Gone To Far

Week one, shockingly warm, laid back, and rather un-chaotic. So far, everything was going alright, better than expected. There wasn't much to say, a week had already gone by, despite Dazai's relentless hobbies of making his life miserable, Chuuya was enjoying college. No responsibilities revolving around his family, no reporters, no photoshoots, just him and his hobbies. Chuuya had never felt this free in his life. He was too loyal to turn down something that could potentially put the family at risk of slander. He was most definitely a pushover, but he didn't mind it. At least, he didn't show that he did. This freedom that he had in college was blissful, to say the least.

His legs sat promptly on a footrest as the rest of his body snuggled against a beanbag he'd just brought into the apartment. His sketchbook laid on his lap with his laptop open to assignments. With the first week over and the second week started homework was already starting. His headphones were in with some softer music than normal, not too loud as Dazai had gone over to some other girls' house instead of the dorm room. If only Dazai could be so considerate every time he decided to fuck some poor girl. Shaking away the distraction, he got back to work.

The soft atmosphere broke as Dazai entered the dorm looking as if she had just come back from a shopping trip instead of some bedroom. "You're back early." Chuuya's grumbles were filled with discontent as he continued to work.

"What are you doing Chibi!?" Dazai's all-to-chipper mood sunk Chuuya's mood like a boat. He was quite enjoying the peace and quiet Dazai's absence had provided him with. "Yuck, more tacky things, do you have some obsession with tacky outdated hats?" Chuuya rolled his eyes, ignoring the brunette's taunts in his own way.

"Fuck of waste of bandages. You're the one with a weird obsession revolving bandages." Chuuya continued to scribble on the drawing, fixing and adding little details as he went.

"Chibi is no fun!" Chuuya continued to face his paper as Dazai whined. In return, the sketchpad was snatched by Dazai's fingers. He immediately started flipping through taunting Chuuya's drawings. Most of them were suits and hats. The occasional casual shirts came up here and there, but most of the drafts Chuuya had were men's formal wear. "You're gay really shows with this." Dazai dropped the notepad into a shocked Chuuya's lap before heading back to his room.

Days were often like this, Dazai would skip class and Chuuya would come home to either moans or insults. This wasn't a treatment he wasn't used to, he'd dealt with worse in high school. He could get through this one year of rooming with Dazai. There were days when Chuuya came home hours later than normal looking exhausted from his anger therapy. Shockingly, it was doing a little to help his temper issues. Back in high school, he'd sent kids to the nurse several times, gotten suspended over petty fights, even attacked a teacher. He yelled a lot more than he does now as well. That's not to say he has any control over how he deals with his emotions yet. If he did, he wouldn't have bashed his roommate's nose in their first few weeks of knowing each other. Other days, Dazai would go to class and come back to see Chuuya's door closed with laughter echoing. Those days became twice a week. Each time a blonde, who he learned was Higuchi, left. Chuuya called those days care days. He described it like a girl's slumber party. At least that's what Dazai had thought about when he said hair and face masks, nails, and gossip

Dazai was still struggling to figure some things out. One of those laid within Chuuya's reaction to his bantering, the reaction that resulted in a fist tossed at his face. He didn't really know if it had been his continuous line of insults on a bad day or something specific he could use to feel that shock again. Though he did suppose once he knew what it was, he'd never feel that again. He hated pain, but he loved feeling normal. Normal meant the slowing of his rushing mind, the dark thoughts subsiding, and feeling something besides the numbness. So it was natural to tease Chuuya, he always found the petite male's hisses and screams unpredictable and different. It led to a feeling in his chest that he loved. He could say anything he wanted, and the male seemed to still be offended. In the rare case, he wasn't, and the ginger stood there confused, all Dazai needed to say was never mind, or explain he was kidding around. That often gets Chuuya threatening to hit over the head with a brick.