Recovery

Note:

Oooo I'm finally putting the significance on Chuuya's health condition in this chapter. Way longer than any other chapter I've written. My apologies for that.

Warnings on this chapter: Talk of past trauma and suicide

~

The next morning, Chuuya woke up mid-day. Shaking in his bed, he looked at his alarm clock. School. Chuuya swung his feet over the side of his bed, standing up a little too quickly. Met with a dizzy spell, he stumbled back onto his bed swearing at himself. Noting how cold the room was, he walked to the space heater confused. It was definitely on, and the closer he got to it, he did feel warmer. Sniffing, he walked to the kitchen, still shivering. He took some over-the-counter cold meds before searching the cabinets for vitamin and iron supplements. He was probably malnourished or something like that. Just to be cautious, he grabbed the thermometer and stuck it in his mouth. When the object beeped, he took a look and groaned... 38C (about 100 F). Chuuya sighed, taking what he needed to before layering up in clothes. He made himself what was left of the soup before plopping back in bed.

Chuuya buried under as many blankets as he could, including one or two off Dazai's bed. He tried to get sleep, but with how clogged his nostrils were, that was aggravating. He hated being sick, not to mention the anxiety being sick had. When he was with his dad whenever he got a sniffle, his dad kept him home and made him rest and take meds until he was better. Ever since they discovered how even the simplest thing, like a cold, could be a risk to his life. This was to be expected though, he'd jumped into a body of freezing water in mid-February and stayed in the cold, damp clothes until he'd gotten back from the hospital. When he couldn't find himself drifting off, he decided to text Dazai and ask if he could pick up tissues, over-the-counter cold medicine, in liquid form. That was very important. He almost forgot to add soup and crackers to the list. That would have been bad.

~

Dazai arrived back at the dorm with the list of things Chuuya had requested. Slipping into the other room, he sat at the edge of the bed. Seems Chuuya had fallen asleep. He'd stay a bit longer, but he did have those therapy sessions to deal with. "Dazai?" Hearing the ginger, the brunette put a small smile over his face.

"Feel any better?" Dazai hummed while rubbing the male's back. "You're sure wrapped in a ton of layers." He joked around, but Chuuya didn't respond for a bit.

"It's still cold..." Chuuya mumbled the words before turning to look at Dazai.

"I'll get the thermometer and make you something to eat. I'm sure it'll be alright if I'm a few minutes late for my first session." Dazai smiled, watching Chuuya shut his eyes again.

Dazai cooked the soup as fast as he could, hurrying to get it to Chuuya. He set it by the small male's bed. Setting the thermometer in his mouth, Chuuya opened his eyes again. When it beeped, Dazai stared at it. "What is it now?"

Dazai shook his head as he turned the thermometer down. "Did you take anything today?"

Chuuya nodded, bringing his finger to the front of his face and blowing on them. He was freezing. "I did... around noon."

Dazai counted the hours, he couldn't take anything else for at least another two hours. "What was your fever this morning?"

"Just about 38"

"Well, it's up to 38.8. I'll be back after my session. Stay in bed unless you absolutely have to get up alright?" Chuuya nodded, closing his eyes again. Dazai pressed his lips to the boy's forehead before he left.

~

The waiting room was far too bright. The walls were coated in bright yellow, the seats a light bluish color. The whole set of colors flashed with everything. Dazai tapped his foot as he watched random videos and played a few games. He didn't want to be doing this. "Dazai Osamu?" Hearing his name, he pulled himself from the chair. He dragged himself through the corridor and down the hall to the room. At least this room isn't disgustingly bright. He looked around for a bit before taking a seat on the couch across from the male sitting in the chair.