Mending

Dazai slid into the car that would take him to a place that was no longer home to him. He arrives but takes as long as possible to drag himself up to the door while the nameless faces drag his things into the house. He'd forgotten how large the mansion was. He'd forgotten how it looked and felt. His eyes lacked any light as he stepped onto the porch and through the door. His eyes trailed from the floor to meet the man who called himself his father. It was silent before the yelling began. "You disappear for years and I learn you tried to take your life? Do you have any idea how detrimental that is to my reputation as a doctor?" Dazai sidestepped walking to the living room. He sat down trying his best to block out the sounds. "Well, at least you didn't get yourself arrested. Though you've turned into a whore, it's better than having a son in jail." Dazai stared blankly at the ceiling. Most of the words brushing past. He'd heard this all before. The lecture, he wasn't worried about him, only concerned for his status in life. That was his father for you, selfish, cruel, and heartless.

If he were a movie character, he'd probably run a mafia, he could sacrifice people so easily. Eventually, the lecture finished and Mori was out of Dazai's sight. He eventually dragged himself to his room, it was a week, that's it. Six days here, that's all he needed to survive.

While he was suffering, Chuuya was having a blast. He was going out for dinner and celebrating the first term coming to a close. His sister had finally brought home her girlfriend. Yosano and Koyo seemed to be meant for one another. They played family games on the T.V, the girls against the boys. There was a ton of laughing and playful roughhousing. Chuuya talked about school but left Dazai out of the stories. He talked about Fyodor and Higuchi and how much he was enjoying his classes. They went out to dinner and talked about things to catch up with each other.

Everything was joyful and perfect, for all but the last two days of vacation. Chuuya was sent pictures from Shirase all containing his supposed boyfriend and some guy with an extremely long braid. He checked his feed and noticed there were posts with the male tagged in them. Chuuya lets the phone slide down to the couch in the middle of their family game. "Hey, shorty what's up?" Yosano taps his shoulder, but Chuuya only shakes his head.

"Nothing, just beating your ass in this game!" He forced a smile as they finished the game. It was about eleven when he decided to retire for the night. As he shut his door, he checked his phone again before tearing up. Did he choose the wrong one? He collapsed into bed, curled up in a ball. He'd stay off his phone until he got back to campus.

It wasn't long before Dazai found out. He knew it would happen, but he still picked his phone up to try and reach out. Yet, as his finger dusted over Chuuya's contact, their fight found its way into his head. Dazai clasped his hands on his phone, nearly cracking it. "Right, he hates me... it won't be comforting if I message him. He'll probably think I texted to rub it in... if he didn't already block me." Dazai laid in bed trying to find something to occupy his mind. He could get something to eat, but that involved walking outside his room. When was the last time he ate? He'd skipped the family meals and hadn't left his room much... he hadn't actually had anything to eat the past week, had he? As he thought about what he had and hadn't done, his door was unlocked and shoved open. Tapping his foot with a small blond girl wrapped around his leg stood Mori. "what?" Dazai sat up before groaning when he spotted the child.

"Don't give me attitude, you're staying here, so I expect you to spend time with Elise." Dazai rolled his eyes as he leaned back on the bed.

"I didn't want to come, I'd much prefer the street or my dorm to this. I only came because of Oda. She's old enough to play on her own.'' With his reply came the slamming of his door.

~

Chuuya stepped back into the dorm, it was late and there were classes tomorrow, but the lights in the dorm were still off. Looking around, he noted Dazai wasn't back yet. Not that he cared. Unpacking from the week, he slid into pajamas, flipped the space heater on, and dropped into bed. He fell asleep rather quickly that night, exhausted from the week of activities.