, fly now" Fang yipped in my mind startling me from my thoughts. 

"I wish we had time but we have a few meetings today, tomorrow I promise" I reasoned with my beast.

"Fine but you better keep your promise" Fang huffed stretching his wings in my mind's eye. 

Getting up from my chair I stretched out my muscles and checked over my itinerary. First was a lunch meeting with the new Alpha of the Fennik pack and her mate. I had met the Fenniks several times when I was young if I remember correctly it's their oldest daughter Heather who received her father's position. Next was a castle tour to a vampire dignitary who was staying for a few days to develop good relations. The third was an information exchange with a weretiger prince who thought his mate may be here. And Finally the evening training demonstration of our warriors. 

"Luci, Luci, Lucian" A voice called causing me to strike out only to be stopped by my smirking sister. 

"Tori, I could have hurt you, you know better than to sneak up on someone" I chastised though her smile just widened. 

"I knocked and called your name repeatedly what you thinking so hard about" Victoria brushed of my comment before asking her question. 

"It's just I never knew our parents went through this struggle of meetings and paperwork day in and day out and looked after all of us at the same time" I sighed remembering the drained look they would often have when spending time with us but they would always smile. 

"Why not delegate, give me two of the tasks you are supposed to do today and I will complete them and then report back" Victoria offered, offering her hand for me to shake in a deal. 

"You should take the deal sweetheart" Eddie spoke as he entered the office causing electricity to shoot across my skin at his mere presence. 

"Fine then, Can you meet with the Vampire dignitary in my place and show him to his quarters and advise him on our hunting rules. I would also like you to conduct the information exchange with the weretiger prince who is looking for his mate" I caved giving her some of the work and as I did weight on my shoulders lifted. 

"Yes My king I will complete both tasks befitting of the Firestone name" Victoria sated all professional but then she cracked giggling like no one was watching. 

"Ha Ha very funny, here is a copy of the schedule don't forget my reports" I spoke handing her the paper with all the meeting times on. 

"Then I shall take my leave, you should go now if you don't want to keep the new Alpha of the Fennik pack waiting" Victoria laughed as she left the room. 

That sister of mine is always around and jovial, never malicious and happy to help if she can. I'm glad that she is at my side as I learn about the duties of a king and that I can delegate tasks sometimes. 

"She is right, we should take our leave, the Fenniks are waiting" Edward Spoke his voice deep and soothing for my soul. 

"Lead the way, my love" I responded as he laced our hands together. 

I let Eddie lead us to where we needed to be so I could give my mind a break. We entered the guest lunch room in five minutes. We were on time. Heather Fennik was there with her mate. She had the same dark brown hair and forest green eyes from when we were kids. She was tall though and clearly took more after her father than her mother. Her mate was a gangly man, tall and skinny the muscle mass normally seen on a scout or a tracker. His dirty blonde hair contrasted sharply with his clear blue eyes. 

"We Greet, King Lucian Firestone and his mate King Edward Firestone," Heather said as she stood and bowed towards us her mate following suit and doing the same. 

"You may be seated, we greet Alpha Heather and her mate from the Fennik pack," I said as Edward and I sat across from them. 

After our introductions, food was promptly served by the maids and butlers in the room. Steak was on the menu today, medium rare served with peas and chips. A bottle of red wine was served as well though Fang refused to let me drink any so I asked for water. As we ate our meal we discussed our continued treaty. I also learned that her mate was called Luke and was indeed a scout. As the meeting ended we wished them well in their life together as well as wishing for the wellbeing of the Fennik pack. 

After our lunch meeting I spent time with Edward in the louge room taking a load off. When it was finally time to go to the training demonstration we kitted up in work out clothes. The demonstation went of without a hitch and both myself and Edward managed to work up a nice sweat while proving that we were the strongest shifters that were in the kingdom. Especially Edward who had a third natured shift. All in all it was a hectic day doing royal duties. 

***********************************

A few weeks later I was getting out of my morning shower when a wave of nauesure passed over me, jumping towards the toilet I threw up my super from the previous night. My stomach and throat burning until I had nothing left to throw up. Somewhere in the process of throwing up Eddie had entered the bathroom and started rubbing my back in soothing circles while whispering sweet nothings in my ear. 

"Are you alright honey" Eddie asked his voice laced with concern after I finally finished throwing up. 

"I think so I just got a little nauseous thats all" I responded with a weak smile as I stood and flush the toilet before going to brush my teeth. 

"We are with offspring" Fang growled happily in my mind before retreating again.

"Are you sure, that was quite an episode for just a little nausesure" Eddie prodded as he wrapped his arms around my waist and buried his nose into the crook of my neck. 

"I'm pregnant Eddie" I spoke.