Do You Regret It?

Note:

Here I bless ya with a moment of joy before some more angst,

I've gotten complaints about this before, so I'll just make a note here for y'all.

This chapter has dubious consent via alcohol. While consent is given, both parties are intoxicated at least a bit. If this makes you uncomfortable, avoid the bolded ~ to the next bolded ~. (happens twice)

~

Snow dripped down, falling and forming a soft blanket. The night sky hid its stars behind the snow clouds but the beauty of the night was not put to shame or frozen. Though the streets were icy and the atmosphere was bitter cold, it was a rather pleasing night.

Dazai sighed as he shook the snow from his jacket, looking over to Chuuya, who shivered and clung to his clothes even though they were indoors. "Couldn't we have rescheduled this?" Dazai frowned, glancing over to Higuchi, who had driven them all here.

"Nope! Sorry, but I paid ahead and they're booked for the next week! We are enjoying tonight alright?" Dazai sighed. He honestly hated Karaoke since he associated it with the bad memories that involved Fyodor.

"Come on Dazai, stop being a killjoy!" Chuuya walked backward with his arms behind his back. He smiled as they were let into their room.

Chuuya grabbed the whine that had been pre-ordered to be ready for when they arrived. "Guess Chibi isn't driving back." Dazai snickered as he took a seat on the couch.

Higuchi smiles slyly as she leans back on a chair. "Oh, I already planned on driving you both back. I don't drink much." Dazai nodded as he took up a glass and poured himself something to drink.

"Yo Dazai, I dare you to get up and sing! I sang all night last time we were here, so it's your turn. Unless you're a coward, then I guess I'll go first." Dazai lowered his gaze and stood up walking to the microphone.

"I am not a coward!" Dazai huffed, turning back to swallow another two glasses relishing in the burn that trickled down his throat.

"Jeez, you two, we've been in here for like five minutes and you're already getting drunk. The food hasn't even arrived yet!" Higuchi huffed crossing her arms as Dazai grabbed the microphone.

Chuuya listened, impressed that Dazai wasn't half bad. He had a nice voice, far better than he'd been expecting. "You are both hopeless" Higuchi pinched the rim of her nose as she watched Chuuya's starstruck expression.

Chuuya took the stage after Dazai having to one-up him. It turned into a competition between the three of them, though Higuchi was more the third-wheel. The two boys were paying most of their attention to each other. Seems a little alcohol was enough to get them to stop being awkward idiots and get closer. Higuchi felt proud of herself as she stood up.

Walking out to check her phone, giving them a bit of time to work things out. She couldn't help but notice dazai's coat was vibrating. His phone seemed to be going off like crazy.

Chuuya was pressing closer to Dazai. The two of them fighting over the mic, even though there was another that could be used. They were both drunk, neither of them thinking too much.

~

They had been alone for all of ten minutes, fighting over the mic and challenging each other before things took a faster pace. It was expected with the force they were tugging the microphone with. The two tangled inside the wire before trying to separate and coincidently pulling each other to the floor. Dazai hissed trying to roll over before his brain caught up with him. He stared up at Chuuya, tilting his head lightly. Centimeter by centimeter Dazai's face grew redder and redder. He opened his mouth to tell Chuuya to move a bit so they could untangle themselves. Chuuya followed suit becoming red and squirming to untangle himself from Dazai. They ended up twisting on the floor before hitting the wall, free from the wire, but crashing into each other, face to face. It was for a split second, but their lips touched. Both of them jolted back a bit and looked away. Silence fell before Chuuya stood and grabbed another glass to swallow some courage. "Uh, y-you said you were straight right?"