Mutual Distaste

From the first hits of sunlight dripping in, the first rays of a rising sun, Chuuya knew today was going to be one of those days. A day cold, wet and uncomfortable. The kind of day he happened to despise, not because these stuffy, humid, and wet days messed with his hair, but because it kept him inside. He hated staying inside, but he also couldn't stand being sick.

Thanks to his poor immune system, something he'd had since he could remember, things like the flu, even simple fevers, have sent him to a few hospitals. It's how he started his hobby, when his friends went and played outside in the snow, he sat close to the fire, warming himself along with his father, who was always freezing, no matter how warm it was inside. Remembering those days, Chuuya smiled lightly. Flipping the dorm lights on, he checked the cabinets half expecting they would be unorganized, and he'd have to reorganize. "Wow, so he does know how to put things away." Chuuya hummed pulling out the eggs and a skillet.

Slipping out of bed, Dazai huffed, drowsily making his way out into the kitchen. "What are we having Chibi?" gripping the handle of the pan, Chuuya inhaled before attempting to hide the hiss in his voice.

"I'm not short, I still have a few inches left, you oversized mackerel. I have an omelet I don't know about." Chuuya hissed as he flipped the omelet. In an almost too perfect splat, it landed still folded back on the pan.

Fanning a hand over his chest, Dazai pouted, grabbing a box of cereal and a bowel. He poured a bunch, not caring if some of the cereal spilled outside the bowel. He didn't seem to pay attention to where he poured the milk either, still half asleep. Chuuya was already coming up with hundreds of different ways to strangle him. Dazai may be hot, but he's a slob, and Chuuya prefers everything tidy, easily dusted, and well-kept. Dazai grabbed a spoon and ate as he scrolled through his phone. Chuuya couldn't see the profiles of females nearby Dazai was scrolling through in tinder. He'd normally go to a bar for this, but it was too early for that right now.

When Chuuya's roommate finished his bowl of cereal, he didn't bother to clean up after himself, leaving the bowl on the table. "Oh no, you do not! Clean your damn mess or eat in your room." Chuuya hissed as he started adding a little garnish to his omelet after making sure to unplug the portable electric stove. He probably wasn't even allowed this in the dorm, but it wasn't an open flame, so what harm would it do? It was simply a metal surface hot enough to boil water and cook with.

Dazai tossed his head back and groaned before huffing with a childish glare. "So mean! If it bothers Chibi, why doesn't he clean it up!" Chuuya rolled his eyes as he dug into his breakfast.

"Stop calling me Chibi, you shit head! Plus, it's not my mess. I don't clean for other people, snot-nosed bastard." Dazai snickered, grabbing his bowel and sitting in the sink.

"You suck at insults~" Dazai purred, Smirking while he flicked his roommate on the forehead. He walked out the door before Chuuya could recover. He'd noticed Chuuya looking at him over day one, so of course, he would use that for as long as it worked. He did it all the time with girls when he wanted something. This was no different; it wasn't like he wanted to star-strike Chuuya, he just knew how to get what he wanted.

Chuuya clicked his tongue, glaring at the door as he set his plate down, and started cleaning the rest of Dazai's mess up. "I'm going to strangle him."

When he finished doing a bit of organizing and moving the furniture so it was centered and everything looked how he liked it, Chuuya decided to do a bit of at-home exercising. Everything he'd brought from his room at home was neatly stored under his bed, and to his relief was all still there exactly how he'd put it. Grabbing the weight and bands, as well as the mat, he set it in the living room and played some music. Since he couldn't go for a morning jog in the rain today, he decided to start with some cardio.