Difficult Roommate

Friday nights, the worst of every night. To most people, Fridays were blissful, it meant the week was done. Dazai didn't care about that though, not as he laid on his bed struggling to occupy his mind. His phone laid on his nightstand, it vibrated for the eighth time, a ninth, and a tenth time before he finally accepted the call wouldn't disappear. "What, I'm busy." He wasn't, but he would rather go find a reason to be busy.

"Sure you are, I'm just checking up on you, Dazai." The male who called him was none other than his cousin. "They miss seeing you every day. Think you can stop by tomorrow?" The people in question were two orphans Dazai was relatively fond of.

"Too busy, I'll message you when I can. I'm gonna go now, preferably to put my cell on silent and ignore him." The last time Dazai had picked up a call from his father was years ago, that didn't mean his phone wasn't called every Friday, a voicemail detailing how much of a failure he was left each night.

"Alright Dazai, I've got to start cooking anyway." Without saying goodbye, Dazai clicked off the call and slid his phone to silence after messaging one of the unnamed contacts in his phone. He reclined on the bed, making sure his room was decent.

~

Chuuya sat on his bed clutching a giant stuffed bear as he laughed. "How have you had this many bad first dates!" Chuuya snickered as Higuchi rolled her eyes and leaned back. Her bun softly came undone as she sighed.

"I'm telling you I'm cursed! I've tried girls, boys, literally, everything, and something always goes wrong." She flailed her arms out in a defeated huff, an arm resting over her forehead as Chuuya set aside the bear and flopped onto his back. "Hey, what about you? You're pretty damn cute, you've had to have gone on a few dates."

Chuuya tensed up his hands sliding to his half shirt, he dressed rather comfortably around Higuchi because he trusted her, and she did tend to tell him he looked pretty masculine no matter what he wore. "Oh, I mean, I've gone on a few, with one person. You know the kid I sent to the hospital." Higuchi suddenly shot up at Chuuya.

"Holy crap Chuuya! See, I knew you wouldn't randomly start a fight. Alright, did he cheat, or what?" Higuchi was suddenly far too interested in Chuuya's background.

"No, no we were actually really close. We liked each other, but things got outta hand at a few parties. I mean, I led the sheep for a few years, and that turned into a mess, rumors spread and things, then I moved closer to Yokohama.'' Chuuya waved his hand dismissively before looking to Higuchi.

"Hold up, back it up there pretty boy. You, what now?"

Groaning Chuuya puffed his cheeks out. "I was a delinquent in high school. Come on, we all have one phase.'' Chuuya looked embarrassed as he hid his face in the stuffed bear.

"True, I was really obsessed with pistols and weapons in high school." Chuuya looked at her with a snicker.

"That must have worried people." Higuchi shrugged before they both fell silent for a brief moment. The silence was interrupted by the creaking of a bed and a moan. Higuchi shot up looking at Chuuya, who ran his hand down his face.

"Sorry, I'll lead you out. We can hang out at your place next time?" Chuuya grumbled watching as Higuchi nodded and grabbed her stuff.

"See you Chuuya." The blonde called back to the ginger, who merely smiled.

Once Higuchi was out of sight, he slammed his door closed and attempted to find a way to distract himself. Walking to his stash, he grabbed the last bottle, which lay with enough wine for a single glass.

He waited an hour, then another. When the pitch changed, he assumed it was another girl. Eventually, it reached close to ten PM, and Chuuya was fed up, so he tossed a hoodie over his top. If his roommate planned to do this, he could go somewhere else.

Chuuya walked up to the door and slammed his fist against his roommate's door. Not even 30-seconds later, Dazai opened the door to scowl. "What?" his tone was unusually snappy. Chuuya noticed that first, then the two girls sitting with the covers covering their bodies. He was honestly disgusted.

"Do you have any idea what time it is Dazai? Some of us would like to get some sleep. So if you could wrap this up and maybe next time do this elsewhere, that'd be great." Dazai glared before slightly kicking the door open further, with no care if he exposed the two women in his room. He did it purposely, knowing he'd get rid of his roommate.

"Oh fuck off Chuuya, you have your wine, go get fucking drunk. I'm not in the mood to deal with one of your hissy-fits." Chuuya glared, but kept his eyes on Dazai, not falling for the obvious play he was trying here.

"Wow, so now you're playing at it like that? Looks who's tossing the fit over some human decency. Would it kill you to have a little remorse for others Dazai? Oh, and for your information, I'd have already been out if I had the resources to do so." Chuuya spat each word with venom.

Dazai decided to switch tactics, if he couldn't get him to leave his door by repulsing him, he'd just embarrass him to death. He let the towel draped around his waist fall just slightly. "You're more than welcome to join." Dazai's lips turned to a smirk, and he got the exact reaction he wanted.

Chuuya lit up red with a click of his tongue. "You fucking ass!" Chuuya grabbed the door handle and slammed it shut before he dug himself a grave.

It was at least one when Dazai's room finally fell silent, the door to the dorm opening and closing. Chuuya had his pillow over his ears, and his body curled up into himself. Despite the silence, he couldn't find himself falling into sleep. When four in the morning came, Chuuya stepped from his bed and walked out to the kitchen with the small amount of wine he had. Chuuya remained in his pajamas, since it was often cold at night, he wore slippers, fuzzy pants, and a t-shirt with a robe over it. Chuuya fished for a wine glass before pouring the wine into the glass. He slid it over the table and went searching for snacks. He rummaged the cabinets for food, pulling out leftovers from his last meal. He set it down next to the wine and glanced at the clock.

Just as he brought the glass to his lips, the lights came to life. "Wow, the one complaining about not being able to sleep because I was being loud happens to be awake anyway." Dazai walked over to the cabinet pulling out a bag of chips.

Chuuya flat-out ignored Dazai. Eventually, he'd stop taunting him over things if he just ignored him. That's normally how people worked.

~

Sadly it didn't, at least it didn't work with Dazai. For the first three weeks, Dazai had been confused and pulled a few things, but eventually started pouting and bringing girls back more often. That was a living nightmare, but at least Dazai wasn't talking to him as much. If he were honest, it was weird. Not in the missing it way, well, maybe he missed it a little. He did enjoy getting to yell back at Dazai, but that wasn't the point.

Weeks had gone by before Dazai took things a step further. He was in a bad mood himself but this, this was uncalled-for. Chuuya was humming happily to himself as he cooked himself a late-night dinner. Higuchi had just left, despite being offered food. "Chibi! I'm hungry." Dazai leaned over the couch with a whine as he glanced at Chuuya, who rolled his eyes but didn't speak.

Dazai sat up, waiting till Chuuya was finished cooking. "You're so sensitive Chuuya. Learn to take meaningless jabs, it might help your privileged ass make it in this world. Guys like Shirace probably wouldn't make you freeze up if you don't overreact to everything. Ignoring people doesn't resolve shit." Dazai stuck his tongue out before he noticed Chuuya set the plate down and rush off to his room. The door slammed as he disappeared from view. The sound of bottles clinking echoed within the room. Dazai's chest tightened as he looked at the food. Sighing, he got out the plastic wrap. He began unraveling it before his eyes fell on the razor. He stood like that for a while before he snapped his attention to wrapping the dish again. He set the food inside the fridge with a sigh.

"That's not what I'd wanted to say." He hissed at himself underneath his breath, before returning to his room for the night.