Chapter 12

-Lucian's POV-

I glared at Eddie from across the training field, he had forbidden me from taking part in training saying it wasn't the best Idea when pregnant. So I had Clark bring me a punching bag and I was punching away my frustration. I knew it was dangerous and I knew I had to sit out but my pregnancy hormones were driving me crazy, with the cravings and the mood swings. 

"King Lucian, Perhaps we should leave Eddie to his training and we can talk King to Queen" Eddies sister Queen Willow asked as she held out a bottle of water to me. 

"What about your mates," I asked as I gratefully took the water drinking from the bottle readily as I hadn't realised how thirsty I was. 

"They have been called Over by Eddie" Willow giggled as she waved behind me only to flinch as Eddie landed a punch on Samuel as he wasn't paying attention. 

"He did say that they needed to be reminded never to hurt you" I grinned as I turned just in time to see Crow land a kick on Eddie before the demon was knocked away by a stronger kick as Eddie's legs were longer. 

"In any case let us go get something to eat" Willow offered, laughing as my stomach answered for me with a loud rumble. 

"That is the best thing someone has said to me all day. To food, we go" I agreed and then we were walking away from the training grounds 

I followed Willow to the kitchen where several of the cookies were making different dishes for dinner. Grabbing a large helping of mac n' cheese with several slices of buttered toast I found a place to sit in the smaller of our dining halls with Willow on my heels. Sitting down I felt my mouth flood with drool as fang whined in my mind. 

"Eat" My wolf-dragon urged.

"I am" I replied as I started my meal with Willow sitting opposite me. 

"So Lucian, how is my brother as your king," Willow asked as she ate from a bowl of nuts and fruits. 

"He is brilliant, I couldn't ask for a better mate and the other king of my kingdom" I gushed my previous annoyance at him not letting me participate in training completely gone and replaced with how much I loved him. 

"I'm very happy to hear that. I know my younger brother can be a bit of a hardass sometimes" Willow stated with a chortle. Her laugh was light and airy and had the ability to lift your spirit or at least it seemed that way to me. 

"He's a sweetheart really" I defended my cheeks reddening as Willow gave me a sly look. 

I knew what she was doing and I fell for it. 

"Haha, she caught you like a fish on a hook" Fang chuckled his wings fighting in my mind's eye. 

I growled back at him for the jibe though the grin on my face never faltered. I liked this Queen she was refreshing after the countless older kings and queens of the various kingdoms that had not yet stepped down. 

"Anyhow, your uniquely golden eyes cut a sharp gaze" Willow stated continuing our conversation. 

"I have been told. And I suppose your white-blonde and black hair split is unique to those born an angel and demon both" I added as both she and Eddie had such unusual hair the same as their mother. 

"Yes it is, several in our kingdom have some form of mixing of light and dark hair but it has been more striking with our family" Willow explained a grin on her lips. 

"I've seen Eddie's feathered wings, I assume yours and your mothers are the same too," I asked as I finished the last of my meal as the last of my annoyance at Eddie ebbed away and the wall I had put between our minds crumbled.