End Goals

Days passed within that house that had once been Dazai's hell. The walls which had once been tainted with only shouts and curses echoed with laughter and smiles. Chuuya and Dazai tended to spend their day exploring the city or simply playing with the kids. Chuuya's head leaned against Dazai's shoulder, sitting on the edge of the porch as they watched the two running about the yard. Tossing a ball to one another and running about the backyard play-scape. Something that must have recently been restored to its complete glory. Silently, the door opened behind the two as Mori entered the joyful scene. "There's lemonade!" he shouted, startling Chuuya, who hadn't noticed him enter the backyard. The two children came running at full force holding their hands out as Mori poured them each a glass. "How does smores sound tonight?" Mori asked the two children who both nodded eagerly only to turn to the couple on the stairs.

"Will they do s'mores with us?" Atsushi asked with pleading eyes, smiling when Dazai nodded. Though his chest certainly felt heavy, perhaps because he desired to have this; Mori being fatherly, caring for the joy of the children.

Dazai sipped the lemonade, his fingers toying with Chuuya's hair, snickering when he noticed the boy had fallen asleep. They tended to stay up late, and when the kids were up, they liked to play around, running and dragging the ginger all over. It didn't help that Elise had found a new person to practice on with him. She tended to demand he sit down and let her try new hairstyles on him. Chuuya could be far too kind for his own good, constantly allowing her to play with his hair. It was no wonder he was exhausted. "Chibi really needs to use his time more sparingly." Dazai pouted slightly, nuzzling his cheek on the male's head.

When the sun hid behind the horizon, and the moon lit the sky along with the glittering stars, they all sat around the fire pit. Dazai held Chuuya close, trying to tug his bun down so he could run his fingers in the ginger's hair again. Each time his hand was swatted away he pouted. His revenge for this was to wait for Chuuya to create the perfect s'more and steal it away each time. So, as Chuuya brought the snack to his lips, Dazai leaned over and stole it. "EH? Dazai, that was mine!" Dazai shrugged, leaning back as he waited for Chuuya to make another one, stealing that one too. "Hey! Go make your own, you thief!"

"Why do that when Chibi manages to melt everything perfectly?" Chuuya narrowed his eyes, a smirk on his lips as he glanced at Atsushi. Before Dazai could latch his arms around his waist, he slipped from his seat on the bench to sit down with the kids. Leaving no room on their bench for the brunette. Dazai placed his hand on his heart, acting like he'd been shot before pouting. "Chibi's being mean to me!"

"Tch, you stole my s'mores first!"

"Yeah, Chuuya-san is right! You were the meanie first!" Atsushi sided with the ginger, which only got the brunette to pout more.

"Everybody's so mean to poor me! Chibi makes the best smores, and he wouldn't let me play with his hair!"

"That's what that was for? Geez, you're such a baby Dazai!" The brunette puffed his cheeks out again before the pair began to bicker once more.

"You two are like an old married couple." Elise spoke up from her spot on the rocking chair, seated to the left of where Chuuya was currently.

To say embarrassment would be an understatement. The red that rushed through the small male's face and the sudden stop in his insults showed far more than embarrassment. "Elise! You broke him!" Dazai wasn't free of his tinted cheeks, but he could hide his embarrassment, unlike the small ginger.

When he finally recovered, he tossed a bar of chocolate at the girl with a glare. Mori chuckled from where he leaned on against the railing. "Dinner is ready, I hope you saved room." Dazai was the first to stand, putting the flames out before pulling Chuuya to him.