Tying Ends

The white powder surrounding the floor slowly began to melt as the air around warmed. The remnants of the winter fading into April. It had been a long ride since the start of the year. Though it had been hard, and at times the world seemed to go too fast or too slow; those moments bred small moments of joy. Every life has ups and downs. Some days you dive down into anguish, while others you soar high into bliss. That had been the year they had, a pair who'd started the year out with knives at each other's throats, unable to get along. Among their rocky road's they ended up a sweet pair.

"Chibi, could you fetch me the bowl atop the cabinet!" Despite being in a relationship with the short ginger, Dazai still had his tendency to be a little cruel. Though he knew now what insults to avoid, what comments would make Chuuya uncomfortable.

Chuuya huffed swinging himself from the sofa, he rarely let Dazai cook, considering he wasn't the best at anything that wasn't instant ramen. He was letting him attempt to make chicken for them tonight. "I'm not... god, I hate you!"

Dazai snickered, leaning his elbow on the shorter male's head. "Aww, can Chibi not reach?" His snarky remark ended with a smack to the face.

"Get the damned thing yourself, waste of bandages." Chuuya rolled his eyes walking into the cabinet to grab a handful of seasoning. "Were you planning to just dunk it into the flour..." Dazai looked at the cut chicken and the bowl of flour with a confused tilt of his head.

"I was..."

"God... you're a fucking idiot Dazai. First, no flour yet, second, use bread dumb-ass. For somebody who's supposed to be highly intelligent, you act like an actual idiot." Chuuya rolled his eyes watching Dazai stand there in confusion. "Alright, grab the bread, cut the crust, tear it into tiny pieces, dry it out in the microwave." Chuuya grumbled, leaning against the counter with his arms crossed.

"Like this?" Dazai glanced at Chuuya, making sure he got an 'okay', as he did as told. Taking out the breadcrumbs, now dried, he turned back to Chuuya. "Next?"

Rolling his eyes, Chuuya pointed to the salt, pepper, and lemon zest. "We don't have a food processor, so you'll have to do it by hand, but press that all together. Eye out the amount you need to mix with the crumbs."

Dazai grabbed a smaller bowl, eyeing the salt and pepper, less was always better than more. If need be, they could add more later. "Alright, I think that's the best it'll get. What now?"

"Separate the flour, eggs, and crumbs into separate bowls, use the shallow ones." Dazai nodded, cracking a few eggs and arranging the bowls next to each other.

"I season the chicken right?" Chuuya nodded to Dazai with a small smile. "Salt and pepper?" Chuuya nodded once more watching Dazai take pinches of salt and pepper and dust it over the chicken. "Then I dip it into the flour first, then egg, then the bread crumbs?" Chuuya hummed watching Dazai's hands work carefully. He tried his best to make everything even, and do so with little mess. He placed each piece of chicken on the small pan located on the portable stove-top. "Wait- there isn't an oven." Dazai looked to Chuuya, who sighed, pointing to the microwave.

"You can just use that, genius." Dazai stuck his tongue out, placing the chicken on a plate and sliding it into the microwave.

When it finished, Dazai cut through one of the two pieces to make sure it was cooked, before placing it on the table. "Dinner is ready and served for the tiny person." Chuuya exhaled and glared at the taller male as he finished his words.

"You're just tall, I'm not... I have a few centimeters left! I'm only 18..." Dazai clicked his tongue with a heavy sigh.

"Oh Chuuya, when will you accept that you're going to be short forever?" Dazai placed an arm over his forehead with a snicker. Only to find his knees being kicked in. He fell forward, only to have the scruff of his shirt yanked, preventing him from completely falling forward.