No Other Reason

It took another three days before Chuuya found out, already too late to intervene or clear the rumors. He'd gone through school like every other day. He ignored the stares and covered whispers. It wasn't until after class that he found out the extent of the rumors and insults flooding the building.

His closest friend sat on a beanbag across from his bed, clearly uncomfortable. Perhaps she thought the rumors were partly true, perhaps she was nervous being so close to Chuuya. "Hey, you've been weird since you walked in. If something is bothering you just speak up." Chuuya was always to the point and aggressive with things like this. His friends years ago when he was a sheep acted the same when he first learned of those rumors.

Higuchi fidgeted for a while in silence until she was ready to talk. "Chu, do you know what they're saying in school about you?" Panic took over Chuuya's expression before turning to anger.

"No, but from your actions and tone I can only assume nothing good." While he appeared to be his usual self on the outside, he was panicking, already starting to crumble beneath the thoughts of losing his whole life because of some dumb rumors.

"Yeah, it's not anything good. Rumors are saying you assaulted a few classmates in high school without reason. There are others, but they get worse the more you listen.'' Higuchi sounded almost guilty as she watched Chuuya blink rapidly while he took in what's being said.

"So he's at it again... god fucking damn it. I swear the next time I see him, I'm gonna kill him for real this time. He's such an immature dumb little shit! If he gets me kicked out over this, I swear to whatever being's out there, he's dead." Chuuya's voice should have sounded angry, but there was a certain amount of fear laced within each word.

"I think that's a bit far, I'm sure this will all go away. Plus, it could have been anybody who started them and eventually led to a big game of telephone." Higuchi tried to calm the petite male down but in the end, had no such luck. "I think I'm going to head out for the night. If you need anything, you can shoot me a call or text."

Chuuya waited until she was gone to completely let himself dive into frustration and anger. He was never good with controlling his anger, not when it got this bad. Not when all he wanted to do was bash somebody's skull into the ground. Not when all he could picture was his fist repeatedly bashing into a bloodied face. No, he wasn't angry, rather he was frustrated and terrified. With every punch into the bean bag, he hissed cusses underneath his breath. What had he done to deserve any of this?

When he was younger, he'd been cocky and confident. He was the popular kid, the one who had girls falling head over heels for. Even when he was out of the closet, he could catch girls drooling over him. He'd never once disrespected somebody over that though. If somebody wanted a fight he was there. He wasn't so uncontrollably angry though. It wasn't until after several incidents that this started happening. Before he had the chance to deal with the emotions that came with those incidents, he became angry. He'd scream, insult, and even hit whatever was closest to him. The only way to soothe the pain was drinking. So he naturally dove into it. He hated most alcoholic drinks, but wine was always his favorite. He enjoyed the bitter taste, the way he never got bored with it. He could chug it down without it burning his throat, unlike other drinks he'd tried.

When his temper tantrum came to a slow halt he didn't bother hiding the clanking noise of the bottle as he tossed them on the bed. He didn't try to hide that he had the drinks, leaving the empty bottles on the floor and the half-full one on the stand. He babbled to himself until he eventually became enveloped in the sweet blank of sleep.

Dazai had been home the whole night, within the walls of his room. He assured himself there was no reason for slipping his shoes on and sneaking out to buy a case of wine.