Summer

The passing days fell into warmth, the week of finals approaching quicker than expected. A whole month had passed before the news reached the ginger, sitting curled against Dazai when his phone began going off. Picking it up with a frown, he noticed it was Higuchi. Dazai glanced at him, acting as if he had no idea what the woman was contacting him about. Of course, he knew. Mori had successfully texted him just this morning about the success.

Chuuya sighed, answering the call with a hum. "Hey Higuchi, what's up?" he nearly dropped the phone, his face falling in shock before joy crept up. "Seriously? He's gone for good, damn that's great. Serves him right, you know! We should all go celebrate tonight." Chuuya looked at Dazai, who smiled back at him. "I'll call you back..." Chuuya hung up, giving Dazai one of his what did you do looks.

"Ah, is Chibi going to be mad at me?" Dazai pulled the hand resting in Chuuya's hair to his forehead, feigning hurt.

Chuuya rolled his eyes, grabbing Dazai's shirt and pulling him to him, slotting his lips against Dazai's with a smirk. "You're the best Osamu." Dazai shivered as Chuuya called out his first name. He really only called him that when they were alone and being intimate. It always managed to send chills throughout his body. Dazai allowed himself to fall back onto the couch with Chuuya kneeling over him as he pressed further into the kiss.

~

Sitting up with a yawn and stretching his arms, Dazai glanced over to Chuuya, who was already busy cooking breakfast. Dazai got to his feet before sitting back down immediately with a hiss. "Chibi! We have classes today!" Chuuya spun around confidently and looked at Dazai with a snicker.

"Consider it revenge for nearly breaking my back the day before break!" Dazai puffed his cheeks out, his innocent ginger was starting to get cockier every day.

"So mean..." Dazai mumbled as he crossed his arms. Though that frown turned into a smile when Chuuya set a plate of chocolate chip pancakes onto his lap. "Chibi is so nice!" Dazai hummed, putting his hands together in front of his chest.

"Real quick 180 there Dazai." Chuuya rolled his eyes sitting at the other end of the couch with his plate in his hands as he turned on the TV.

There was silence between them before Dazai set his plate down and looked to the ceiling. "Hey Chuuya?" the alarm went off immediately in the ginger's head. First alarm at his actual name being used, and not the ridiculous insult Dazai called him. The second alarm came with his drooping voice and the stillness of his words.

"One of those days?" Chuuya turned the TV down so Dazai would know he was paying attention to him.

"Not really... I just thought about something."

"Wel,l don't leave me hanging, what popped into that unreadable mind of yours, Dazai?" Chuuya moved closer to Dazai, pulling his hair down and shaking it out. He guided Dazai's hands to the strands, he never said it aloud, but Chuuya knew running his fingers through his hair helped Dazai with stress. Though it most likely was the knowledge Chuuya was real and what they shared was real.

"The year ends in two weeks... and summer... will we see each other? Then next year, what if we can't room together?" Chuuya sighed, looking ahead towards the wall, he smiled, moving to set his hand on the brunette's thigh.

"You know we'll see each other over the summer, hell why don't you spend the first month or two there? I've gotta introduce you to the family properly anyways. Let the summer have two weeks and then you fly down, I'll pick you up at the airport and drive you back to my house? I doubt my dad will care if I have my boyfriend over." Dazai smiled, moving his arms to wrap around Chuuya.